So, did this Gestapo tactic protect us?

There have been over 55,000 deaths in the U.S. despite the extreme isolation and lock- downs.

How many more have to die before the Trumpbot idiots recognize how devastating this virus is?
OK but what about the millions that are going to suffer and die from the results of the lockdown???

There's no doubt that we're caught between a rock and a hard place, but opening the economy too early and having to shut it down again will be far worse - both for the economy and the fatality rate - than not opening the economy until the experts say it's O.K.
no ones saying to open it all at once,,,

and starvation is a hell of a way to die,,,

Perhaps you've forgotten about the American welfare system: food stamps, unemployment, food banks. We've always had poor people. When was the last time you heard of any American actually starving to death because they had no money?

Here is the into paragraph from Wikipedia's article "Hunger in the United States of America

Hunger in the United States of America affects millions of Americans,[1] including some who are middle class,[2] or who are in households where all adults are in work.[2]

In 2019, over 12.5 million children, and 40% of US undergraduate students experienced food insecurity.[3][4]

The United States produces far more food than it needs for domestic consumption—hunger within the U.S. is caused by some Americans having insufficient money to buy food for themselves or their families. Additional causes of hunger and food insecurity include neighborhood deprivation and agricultural policy.[5][6] Hunger is addressed by a mix of public and private food aid provision. Public interventions include changes to agricultural policy, the construction of supermarkets in underserved neighborhoods, investment in transportation infrastructure, and the development of community gardens.[7][8][9][10] Private aid is provided by food pantries, soup kitchens, food banks, and food rescue organizations.[1][11][12]

In the later half of the twentieth century, other advanced economies in Europe and Asia began to overtake the U.S. in terms of reducing hunger among their own populations. In 2011, a report presented in the New York Times found that among 20 economies recognized as advanced by the International Monetary Fund and for which comparative rankings for food security were available, the U.S. was joint worst.[13] Nonetheless, in March 2013, the Global Food Security Index commissioned by DuPont, ranked the U.S. number one for food affordability and overall food security.[14]

jm
And we have a President who has supported them, just yesterday calling this a "horrible plague".

Looks like a huge conspiracy to me.
Not a conspiracy just a huge fuck you to the American people based on fear and the fact that this shit has ZERO impact on politicians. Take away their pay/job and give them a few bucks to survive off of for a couple months. We'd see a different tune then.

I read a recent article by a couple of doctors (maybe I can find it) but the basic thing was they said that the initial lockdown was absolutely the right thing to do because we did not know what we are dealing with. Now, as time goes on, and we have more cases, more data - we can and should start reopening. That makes sense to me.
THANK YOU!!

thats what we've been saying,,,but the leftist turds keep hammering us for it and saying we need to stay locked down,,

I think most of the left are actually saying kind of what I think you, Trump, and most of the governors, and others are saying - we reopen with a set of guidelines to meet, and different areas reopen at different times depending on the conditions they meet. No one size fits all.
The idea all along was to open as fully and quickly as possible. Of course. The problem is, as with everything else, it has become hyper-politicized and no one can agree on what a freaking FACT is, and no one can communicate outside of their tribe without losing their shit.

Self inflicted wound, as always.

This is particularly mind blowing for me - we used, regardless of political sides - agree on FACTS. We just disagreed on how to interpret them, or what policies revolve around them but facts were facts. We now live in the world of alternative facts and we're paying for it :(
Yep. Not sure how a republic is supposed to survive when operating in at least two different realities, but hopefully I'm wrong.

I've never encountered it before the Era of Trump - not to this degree where conspiracy theories are actively pedaled and retweeted, and policies are created to support them.
It started in an era or several before that. I still remember getting plain, boring, factual news when I was younger.

There have been over 55,000 deaths in the U.S. despite the extreme isolation and lock- downs.

How many more have to die before the Trumpbot idiots recognize how devastating this virus is?
OK but what about the millions that are going to suffer and die from the results of the lockdown???

I'm just an observer on the side, but I'm still waiting to hear some evidence that supports your claim that millions will suffer and die from the lockdown. And you need not demonstrate millions. Show us some evidence that more people will die from the lockdown than will die from the virus is the lockdown is lifted.
you obviously havent been watching the news cause millions are already suffering and YES some have already died,,,
or dont you think that having 26 million people unemployed is a bad thing???

Who should get some of the thanks for lower amounts of death & illness. Those who stay home as much as possible, those who wear masks, gloves, keep 6 feet apart protecting them self's & every one else. Anyone who cares enough about them self's & others to go the extra mile for safety.

There's no doubt that we're caught between a rock and a hard place, but opening the economy too early and having to shut it down again will be far worse - both for the economy and the fatality rate - than not opening the economy until the experts say it's O.K.
no ones saying to open it all at once,,,

and starvation is a hell of a way to die,,,

Perhaps you've forgotten about the American welfare system: food stamps, unemployment, food banks. We've always had poor people. When was the last time you heard of any American actually starving to death because they had no money?

Here is the into paragraph from Wikipedia's article "Hunger in the United States of America

Hunger in the United States of America affects millions of Americans,[1] including some who are middle class,[2] or who are in households where all adults are in work.[2]

In 2019, over 12.5 million children, and 40% of US undergraduate students experienced food insecurity.[3][4]

The United States produces far more food than it needs for domestic consumption—hunger within the U.S. is caused by some Americans having insufficient money to buy food for themselves or their families. Additional causes of hunger and food insecurity include neighborhood deprivation and agricultural policy.[5][6] Hunger is addressed by a mix of public and private food aid provision. Public interventions include changes to agricultural policy, the construction of supermarkets in underserved neighborhoods, investment in transportation infrastructure, and the development of community gardens.[7][8][9][10] Private aid is provided by food pantries, soup kitchens, food banks, and food rescue organizations.[1][11][12]

In the later half of the twentieth century, other advanced economies in Europe and Asia began to overtake the U.S. in terms of reducing hunger among their own populations. In 2011, a report presented in the New York Times found that among 20 economies recognized as advanced by the International Monetary Fund and for which comparative rankings for food security were available, the U.S. was joint worst.[13] Nonetheless, in March 2013, the Global Food Security Index commissioned by DuPont, ranked the U.S. number one for food affordability and overall food security.[14]
so an already overburdened and failed system can just welcome 26 million more people when the people that provided the money are no longer working???

you are either an ignorant moron or a liar,,,

And we have a President who has supported them, just yesterday calling this a "horrible plague".

Not a conspiracy just a huge fuck you to the American people based on fear and the fact that this shit has ZERO impact on politicians. Take away their pay/job and give them a few bucks to survive off of for a couple months. We'd see a different tune then.

I read a recent article by a couple of doctors (maybe I can find it) but the basic thing was they said that the initial lockdown was absolutely the right thing to do because we did not know what we are dealing with. Now, as time goes on, and we have more cases, more data - we can and should start reopening. That makes sense to me.
THANK YOU!!

thats what we've been saying,,,but the leftist turds keep hammering us for it and saying we need to stay locked down,,

I think most of the left are actually saying kind of what I think you, Trump, and most of the governors, and others are saying - we reopen with a set of guidelines to meet, and different areas reopen at different times depending on the conditions they meet. No one size fits all.
correct,,,but remember we are a free country and they cant force us to stay closed if we dont want to,,,which is the whole point of the thread,,,

Yes, they can. This isn't the first quarantine our country has had...

Kelowna, B.C., Des Moines Iowa, Mobile Alabama, were among the cities that ordered shut downs of business', closure of public places and events, restaurants, schools, and banning public gatherings during the 1918 Spanish Flu.
just because they got away with it doesnt make it right,,,not to mention if some decide to file a law suit and fight it,,,

It has nothing to do with "getting away" with anything. Public health can and has temporarily trumped individual rights, as it should.

THANK YOU!!

correct,,,but remember we are a free country and they cant force us to stay closed if we dont want to,,,which is the whole point of the thread,,,

Kelowna, B.C., Des Moines Iowa, Mobile Alabama, were among the cities that ordered shut downs of business', closure of public places and events, restaurants, schools, and banning public gatherings during the 1918 Spanish Flu.
just because they got away with it doesnt make it right,,,not to mention if some decide to file a law suit and fight it,,,

It has nothing to do with "getting away" with anything. Public health can and has temporarily trumped individual rights, as it should.
only in a fascist state,,,

THANK YOU!!

Wrong. The FEAR for public health has trumped our rights.
There are ample examples of states and countries that did not lock down their citizens and they are no worse off than those who did health wise. Economically they have obviously fared better.

Keep believing the MEDIA BULLSHIT

Gramps, have you noticed that all these politicians, Congressmen, Governors all have their haircut and styled, their people around them, make up all perfect for the cameras and to hell with everyone else and what they need. In fact one state doesn't want the women to get the glue on nails. I hate the do as I say and not what I do attitude. They sure the hell can't lead by example.

Gramps, have you noticed that all these politicians, Congressmen, Governors all have their haircut and styled, their people around them, make up all perfect for the cameras and to hell with everyone else and what they need. In fact one state doesn't want the women to get the glue on nails. I hate the do as I say and not what I do attitude. They sure the hell can't lead by example.
Yup

The WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER bullshit is just that, bullshit. Uncle Sam has decided who the winners and losers are for us. Liquor store owner/employees for example...winners. Gotta get that sin tax windfall ya know!

Libbies want proof that millions will die from the lockdown but won’t accept the proof that millions aren’t dying from the virus.
Fear and feelings blotting out Facts. The 4 year suspension of reality is endless.

THANK YOU!!

There are ample examples of states and countries that did not lock down their citizens and they are no worse off than those who did health wise. Economically they have obviously fared better.

FEAR is
False
Expectations
Appearing
Real

We are hiding from a mostly benign boogeyman that so far has killed 0.1% of the population.

Yup

The WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER bullshit is just that, bullshit. Uncle Sam has decided who the winners and losers are for us. Liquor store owner/employees for example...winners. Gotta get that sin tax windfall ya know!

Can get your eye wear fixed if it is broken but you sure in hell can get pot and get stoned, smoke cigarettes, and play lotto. I see a theme.

Yup

Can get your eye wear fixed if it is broken but you sure in hell can get pot and get stoned, smoke cigarettes, and play lotto. I see a theme.
Yup

All money makers for the state. Are they "really" about protecting people or just their most lucrative revenue sources....

1. Trump initially tried to ignore the pandemic
2. Then Trump realized that it is real and the 2.2m dead Americans forced his hand to shutdown and shelter in-place.
3. As the pandemic spreads, we realize its not as bad as originally feared (i.e. 4.4% mortality, more like 0.03%)
4. Democrat governors are now facing pressure to re-open their states, with mitigation measures, what happens happens
5. The economy will recover just in time for the November election, so Biden needs to beat Trump Mano-a-mano.
The arm chair quarterbacking from Trump haters has been ridiculous, even for them. And the Media never missed a beat, it's been TRUMP BAD every day for the last 3 and 1/2 years.

They can't protect people in a closed controlled situation like a nursing home, so how the hell are they going to protect people in a fluid one, answer, they cant

Nonsense. My Mother-in-law has been locked down in a nursing home since February.

No one in that home has gotten COVID-19.

But then again, she's in Lithuania where they locked down much earlier and much stricker than the U.S.

Too bad the U.S. doesn't have leadership as good as Lithuania!

They can't protect people in a closed controlled situation like a nursing home, so how the hell are they going to protect people in a fluid one, answer, they cant

Nonsense. My Mother-in-law has been locked down in a nursing home since February.

No one in that home has gotten COVID-19.

But then again, she's in Lithuania where they locked down much earlier and much stricker than the U.S.

Too bad the U.S. doesn't have leadership as good as Lithuania!
riiighhhtttttt..…......or leaders like Cumo who sends it express delivery

what did congress do? It wasn't congress that did this.... though your idea of cutting their salaries during this tempting!!!

it was the Federal CDC Health guidelines for our Nation, of no more than 10 people together and then 6 feet of separation that forced businesses to close and State govt's to shutter.... they'd be libel for deaths, if the businesses hadn't shuttered...and followed the health guidelines...

if the guidelines from the CDC were different, it would not have happened near all at once by the states

Libel for what? Is govt/business libel for the flu? This is absolute absurdity and retardation.

THANK YOU!!

only in a fascist state,,,

Well then, we are all "fascist states" I suppose. I think you will find few places that will guarantee your right to infect other people.

THANK YOU!!

Wrong.

[/quoten]

Like who?

Quit blaming the media. They aren't the ones involved in this. They're just a convenient scapegoat. I doubt doctors and other pay attention to what they report in determining best policies.

Forum List

Back