So far Trump is losing the trade war

Trump was a fool to declare a trade war against the world

If he wanted a trade war with China, he should have partnered with the EU and forced a favorable competition environment

Instead, it is us against the world

The trade deficit with China reached a new high despite the tariffs. It seems like the only ones hurt by the tariffs are Americans.
Ford and GM have moved their electric car manufacturing to China and Harley Davidson is building it`s motorcycles in England and France. Our soybean farmers are collecting welfare.
U.S. imports hit all-time high, trade deficit with China sets new record despite tariffs

Great news

I know soy bean & corn farmers that voted for Trump in 2016 that are (now) wondering WTF did we do? :9:

The trade deficit with China reached a new high despite the tariffs. It seems like the only ones hurt by the tariffs are Americans.
Ford and GM have moved their electric car manufacturing to China and Harley Davidson is building it`s motorcycles in England and France. Our soybean farmers are collecting welfare.
U.S. imports hit all-time high, trade deficit with China sets new record despite tariffs

Great news

I know soy bean & corn farmers that voted for Trump in 2016 that are (now) wondering WTF did we do? :9:
great news?....

Great news

great news?....

Yep; great news. Can't you read?

Great news

great news?....

so the posters here are right about you....you are anti American....at least you proved it to me....

Great news

great news?....

so the posters here are right about you....you are anti American....at least you proved it to me....

Believe what you like; I don't give a flying fvck what you, or anyone else believe.

Trump got what he wanted with his 'trade wars of CHOICE.'

You people LOVE Trump but you HATE America.

I LOVE America but Trump can go fvck a skunk.

Great news

great news?....

Believe what you like; I don't give a flying fvck what you, or anyone else believe.

if you love America why would you think that was great news?....and if you knew anything about me you would never say i love trump,and i hate America?...prove it asswipe.......unlike you i dont let the hatred for one person make me giggle if America suffers....but then thats what you party people do....

Great news

great news?....

if you love America why would you think that was great news?....and if you knew anything about me you would never say i love trump,and i hate America?...prove it asswipe.......unlike you i dont let the hatred for one person make me giggle if America suffers....but then thats what you party people do....

When people make shitty choices there will be consequences.
Trump was a shitty choice.
Many that chose Trump are NOW feeling the PAIN of their shitty choice.
That is GREAT NEWS.
One has to learn a lesson to first take corrective action.
Voters are not perfect & many are nothing but robotic.
Voters learning they fvcked up is GREAT NEWS.
Now, go run off and hide.

Great news

great news?....
Great news in the long run if it wakes some people up. Big Picture.

So, a trade deficit is supposed to be wiped out in less than two years? Really?

The trade imbalance is actually NOT decreasing; it IS increasing.

Someone, please pay some attention if you're not to broke to pay attention.

great news?....

That is GREAT NEWS.
did you have help moving the goal posts?...and if you cant handle comments to your anti American posts....maybe you should go run and hide....

So, a trade deficit is supposed to be wiped out in less than two years? Really?

The trade imbalance is actually NOT decreasing; it IS increasing.

Someone, please pay some attention if you're not to broke to pay attention.

So what, if it is increasing in the short term?

We’ll see what happens over time.

The Chinese and there American cohorts have spent years finding ways to increase the deficit.

It might take a little while to get it going in the right direction.

The trade war between us and China basically boils down to the theft of Intellectual Property. China is dragging it's feet, waiting to see how our elections go and how Trump's standing has either strengthened or declined before they make a move one way or another. Clearly, they ain't going to give up anything without a fight, and even then I think there's some doubt they'll live up to whatever is agreed upon if we don't hold their feet to the fire. And make no mistake, it's a big deal. See what CNN has to say about it:

The United States has long said that intellectual property theft has cost the US economy billions of dollars in revenue and thousands of jobs.

So just how much damage has it done?

The United States Trade Representative, which led the seven-month investigation into China's intellectual property theft and made recommendations to the Trump administration, found that "Chinese theft of American IP currently costs between $225 billion and $600 billion annually."

Those numbers are in line with a 2017 report from the Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property.

Chinese officials have said that protecting foreign companies' intellectual property rights is important to China.

But many of its companies appear to have missed that memo.

Related: Asian stocks plummet on latest trade war fears

"China has sought to acquire US technology by any means, licit or illicit," James Andrew Lewis, senior vice president at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, wrote in a blog post Thursday.

"Espionage and theft were part of this, but so were forced technology transfers or mandatory joint ventures as a condition for doing business in China," he wrote.

One of the most recent high profile examples of theft of US intellectual property happened earlier this year. In January, a Beijing-based wind turbine company was found guilty in the US of stealing trade secrets, using secretly downloaded source code stolen from a Massachusetts company.

Forced technology transfer is also a growing concern for US companies, especially tech firms.

To get an idea of how much forced technology transfer costs the US, some experts say to look at the costs associated with the theft of trade secrets. Total theft of US trade secrets accounts for anywhere from $180 billion to $540 billion per year, according to the Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property -- as "the world's principal IP infringer," China accounts for the most of that theft.

How much has the US lost from China's intellectual property theft?

We can't just ask nicely and hope they'll see things our way. I haven't heard of any other ideas to get them to quite stealing and cheating us.

That is GREAT NEWS.
did you have help moving the goal posts?...and if you cant handle comments to your anti American posts....maybe you should go run and hide....

GFYS

That is GREAT NEWS.

GFYS
aww is caddo the kid upset?.....maybe wait until you are an adult to try an adult forum....but then you said when people make shitty choices there will be consequences....kinda like when you put a shitty post up...the consequence is someone might say something you dont like in response to that shitty post...deal with it ....

Trump was a fool to declare a trade war against the world

If he wanted a trade war with China, he should have partnered with the EU and forced a favorable competition environment

Instead, it is us against the world

We’ve been in trade war with China and the rest of world for decades, and we’ve been losing. President Trump is the first to fight back.

The EU trade chief already capitulated to President Trump and declared the EU was willing to drop their tariffs against the US.

China is shitting their pants because they need the US even more. Without us, their economy collapses.

Great news

great news?....
He's being faggish again.

Forum List

Back