So I guess unemployment isn't at 40 percent anymore?

And I keep saying that Trump's number INCLUDES retirees but it is not ALL retirees. Seriously, how do you not grasp that?
BTW, you brought up retirees, I said early retirees would count but not other retirees. I never denied that
Yes I brought up retirees, not "EARLY retirees, YOU brought up early retirees and attributed it to me.
Tramp's number includes ALL retirees who stopped working, no matter what their age!
Trump's number also includes the nonworking disabled!

What I said is a lie is that you said I claimed the 96 million are "early retirees." I never said any such thing, you were full of shit

the ones we're interested in today are the 95 million not counted in that 4.8% right now. That is the objective.
And that number will increase each and every year of the Tramp dictatorship, and when it does you will suddenly lose interest in it.
DON'T DOUBT ME!!!
then he will have failed. And will be held accountable, because that what conservatives do when the ones we elected fail.
BULLSHIT!
CON$ will say the not in labor force number increased because of Boomers retiring.
DON'T DOUBT ME!!!!!

The people that are no longer in the workforce consist of retirees and those that have simply gave up due to the terrible Obama economy with increased poverty, lower family income and dismal economic growth of less than 3% in Obama's eight years.

Obama is the one in charge of counting the people that are unemployed because the BLS reports to him. He chose to cook the books and not count those millions that have given up. He did it so that you stupid Moon Bats could run interference for the shitty job that he did. That pretty well makes you his useful idiots, doesn't it?

There was no honesty in the Obama administration. That asshole lied almost every time he opened his mouth. The bogus unemployment figures are just one of the many lies he told the American people. You Moon Bats were idiots electing him.

The point is Trump is using very same report, with very same numbers he said were fiction during the campaign.

So now you know who is actually full of BS.

A distinction without a difference. He said it's BS because it's undercounting, he didn't say it's fabricating numbers. He said the interpretation of them is BS. It is. Imagine a bunch of people find jobs and the unemployment rate supposedly goes up. It's stupid.

That number even went up because more people started looking for jobs so he wasn't even basing his argument on that number.

Butt hurt just flames you people to meet every comment from Trump with stupid

Bullshit.

“The unemployment number, as you know, is totally fiction."
— Donald Trump, remarks at an rally in Des Moines, Dec. 8, 2016

"Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent,"

What's poor know nothing like Flash to think when his dear leader says something like that?

You say "bullshit" then don't contradict me, or Trump.

Do you seriously not grasp that the unemployment rate went UP? Trump did not use that to support his claim real unemployment went down. He used hiring to show that. Explaining the obvious to you is a full time job

"REAL UNEMPLOYMENT" did not go down, it went up, because more people entered workforce and that REALLY DOES inversely effects unemployment as there was more new people looking for jobs than new jobs created in January.

After accounting for the annual adjustments to the population controls, the civilian labor force increased by 584,000 in January, and the labor force participation rate rose by 0.2 percentage point to 62.9 percent.

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 227,000 in January

Among the marginally attached, there were 532,000 discouraged workers in January, little changed from a year earlier.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

It's like talking to a wall.
What else did the government tell you to parrot?

There is a reason 1 out of 3 Americans requires aid to put food on the table.

What do you think it is?

Do you consider SS payments as "aid to put food on the table"? Because if you don't, you can proceed straight to concluding your statistic as bullshit.

43 million people receive food stamps, which is about 12% or 1 out of 8.

And that number will increase each and every year of the Tramp dictatorship, and when it does you will suddenly lose interest in it.
DON'T DOUBT ME!!!
then he will have failed. And will be held accountable, because that what conservatives do when the ones we elected fail.
BULLSHIT!
CON$ will say the not in labor force number increased because of Boomers retiring.
DON'T DOUBT ME!!!!!
Well first off, you don't think some of that will be true? I'm sure some of those were in obummer's numbers as well you?
But Tramp and the Right have been claiming they ALL are people who dropped out of the work force because they gave up looking, not because Boomers retired.
well that's true right?
wrong!

Again, prove Trump said the 95 million are people "really wanting a job"
JAN. 11, 2017 press conference
TRUMP: There will be a major border tax on these companies that are leaving and getting away with murder. And if our politicians had what it takes, they would have done this years ago. And you’d have millions more workers right now in the United States that are — 96 million really wanting a job and they can’t get. You know that story. The real number — that’s the real number.

OK, fair enough, and I Googled and confirmed your quote. There are tens of millions, but the 96 million is flat out wrong
No, it's never been tens of millions:
fredgraph.png

And I keep saying that Trump's number INCLUDES retirees but it is not ALL retirees. Seriously, how do you not grasp that?
BTW, you brought up retirees, I said early retirees would count but not other retirees. I never denied that
Yes I brought up retirees, not "EARLY retirees, YOU brought up early retirees and attributed it to me.
Tramp's number includes ALL retirees who stopped working, no matter what their age!
hey dude, the man's name is Trump.

BULLSHIT!
DON'T DOUBT ME!!!!!
Well first off, you don't think some of that will be true? I'm sure some of those were in obummer's numbers as well you?
But Tramp and the Right have been claiming they ALL are people who dropped out of the work force because they gave up looking, not because Boomers retired.
well that's true right?
wrong!
so the numbers don't represent retirees? I'm sorry, you just confused the thread with that one.

A distinction without a difference. He said it's BS because it's undercounting, he didn't say it's fabricating numbers. He said the interpretation of them is BS. It is. Imagine a bunch of people find jobs and the unemployment rate supposedly goes up. It's stupid.

That number even went up because more people started looking for jobs so he wasn't even basing his argument on that number.

Bullshit.

What's poor know nothing like Flash to think when his dear leader says something like that?

Do you seriously not grasp that the unemployment rate went UP? Trump did not use that to support his claim real unemployment went down. He used hiring to show that. Explaining the obvious to you is a full time job

"REAL UNEMPLOYMENT" did not go down, it went up, because more people entered workforce and that REALLY DOES inversely effects unemployment as there was more new people looking for jobs than new jobs created in January.

After accounting for the annual adjustments to the population controls, the civilian labor force increased by 584,000 in January, and the labor force participation rate rose by 0.2 percentage point to 62.9 percent.

Among the marginally attached, there were 532,000 discouraged workers in January, little changed from a year earlier.

What point do you think you just made? You supported that jobs were created and the labor force participation rate went up. How does that contradict Trump? You seem to have supported him

Obama posted 200,000 jobs on average for the last 75 moths did you see Trump using that very same statistic he is using now as evidence? Of course not, because he is full of shit.

I know Trump disputed the unemployment rate as not being reflective of reality, he's right, it's not. But where did he dispute the jobs created number? Can you show the quote for that or not? Your last quote didn't show that

What the fuck? That doesn't say the 95 million are "retired." It says they are "without jobs." What is wrong with you?
I know, the pathological liar is INCLUDING the retired, who are part of his 96 million, as "really wanting a job."
Get it???
then why is it called the participation numbers if they are retired?
One more time:
The Adult Civilian Noninstitutional Population (aka: the population) is everyone in the U.S. age 16 and older who is not in the military, in prison, or in an institution (nursing home, mental hospital etc).

The Labor Force is everyone in the population who is either working (Employed) or currently looking for work and available for work (Unemployed).

The Labor Force Participation rate is the percent of the Population that is in the Labor Force.

Someone who has retired and is not looking for a new job is in the Population, but not the labor force.

So if we have a population of 145 people, 90 working, 10 looking for work, (labor force of 100) and 45 not working or trying, then the participation rate is 100/145 = 69% and the unemployment rate is 10/100 = 10%

IF 10 people retire and nothing else changes, then the population is still 145, there are still 10 unemployed, but only 80 working. Labor force is now 90, and the participation rate has dropped to 62% and the UE rate has gone up to 11.1%
and what? I said that the 95 million in the participation rate figures.
And the 95 million are in the denominator of the participation rate.
hose are the numbers from those who gave up looking for work that came off the unemployment rate.
Untrue. The 95 million are simply everyone age 16 and older not in prison or other institution who are neither working nor trying to work. Doesn't matter if they ever had a job or ever looked for a job.
post #108

Bullshit.

What point do you think you just made? You supported that jobs were created and the labor force participation rate went up. How does that contradict Trump? You seem to have supported him

Obama posted 200,000 jobs on average for the last 75 moths did you see Trump using that very same statistic he is using now as evidence? Of course not, because he is full of shit.
but they weren't all full time positions right?

DON'T DOUBT ME!!!
BULLSHIT!
DON'T DOUBT ME!!!!!

When did they say that? Show the quote
"We have 93 million people out of work. They look for jobs, they give up, and all of a sudden, statistically, they're considered employed."
- Donald J Trump Aug. 28, 2015, On Point With Sarah Palin

the ones we're interested in today are the 95 million not counted in that 4.8% right now. That is the objective.
DON'T DOUBT ME!!!
BULLSHIT!
DON'T DOUBT ME!!!!!

The people that are no longer in the workforce consist of retirees and those that have simply gave up due to the terrible Obama economy with increased poverty, lower family income and dismal economic growth of less than 3% in Obama's eight years.

Obama is the one in charge of counting the people that are unemployed because the BLS reports to him. He chose to cook the books and not count those millions that have given up. He did it so that you stupid Moon Bats could run interference for the shitty job that he did. That pretty well makes you his useful idiots, doesn't it?

There was no honesty in the Obama administration. That asshole lied almost every time he opened his mouth. The bogus unemployment figures are just one of the many lies he told the American people. You Moon Bats were idiots electing him.
LIAR!

I know, the pathological liar is INCLUDING the retired, who are part of his 96 million, as "really wanting a job."
Get it???

I was explaining the number to you, moron. I said 95 million working age people don't have jobs. That is what Trump is referring to.

I did not draw any conclusions on that number. I said some want jobs and some don't. Stop being such a stupid fuck or I'm dropping out of this discussion with you. You're being a serious idiot right now, you're just making shit up
Actually, that's not true. The 95 million are only those age 16 plus not working and not trying to work EXLUDING people in prison or institutions (nursing homes, mental health facilities etc.)

So the 95 million doesn't even include the actual unemployed: 8,149,000
that the number doesn't include the unemployed count you're correct. the fact is the numbers are from those who were on unemployment and gave up looking for work because of lack of jobs.
that is NOT a fact. First, classification as unemployed has nothing to do with unemployment insurance benefits. If you are not working, are looking for a job, and could start a job if offered, then you are unemployed, regardless of whether you ever had a job.

So the 95 million does include 16 year old students, disabled, retirees, anyone not trying to work for any reason.
dude, it goes to who has signed up for money from unemployment.

No, it doesn't. The Current Population Survey, which is where the numbers come from, doesn't even ask about unemployment benefits.

Dude, the number as it is presented is from the labor force numbers and it is from those who gave up looking for work out of the unemployment numbers.
No, it's not. From Glossary : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
"
Not in the labor force (Current Population Survey)
Includes persons aged 16 years and older in the civilian noninstitutional population who are neither employed nor unemployed in accordance with the definitions contained in this glossary. Information is collected on their desire for and availability for work, job search activity in the prior year, and reasons for not currently searching.
"
And Unemployed we see in the Technical Note "
People are classified as unemployed if they meet all of the following criteria:
they had no employment during the reference week; they were available for work at that time; and they made specific efforts to find employment sometime during the 4-week period ending with the reference week. Persons laid off from a job and expecting recall need not be looking for work to be counted as unemployed. The unemployment data derived from the household survey in no way depend upon the eligibility for or receipt of unemployment insurance benefits.

BULLSHIT!
DON'T DOUBT ME!!!!!

When did they say that? Show the quote
"We have 93 million people out of work. They look for jobs, they give up, and all of a sudden, statistically, they're considered employed."
- Donald J Trump Aug. 28, 2015, On Point With Sarah Palin
accurate.

DON'T DOUBT ME!!!
BULLSHIT!
DON'T DOUBT ME!!!!!

LIAR!
obummer was a big one.

Again, prove Trump said the 95 million are people "really wanting a job"
JAN. 11, 2017 press conference
TRUMP: There will be a major border tax on these companies that are leaving and getting away with murder. And if our politicians had what it takes, they would have done this years ago. And you’d have millions more workers right now in the United States that are — 96 million really wanting a job and they can’t get. You know that story. The real number — that’s the real number.

OK, fair enough, and I Googled and confirmed your quote. There are tens of millions, but the 96 million is flat out wrong
No, it's never been tens of millions:
fredgraph.png

That number isn't inclusive. It says "want a job now." It does not count people who would work if better jobs were available to them. They don't qualify as "want a job now."

We're getting way deeper into the nuances of this than is relevant to the basic point that unemployment is way under counted and that is reflected in the historically low labor participation rate

hey dude, the man's name is Trump.

Remember to say "President Trump" to Eddie ...

what I say is what I said. the 95 million are those folks out of the work force after being on unemployment and never finding a job.
Why would a retiree go on unemployment?
Pure Bullshit!!!
Unemployment compensation has nothing to do with it!

Get it???
then why is it called the participation numbers if they are retired?
One more time:
The Adult Civilian Noninstitutional Population (aka: the population) is everyone in the U.S. age 16 and older who is not in the military, in prison, or in an institution (nursing home, mental hospital etc).

The Labor Force is everyone in the population who is either working (Employed) or currently looking for work and available for work (Unemployed).

The Labor Force Participation rate is the percent of the Population that is in the Labor Force.

Someone who has retired and is not looking for a new job is in the Population, but not the labor force.

So if we have a population of 145 people, 90 working, 10 looking for work, (labor force of 100) and 45 not working or trying, then the participation rate is 100/145 = 69% and the unemployment rate is 10/100 = 10%

IF 10 people retire and nothing else changes, then the population is still 145, there are still 10 unemployed, but only 80 working. Labor force is now 90, and the participation rate has dropped to 62% and the UE rate has gone up to 11.1%
and what? I said that the 95 million in the participation rate figures.
And the 95 million are in the denominator of the participation rate.
hose are the numbers from those who gave up looking for work that came off the unemployment rate.
Untrue. The 95 million are simply everyone age 16 and older not in prison or other institution who are neither working nor trying to work. Doesn't matter if they ever had a job or ever looked for a job.
post #108
Nothing in that article says anything about receiving unemployment benefits, nor does it state that those not in the labor force are only people who gave up looking. It DOES say that the denominator of the participation rate is "adult Americans, excluding those incarcerated or otherwise institutionalized"

Forum List

Back