🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Snowden

regent

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2012
So how come no threads on the big story, Snowden, for a brief time he was a hero, but now? Are we playing it safe, waiting to see how the politics works out?

Well, no stories because he's turned more into a coward than a hero. Heroes have some amount of courage. He should face justice, to solidify his heroic image, go down knowing he mortally wounded a helplessly corrupt government. Instead, he justifies it by running from country to country.

Well, no stories because he's turned more into a coward than a hero. Heroes have some amount of courage. He should face justice, to solidify his heroic image, go down knowing he mortally wounded a helplessly corrupt government. Instead, he justifies it by running from country to country.

Id' prefer he keeps himself alive, until we restore the Constitution so that he may return and live among us peacefully. Self-exile is enough of a sacrifice.

Id' prefer he keeps himself alive, until we restore the Constitution so that he may return and live among us peacefully. Self-exile is enough of a sacrifice.

Don't you know it's cowardly to not let the government abuse you for making them look bad?

:rolleyes:

If Putin is willing to blatantly and publicly steal a Super Bowl ring - does anyone think he hasn't copied or stolen the information in Snowden's possession?

So how come no threads on the big story, Snowden, for a brief time he was a hero, but now? Are we playing it safe, waiting to see how the politics works out?

We can assume this is rhetorical.

But, yes, once again the partisan right has jumped the gun; they now realize their ‘hero’ is nothing more than a cowardly criminal suspect on the run, seeking refuge in countries hostile to the United States.

The right’s hatred of Obama has clearly got them all screwed up – we have conservatives supporting an alleged traitor to the United States fleeing to Cuba (of all places…) to escape American justice.

Remarkable.

How long before our Government pulls a Vince Foster on Snowden?
I'm betting its going to be real soon.

I believe he honored his oath to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States" when he recieved his clearances. That is the ONLY possible justification for civil disobedience in the course of protecting classified information.

I'm withholding judgement on his character and motives for awhile. He should remain focused on the Civil Liberties portion of his revelations and NOT on the International spying aspects. THAT mistake cooled my jets about him being heroic.

HOWEVER -- I am perfectly convinced that what this guy DID leak concerning International spying wasn't much more revealing than what we can find on Google. Lots of RHETORIC and neck vein popping by those in positions that are now proven LIARS about these programs.

That's the part I love.. Love to see Dianne Feinstein pout and CongressCritter King start channeling Dick Cheney about being "with the terrorists"..

THe BULK of what the Guardian has is still unreleased. So should anything put him in custody or in the morgue, you can be sure it will be to the benefit of OUR Civil Liberties..

Perhaps if he came home and faced the music for what he did there would be some the big question used to be was a hero or a traitor I would submit he is neither just a publicity hungry coward.

If Putin is willing to blatantly and publicly steal a Super Bowl ring - does anyone think he hasn't copied or stolen the information in Snowden's possession?

Snowden may have been worrying about the CIA and walked into an even worse nightmare locked in a room in the Kremlin.

Snowden may have been worrying about the CIA and walked into an even worse nightmare locked in a room in the Kremlin.

Very possible. I find it hard to believe that Putin wouldn't take full advantage of such an opportunity. After all, he was also an officer in the KGB for sixteen years.

Don't you know it's cowardly to not let the government abuse you for making them look bad?

Hey, I'd rather be drawn and quartered yelling "FREEEEEEDOOOOMMMM!!!" (Cue Braveheart reference) than to run from my enemies like a scared animal.

I believe he honored his oath to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States" when he recieved his clearances. That is the ONLY possible justification for civil disobedience in the course of protecting classified information.

I'm withholding judgement on his character and motives for awhile. He should remain focused on the Civil Liberties portion of his revelations and NOT on the International spying aspects. THAT mistake cooled my jets about him being heroic.

HOWEVER -- I am perfectly convinced that what this guy DID leak concerning International spying wasn't much more revealing than what we can find on Google. Lots of RHETORIC and neck vein popping by those in positions that are now proven LIARS about these programs.

That's the part I love.. Love to see Dianne Feinstein pout and CongressCritter King start channeling Dick Cheney about being "with the terrorists"..

THe BULK of what the Guardian has is still unreleased. So should anything put him in custody or in the morgue, you can be sure it will be to the benefit of OUR Civil Liberties..

Um, no.

When one swears an oath to ‘protect and defend’ the Constitution, one is expected to protect and defend the entire Constitution, including this part:

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

“…and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof…” to wit: Federal law prohibiting the disclosure of classified information.

Snowden indeed violated his oath, he allegedly committed an act of treason against the United States, and potentially jeopardized this Nation’s ability to defend itself against terrorist attacks.

Moreover, it was not Snowden’s decision to make, his act was arrogant, foolish, and personally tragic.

If apprehended he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Um, no.

When one swears an oath to ‘protect and defend’ the Constitution, one is expected to protect and defend the entire Constitution, including this part:

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

“…and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof…” to wit: Federal law prohibiting the disclosure of classified information.

Snowden indeed violated his oath, he allegedly committed an act of treason against the United States, and potentially jeopardized this Nation’s ability to defend itself against terrorist attacks.

Moreover, it was not Snowden’s decision to make, his act was arrogant, foolish, and personally tragic.

If apprehended he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

So when did you become a cheerleader for the totalitarian fan club?? You love the Patriot Act and pee your pants about terrorist attacks?

You cannot protect and defend every single subordinate law when CLEAR and SECRET violations of the primary Bill of Rights is revealed to you..

It is ALWAYS your decision to claim your Constitutional rights. I don't need judicial permission to take the 5th or refuse a search.. I just have to face the consequences and PROVE the violation if called on it.

And why should the press then have immunity from prosecution for PROMULGATING these revelations?? Why mr Big Law -- it's because they are protected by a SUPERIOR CLAUSE of immunity that is INDEED in the Bill of Rights ---- aint it genius???

And its NOT because they didn't sign a security agreement. If you find a memory stick with Top Secret -- NOFOR -- Compartment Only docs and you revealed them -- you'd be prosecuted. But with a press badge ...............

Hey, I'd rather be drawn and quartered yelling "FREEEEEEDOOOOMMMM!!!" (Cue Braveheart reference) than to run from my enemies like a scared animal.

William Wallace didn't turn himself into Edward I as far as I can remember.

Forum List

Back