So If The Economy Is So Strong, Then Why Did The Stock Market Plunge Over 300 Points? Oops.

Profits. I made 9% in 13 days.

The big investment move is Uber like companies. Almost no overhead and the workers take all of liability and net very little. The perfect storm for the end of the middle class.

America remains stronger than most, however, the world's economic environment is intertwined, in short the world is flat, such that when Asia, India, and European markets evaporate the market for US goods collapses and world wide manufacturing retracts. The current stock market is driven by the Googles, Facebook's, and Apple's of the Dow, without their impact the US stock market would be flat lining at best, when profit taking occurs expect the jewels of the Dow to take a hit and market to enter a correction mode. Most if not all believe the market is oversold due to low yielding alternatives. One needs to only look at commodity prices to truly comprehend this recovery is anything but a solid recovery, but then again one needs to be well insulated in political rhetoric to think otherwise.

:eusa_think::oops-28: Now wait! didn't Obama tell us last night that the state of the union is strong? The Economy is roaring, etc.? Then maybe Obama needs to explain why the DOW took another big hit today as Crude went under $30.00 a barrel. Maybe he just assumes that over 60 per-cent of us are just as dumb as turkeys and guinea pigs?
:stupid:
Economics is not your strong suite is it? China, the other giant economic engine in world, is seeing a slowdown in it's economy. This may put a damper on the rest of the worlds economies.

Please explain how the stock market drop is the fault of Obama.

It's not, just like when it was at record highs it wasn't due to Obama. Understand? But many on here from the left screamed it was so you have to expect blow back

It's not, just like when it was at record highs it wasn't due to Obama. Understand? But many on here from the left screamed it was so you have to expect blow back
I can guarantee you they weren't being serious, I mean, after dealing with years of right wing loons claiming Obama was going to destroy the country, can you blame them for playing games?

I can guarantee you they weren't being serious, I mean, after dealing with years of right wing loons claiming Obama was going to destroy the country, can you blame them for playing games?

You're not worth my time if you're going to say that shit. Have a good one

I heard someone say Market (yes on TV LOL!) is pricing in coming recession. Negative GDP coming. Not good timing for another 50% dive in IRA, or home value crash. I hope not.

You can't be serious. You need to reevaluate your answer in a couple of years of being here.

Seems an army has been sent out. Wonder how much they are being paid?

You can't be serious. You need to reevaluate your answer in a couple of years of being here.

All I've seen from this forum so far is a large amount of racists and genuine far right nutjobs. The left wing posters seem to be silent.

Why of course you see what you want to imagine. Have fun.

All I've seen from this forum so far is a large amount of racists and genuine far right nutjobs. The left wing posters seem to be silent.

The far right want America to fail.

Slim, thank you for your comment.

The FAR RIGHT?...What a JakeAss.....

• Sell everything! 2016 will be a 'cataclysmic year,' warns RBS

CNN Money ^ | 01/13/2016 | Jim Boulden
    That harrowing advice is from The Royal Bank of Scotland, which has warned of a "cataclysmic year" ahead for markets and advised clients to head for the exit. Do not wait. Do not pass go. "Sell everything except high quality bonds," warned Andrew Roberts in a note this week. He said the bank's red flags for 2016 -- falling oil, volatility in China, shrinking world trade, rising debt, weak corporate loans and deflation -- had all been seen in just the first week of trading. "We think investors should be afraid," he said.

What part of that applies to the US, other than the side effects?

:eusa_think::oops-28: Now wait! didn't Obama tell us last night that the state of the union is strong? The Economy is roaring, etc.? Then maybe Obama needs to explain why the DOW took another big hit today as Crude went under $30.00 a barrel. Maybe he just assumes that over 60 per-cent of us are just as dumb as turkeys and guinea pigs?
:stupid:
China, dipshit.

Next question.

Sorry but there is practically ZERO correlation between US stock prices and China's.

MW-ED027_shang__20160111094503_NS.png

These charts show you can’t blame China for U.S. stock-market selloff

Try again?
S&P 500 and SHCOMP have fallen in concert since Dec 30.....

That they aren't correlated over 5 year periods doesn't mean they can't be in any particular instance....

Not really.

SHA closed at 3588 on DEC 30, it is now at 2949- that is a decline of 17.8%

SPX closed at 2063.36 on DEC 30, it is now at 1890.28 - a decline of only 8.38%

That is less than half the decline. the average correlation since 1995 is roughly 0.32

The reason for the decline is much simpler. US Stocks are overvalued and we are entering a period of uncertainty.

Correlation, as your post makes clear, need not be 1......it can be 0.32, or .5........

By what measure do you believe US equities to be over valued?

Due for some correction? Overdue, I'd say......

Uncertainty? In the US, not so much...note the comment of the guy on whose statements you are hanging your hat...China is in for some rough times....

You're not worth my time if you're going to say that shit. Have a good one
Don't get butthurt, Right Wing Loon.....

Your wrong. The stock market is like a dick, it only gets hard when the owner gets excited. In this case, the excitement is taking profits. Next week, it will be making profits.

i dont know anyone who is looking forward to tomorrow,,,actually everyone I know is in panic mode.

and to think that Obama said that 2.00 gas was a sign that the economy is booming? huh?:stupid:

Forum List

Back