SNL writer says she'll give a blowjob to anyone who punches the Covington smiling kid.

So what you are saying is that Surveillance Media is Too Big To Succeed, so we should just accept their damaging impact upon people while they monetize our behavior without our consent or knowledge.

No thank you. I'll pass.

I'll pass too, I already did when I refused to have anything to do with that narcissistic shit.

But no, what I'm saying is don't sit there and pretend the Nosebooks are the "publisher". Publishers vet their content before they put their name on a book. Post 267 for an example is not "published" by USMB. It's posted by a specific person. If you want to go after that post you go after Picaro -- not the site.

Ain't rocket surgery.

Scuze moi, but the Surveillance Media have data scientists, algorithms and AI for analyzing all of this content. The only issue is them actually spending money to control content and then forgoing the profits that the monetization of the deleted toxic behavior would have generated.

USMB has mods that delete comments from users who cross the line. We do not see the Doxxing and calls to punch teenager in the face or to get them expelled from school here. The Mega Platforms enable and allow this hideous, illegal behavior...and actually PROFIT from it.

The Surveillance Media are not Too Big To Be Accountable.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you didn't address the point at all.

That being, *HOW* is a medium responsible for what someone writes on it? If Picaro spray-paints "Injuns go home" on a wall ---- shall we blame the wall? For "not being accountable"? :uhh:

Is a newspaper responsible for the "letters to the editor" and classified ads it publishes? Yes and Yes.

If Picaro sprays on a wall, he has vandalized the wall - not the same as if the building owner provided the spray paint and stood back and watched.

You lose.
Newspapers edit and decide what is published so yes they are responsible. Social media does not edit and review everything that is published. They have algorithms that flag, copywrited, vulgar, or dangerous material so there are some filters in place but it is a very different medium than a newspaper or magazine

Just because Surveillance Media fails in its review responsibility, doesn't justify that failure. There is plenty of empirical evidence of deletions, suspensions and banishments to show that when they do care, they take action. And the fact that they only do this when they care demonstrates that they are acting in an editorial capacity. Hence, they are content providers and publishers.

What needs to be done is for Google, Facebook, Twitter and the rest of the Surveillance Media to be declared content publishers and subject to libel laws.
I’m not a fan of social media but I don’t see how they can possibly be responsible for everything their millions of users write on their sites. Do you think USMB should be responsible for everything every dumbass posts here in the forum?
if they're not responsible for it then they need to stop policing it to determine what is right and wrong.
I think it reasonable for each platform to have standards for their allowable content to make sure it isn’t too vulgar, threatening, or dangerous. I don’t think they need to be responsible for fact checking things one person says about another

Underlying your reasoning is the presumption that the volume is too much for them to responsibly manage as content publishers.

That's a Fake Excuse.
Again I’ll ask, how is it different from USMB? They screen posts but should they be responsible for libel and the content we post?

USMB is quite actively moderating.

Trying doxxing the child of someone on the board and see what happens to you.

The forum rules with which you should be quite familiar:

• Please post in English. We like having Global USMB members, but the use of other languages is too often abused in order to circumvent rules.
  • When starting a new Thread, please first check and confirm that there are not Current Threads, on the Same Topic, This will Avoid Merges. Please select the forum that best relates to the subject matter of your topic. Opening Posts require more than a Copy and Paste with a Link, You need to include relevant, on topic material of your own. When posting a new topic do not use the CAPS lock.
  • No Direct or implied threats of violence/harm towards another member, or members family and/or threats with the intent of interfering in or disrupting a member's life. Moderation may act on obvious Stalking and Harassment of members on the forums.
  • No Attacks on family members.
  • No Accusations of other members relating to bestiality or pedophilia.
  • No Discussing infractions, bans, banned members, or specific moderator actions or duties on the open boards. Issues with moderation should be taken up privately with moderators in PM
  • You may not disclose any personal information about other members. Name, E-Mail, phone number, address, occupation, pictures, quotes, etc. that has NOT first been posted here at USMB by the member themselves (Include Link), this includes links to sites that contain said personal information. No Off Site Data Mining Members.
  • No Posting contents of PMs without permission from the sender. A Rep Comment is Not considered a PM. Responses to a Rep comment are considered PM's.
  • Foul language (profanity) will be loosely tolerated and at the moderators discretion at any time within any forum and/or sub-forum.
  • Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
  • No Linking to, discussing, or promoting other Message Boards Anywhere on the Site.
  • Editing quotes. You may selectively quote, provided that it does not change the context or meaning of the quote. When you comment on the quote, do it outside of the quote box. Do not post inside of the quote box or alter the member names in "link-back" text..
  • No Spamming. Multiple posting of the same thing, advertising and links to other sites.
  • No Cross posting. Cross posting is posting the same content repeatedly or in multiple forums. Pick one.
  • Off-topic posts may be edited, trashed, deleted, or moved to an appropriate forum as per administrator & moderator discretion at any time within any forum and/or sub forum.
  • Administrator and Moderator Official Posts are generally Posted in Red. They are Directives. Please adhere to them. Do Not Neg Rep them. Do Not Comment on them.
  • Not All Rules and Regulations are written. Not every circumstance can be foreseen. Moderator Discretion does apply. When in doubt, PM an Administrator or Moderator.
  • All violations will be subject to action by an Admin/Mod. Action taken could range from a warning, to Infraction, to banning and will be at Admin/Mod discretion.

I’m not a fan of social media but I don’t see how they can possibly be responsible for everything their millions of users write on their sites. Do you think USMB should be responsible for everything every dumbass posts here in the forum?
if they're not responsible for it then they need to stop policing it to determine what is right and wrong.
I think it reasonable for each platform to have standards for their allowable content to make sure it isn’t too vulgar, threatening, or dangerous. I don’t think they need to be responsible for fact checking things one person says about another

Underlying your reasoning is the presumption that the volume is too much for them to responsibly manage as content publishers.

That's a Fake Excuse.

They ARE NOT "content publishers". That's your false premise. They are a MEDIUM.

Hate to bring you up to speed by stating the obvious but when Jim Fucking Hoft thinks he has a story because somebody tweeted something, and that's his 'source' --- HE'S FULL OF SHIT. By that standard post 267 here is a "story" too.

Well, as a MEDIUM they are part of the MEDIA which are responsible for content.

You lose again.

Again, NO THEY ARE NOT. The originator is responsible for the content he or she originates. USMB is not responsible for this post, nor did it write yours. It is simply the 'wall' we write on. Had we been on some other 'wall' we would have written the same things. The message us unaffected by its medium. You put your name on your posts; I put my name on mine. We are responsible for what's in them, not some medium that we happened to use at the time.

You lose times infinity. :funnyface:

And PS don't think you can dilute my rhetorical wrath by bringing out that cute li'l Batfink character, because you'd probably be right. :eusa_shifty:

That's a Fake Excuse.
Again I’ll ask, how is it different from USMB? They screen posts but should they be responsible for libel and the content we post?

USMB is quite actively moderating.

Trying doxxing the child of someone on the board and see what happens to you.

The forum rules with which you should be quite familiar:

• Please post in English. We like having Global USMB members, but the use of other languages is too often abused in order to circumvent rules.
  • When starting a new Thread, please first check and confirm that there are not Current Threads, on the Same Topic, This will Avoid Merges. Please select the forum that best relates to the subject matter of your topic. Opening Posts require more than a Copy and Paste with a Link, You need to include relevant, on topic material of your own. When posting a new topic do not use the CAPS lock.
  • No Direct or implied threats of violence/harm towards another member, or members family and/or threats with the intent of interfering in or disrupting a member's life. Moderation may act on obvious Stalking and Harassment of members on the forums.
  • No Attacks on family members.
  • No Accusations of other members relating to bestiality or pedophilia.
  • No Discussing infractions, bans, banned members, or specific moderator actions or duties on the open boards. Issues with moderation should be taken up privately with moderators in PM
  • You may not disclose any personal information about other members. Name, E-Mail, phone number, address, occupation, pictures, quotes, etc. that has NOT first been posted here at USMB by the member themselves (Include Link), this includes links to sites that contain said personal information. No Off Site Data Mining Members.
  • No Posting contents of PMs without permission from the sender. A Rep Comment is Not considered a PM. Responses to a Rep comment are considered PM's.
  • Foul language (profanity) will be loosely tolerated and at the moderators discretion at any time within any forum and/or sub-forum.
  • Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
  • No Linking to, discussing, or promoting other Message Boards Anywhere on the Site.
  • Editing quotes. You may selectively quote, provided that it does not change the context or meaning of the quote. When you comment on the quote, do it outside of the quote box. Do not post inside of the quote box or alter the member names in "link-back" text..
  • No Spamming. Multiple posting of the same thing, advertising and links to other sites.
  • No Cross posting. Cross posting is posting the same content repeatedly or in multiple forums. Pick one.
  • Off-topic posts may be edited, trashed, deleted, or moved to an appropriate forum as per administrator & moderator discretion at any time within any forum and/or sub forum.
  • Administrator and Moderator Official Posts are generally Posted in Red. They are Directives. Please adhere to them. Do Not Neg Rep them. Do Not Comment on them.
  • Not All Rules and Regulations are written. Not every circumstance can be foreseen. Moderator Discretion does apply. When in doubt, PM an Administrator or Moderator.
  • All violations will be subject to action by an Admin/Mod. Action taken could range from a warning, to Infraction, to banning and will be at Admin/Mod discretion.

We all know the rules here, and we also know that specific ones including the ones you bolded, have been and will continue to be violated. Sometimes they're dealt with by the site, sometimes not, but in NO case is the site somehow "responsible" for those offending posts.

For a further analogy --- if somebody starts a (false) rumor via a phone call, we don't blame "Verizon". Nor should we.

Last edited:
Obviously you havent watched the videos. Why are you commenting on stories you arent even familiar with?

Obviously I have. That's how I can pin you down with questions you can't answer.

Or perhaps YOU haven't watched the videos.
"You white people go back to europe, where you came from"

"This is not your land"

"Get the fuck out of here"

"Youre being a white man about it" (whatever that means)

6:54

Thank you. I heard all of this two days ago. And how exactly is that "racist"?

What do you think "racist" actually means?

And ---- I'll keep asking this until I get an answer ---- why do you keep deflecting the topic from Smirk-Boi?

Seriously guys, this situation isn’t that hard to fairly lay out... a bunch of kids hopped up on Mountain Dew were mouthing off at the center of lively political protests. The Black Hebrew Israelites we’re guilty of yelling ugly stuff, the kids were yelling ugly stuff. The Native Americans walked into the crowd of kids, maybe to calm them down or maybe to push back against the MAGA. Smirk boy played tough guy and decided to get in a stare down with drum beater. Some of the Indians crossed the line by getting in an inappropriate yelling match with the kids. The media released a very bias and narrow story focusing on the MAGA and not showing all aspects of what happened and now it’s blowing back in their face. So every group holds some responsibility. Can we all agree and end this BS now?!

What ugly stuff did the kids yell? For the record, youll need video evidence to back up your claim.

I don’t know what to tell you Godboy, we are both watching the same video and we are seeing different things. The BHIs were obviously the aggressive vulgar ones. The kids were jumping around laughing and chanting, nothing wrong about that but it was provoking. When the Indians marched in most the kids danced and chanted, most probably did so in good fun, some may have appeared to be mocking Indians, who knows. The stare down was provoking I don’t care how you paint it. Go to a bar and do that to a random guy and see how it works out. We all know you’d likely end up in a fight. The kid should have backed down and the drum beater should have backed down, they both own some fault. I didn’t hear what the other kid said to the other Indian but they were obviously jarring at eachother and then the Indian went off the rails which was wrong. I don’t know why I need to spell all this out, we both saw the video, I’m done with your spin if you can’t be honest about a situation that’s your problem.

cause the media wants it to be. they WANTED *MAGA* to be shown to be all the things they say they are. when it wasn't true, it not only makes them a liar, but it pulls their entire premise into question. this is "National" news cause the "National Media" has been guilty of this for almost a decade at this point and it's getting worse.

you're about to see a lot of news media in court soon and as soon as one "journalist" loses, the dominos will fall and lawsuits will fly like bullets in a warzone.

it's national news cause our national news sucks.
Yeah, it’s an issue. I’m all for the first amendment but something is broken here and there needs to be accountability

What needs to be done is for Google, Facebook, Twitter and the rest of the Surveillance Media to be declared content publishers and subject to libel laws.
Then they should stop fact checking or be content publishers

I'll pass too, I already did when I refused to have anything to do with that narcissistic shit.

But no, what I'm saying is don't sit there and pretend the Nosebooks are the "publisher". Publishers vet their content before they put their name on a book. Post 267 for an example is not "published" by USMB. It's posted by a specific person. If you want to go after that post you go after Picaro -- not the site.

Ain't rocket surgery.

Scuze moi, but the Surveillance Media have data scientists, algorithms and AI for analyzing all of this content. The only issue is them actually spending money to control content and then forgoing the profits that the monetization of the deleted toxic behavior would have generated.

USMB has mods that delete comments from users who cross the line. We do not see the Doxxing and calls to punch teenager in the face or to get them expelled from school here. The Mega Platforms enable and allow this hideous, illegal behavior...and actually PROFIT from it.

That being, *HOW* is a medium responsible for what someone writes on it? If Picaro spray-paints "Injuns go home" on a wall ---- shall we blame the wall? For "not being accountable"? :uhh:

Is a newspaper responsible for the "letters to the editor" and classified ads it publishes? Yes and Yes.

If Picaro sprays on a wall, he has vandalized the wall - not the same as if the building owner provided the spray paint and stood back and watched.

You lose.
Newspapers edit and decide what is published so yes they are responsible. Social media does not edit and review everything that is published. They have algorithms that flag, copywrited, vulgar, or dangerous material so there are some filters in place but it is a very different medium than a newspaper or magazine

Just because Surveillance Media fails in its review responsibility, doesn't justify that failure. There is plenty of empirical evidence of deletions, suspensions and banishments to show that when they do care, they take action. And the fact that they only do this when they care demonstrates that they are acting in an editorial capacity. Hence, they are content providers and publishers.
They have a terms of services that every user agrees to when they sign up. They can enforce whatever they want

cause the media wants it to be. they WANTED *MAGA* to be shown to be all the things they say they are. when it wasn't true, it not only makes them a liar, but it pulls their entire premise into question. this is "National" news cause the "National Media" has been guilty of this for almost a decade at this point and it's getting worse.

you're about to see a lot of news media in court soon and as soon as one "journalist" loses, the dominos will fall and lawsuits will fly like bullets in a warzone.

it's national news cause our national news sucks.
Yeah, it’s an issue. I’m all for the first amendment but something is broken here and there needs to be accountability

If they're not responsible for it, they should be prohibited from mining data from the use of their platforms.
Then stop using it.

I don’t think they currently fact check, I think they have terms of service that they enforce and it isn’t based on fact checking but more so vulgarity and security

Actually I just invited you to QUOTE that "racism". Apparently you can't do it.

I also asked why you're flailing around desperately to change the subject to something else so that Smirk-Boi goes unanswered. You didn't address that either; in fact once again you went right back to that same Deflection well.

:dig:
Obviously you havent watched the videos. Why are you commenting on stories you arent even familiar with?

Obviously I have. That's how I can pin you down with questions you can't answer.

"This is not your land"

And ---- I'll keep asking this until I get an answer ---- why do you keep deflecting the topic from Smirk-Boi?

Seriously guys, this situation isn’t that hard to fairly lay out... a bunch of kids hopped up on Mountain Dew were mouthing off at the center of lively political protests. The Black Hebrew Israelites we’re guilty of yelling ugly stuff, the kids were yelling ugly stuff. The Native Americans walked into the crowd of kids, maybe to calm them down or maybe to push back against the MAGA. Smirk boy played tough guy and decided to get in a stare down with drum beater. Some of the Indians crossed the line by getting in an inappropriate yelling match with the kids. The media released a very bias and narrow story focusing on the MAGA and not showing all aspects of what happened and now it’s blowing back in their face. So every group holds some responsibility. Can we all agree and end this BS now?!

Hopped up on mt dew n mouthing off?

Not seen that video yet.

So what you are saying is that Surveillance Media is Too Big To Succeed, so we should just accept their damaging impact upon people while they monetize our behavior without our consent or knowledge.

No thank you. I'll pass.

Ain't rocket surgery.

You lose.
Newspapers don't do much fact checking first or they'd not be in this mess.

I don’t think they currently fact check, I think they have terms of service that they enforce and it isn’t based on fact checking but more so vulgarity and security
I've had posts deleted cause they were not "factual" so I'll disagree here.

"This is not your land"

Not seen that video yet.

It’s a taladega nights movie quote. It’s what I thought when I saw that one kid run down in front of the group and take his shirt off and do that sumo wrestler dance. You don’t do that shit without a little Mountain Dew in your blood :)

Ain't rocket surgery.

You lose.
Newspapers don't do much fact checking first or they'd not be in this mess.

And we're still waiting for any inkling of what "this mess" they're "in" and/or what facts "they" didn't check.

Been going three days unanswered.

If all y'all put together can't come up with an answer to that how do you expect an attorney to do it?

Facebook Expanding Fact-Checking Project to Combat Fake News

Really?! On what site?

"This is not your land"

What ugly stuff did the kids yell? For the record, youll need video evidence to back up your claim.

I don’t know what to tell you Godboy, we are both watching the same video and we are seeing different things. The BHIs were obviously the aggressive vulgar ones. The kids were jumping around laughing and chanting, nothing wrong about that but it was provoking. When the Indians marched in most the kids danced and chanted, most probably did so in good fun, some may have appeared to be mocking Indians, who knows. The stare down was provoking I don’t care how you paint it. Go to a bar and do that to a random guy and see how it works out. We all know you’d likely end up in a fight. The kid should have backed down and the drum beater should have backed down, they both own some fault. I didn’t hear what the other kid said to the other Indian but they were obviously jarring at eachother and then the Indian went off the rails which was wrong. I don’t know why I need to spell all this out, we both saw the video, I’m done with your spin if you can’t be honest about a situation that’s your problem.

A guy comes up to them, banging a drum, singing terribly and the song itself can barely even be considered a song, why on earth WOULDNT they make fun of him? Because of his skin color? Because hes an indian he gets a free pass?

What ugly things did the kids say? You made the claim, so be specific.

"This is not your land"

Not seen that video yet.

It’s a taladega nights movie quote. It’s what I thought when I saw that one kid run down in front of the group and take his shirt off and do that sumo wrestler dance. You don’t do that shit without a little Mountain Dew in your blood :)

Anarchy anarchy I don't know, what it is but I love it!

Really?! On what site?
On Facebook. I posted a link that cnn was after Manafort jurist names and I didn't see why they needed them.

Facebook said that was not true, or didn't follow community standards, n deleted my post.

Facebook Expanding Fact-Checking Project to Combat Fake News
They got their work cut out for them. Sounds like they are trying to stop the spread of fake news stories. If they are monitoring people’s personal posts that would get crazy. I’m glad I don’t uses those sites but for the occasional biz purposes. I think they all rot the brain

Forum List

Back