Snowmageddon 2019

It's deep & just getting deeper!!!

We're getting bypassed this year. At any rate, I heard about the PANIC and clicked on the dire predictions and saw 5 and 6 inches.

Oh for pity's sake. Sometimes we still have school in that weather. Lots of times we brush that off our car and carry on. But we live in an overwrought age, we sure do....

We're getting bypassed this year. At any rate, I heard about the PANIC and clicked on the dire predictions and saw 5 and 6 inches.

Oh for pity's sake. Sometimes we still have school in that weather. Lots of times we brush that off our car and carry on. But we live in an overwrought age, we sure do....

They're calling for 5 to 6 inches here. I think Pennsylvanians will somehow survive 5 to 6 inches. And it's happening on a Saturday. Poor kids don't stand a chance of getting a day off school. :lol:

They're calling for 5 to 6 inches here. I think Pennsylvanians will somehow survive 5 to 6 inches. And it's happening on a Saturday. Poor kids don't stand a chance of getting a day off school. :lol:

I guess they're calling for 8-10 inches in St Louis. Now that's more like a snowstorm, I must say!

I guess they're calling for 8-10 inches in St Louis. Now that's more like a snowstorm, I must say!
We are flooding down here in sw mizzouri

The president says you'll make adjustments as you always do. Oh, wait, that was for the people whose paychecks he's withholding to force the congress to use taxpayer money to pay for His Wall for which he promised Mexico would pay us. Sorry, I got off topic.

Are you flooding from rain directly or from rivers et al overflowing their banks due to precipitation upstream?

That's where I am. It started dumping snow about 2:00pm & we immediately headed for home. Got stuck in bad traffic, accidents & slick roads. Took 2hrs to go 5 miles. By 9:00pm there was 7" on the ground & it continues to snow.

I grew up near Kansas City. We would get snow every winter, but not a ton of it. Seven inches at one shot would be a blizzard. This is the first of those three "Stormfest" storms that recently drenched California isn't it? There were two more behind it. Have you got more headed your way?

I just measured 4 areas outside all have 10" in ground. Its melting & snowing still. Weatherman says 30 more hours of snow coming. Interstates, Trains & Planes are shutdown. People spent the night stuck in their cars on I-44.

I want that snow.
Cold in MN. No snow on ground and two snowmobiles sitting uselessly in my garage ready to roll.
Any normal winter I would be trail riding right from my house rather than posting out of boredom.

I want that snow.
Cold in MN. No snow on ground and two snowmobiles sitting uselessly in my garage ready to roll.
Any normal winter I would be trail riding right from my house rather than posting out of boredom.
Oh yeah! I used to have a Ski Doo 800, but it no longer snows enough to justify it. I run a Honda Pioneer 1000 now year round!

You should run your snowmobile on Lake Superior. I rode mine in Wisconsin on Lake Winnebago. It was a blast.

Last edited:
I want that snow.

Us too in the Great Lakes area. Everything has gone north and south of us. Weird.

I want that snow.
Oh yeah! I used to have a Ski Doo 800, but it no longer snows enough to justify it. I run a Honda Pioneer 1000 now year round!

You should run your snowmobile on Lake Superior. I rode mine in Wisconsin on Lake Winnebago. It was a blast.
Lake almost never freezes near Duluth.
My favorite big lake area is Voyageurs National Park. Kabatogama to Crane Lake is 65 miles of water. Rainy Lake to north swallows that. Snowmobiling paradise.

May have to trailer it this year.

Amtrak canceled service to KC. No way to get to the Chiefs vs Colts game today.

Last edited:
People today have never seen the earth in a cooling phase. Polar atmosphere has thinned forcing the polar jet to the equator. Massive heat loss at the poles causes multiple large polar lows around the pole and this causes heat to be drawn to the poles and massive cooling nearer the equator.

Just more predictable weather behavior in the life of planet earth..

Last edited:
A point that doesn't seem to have gotten around that much, is that the polar vortex phenomenon, that brings Arctic air into the American midwest, is caused by the Arctic warming more rapidly than air at the equator and does NOTHING to the average world wide temperature. Polar vortex is not a cooling of the planet.

Signed - one of those fucking democrats.

Forum List

Back