So how do ya feel

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
Stupid ?

shshhxhxhdhdjjxjxjdd.jpeg

Globo homo Inc can't kill some of yas fast enough for me

Right now I feel like I've been shot at and missed but shit at and hit. It's miserably cold here in Cowtown. Sure hope my cows don't freeze.
I know what you mean, Hossfly. I had 2 dead chickens a couple of weeks back the first night it froze here this year. I went down to the local ACE hardware and got 4 lamps, 4 infrared bulbs, a superstrong 50-ft commercial best extension cord and a 15-ft. cord to fit the two nesting areas at night. It hasn't frozen since then until last night. When I looked them over this morning, all was well. The lights are going full time, because I can't stand to see animals suffer, and I was caught completely offguard, because I thought the ones I bought 2 years ago were okay. My ex boyfriend's druggie friends "borrowed" quite a bit of my equipment and tools away, and those lights did a disappearing act.

If you have a large building the cows congregate in, putting infrared heating lights in the 4 corners would definitely help them out when the nights are so cold, and you won't lose your investment of a lot of time and a lot of hay, protein feed, veterinarian attention, etc. Haying equipment is so expensive, most people in the public do not know that if one reinvests, there are not any profits for 2 or 3 years due to plunking out one's nest egg and/or doing without for that long or longer. What used to cost a couple of thousand dollars is now going for over a hundred thousand for cutting edge equipment. I haven't even looked at prices of equipment lately, since my little 14 acres would not host more than 6 or 7 cows, and I had a bad run of health after my husband passed nearly 6 years ago. The masks we wore for covid stopped my pollen, mold and mildew allergies, and I haven't had any sign of bronchial -itis nor pneumonia since I wear the masks when I go to town most of the time. It's so nice to be well in cold weather, I'm going to keep on wearing the masks. They keep out allergens. :woohoo:

Oh, yeah, and the lighting stuff was about $300, but I like equipment that's going to last.

Forum List

Back