🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So it looks like the armchair warriors are back.

It's been weird, watching the same people who made excuses for the wars Bush got us into, turn into anti-neocon doves when Trump came down the escalator.
How could these people have turned on a dime like that?
But now, Trump blows up a bad guy and they're back at full force. Welcome back, we missed ya! But could you at least make up your mind, one way or the other?
Bush was right, you liberals were wrong.

I supported Desert Storm, the Afghan and Iraq wars, but no more from me. We won't do what's necessary to win, so you won't see me celebrating any of this.

Well, that's pretty close: It's a fully closed-circuit informational universe. They only know what they're instructed to know. Everything outside of that is fake news.

I just call my local fence sitter when I seek enlightenment...he’s always the smartest guy in the room...he gets his programming from....well....from himself because he’s so fucking smart.

Anyone outside of your bubble is a start.

Yep, my “bubble” contains nothing but those pesky positive contributing, good, real Americans...it totally sucks, none within my “bubble” hate our right sovereignty, none support the wetback invasion, none believe men should pound the asses of men, none believe gender is chosen, none think chicks with dicks are cool....Yeah, it’s terrible in my “bubble”.

^Weird. A genuinely weird (though not surprising) response.

Hey, if you like chicks with dicks that's totally up to you.

Why are you still talking about 'chicks with dicks'? You are the only one discussing this subject in a thread that in now way, shape or form is related to this obsession of yours.

It's been weird, watching the same people who made excuses for the wars Bush got us into, turn into anti-neocon doves when Trump came down the escalator.

But now, Trump blows up a bad guy and they're back at full force. Welcome back, we missed ya! But could you at least make up your mind, one way or the other?
Trying to keep track of Trump's positions on Iraq would cause whiplash. LOL

Obama supporters did the same thing...maybe not to the same extent, but they did it. They were okay with Obama's drone strikes, but hate them from anyone else. It's a case of trusting "your guy", tribalism.

I doubt, however, that you'd see this from Hannity...

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow hits Obama's 'Orwellian' drone program

What are you confused about?

Mac1958 is scared shitless, he rolls up in the fetal position anytime the potential for confrontation arises...he’s hardcore, he can often be found at ‘war’ protests waving a rainbow peace flag, wearing his pink Britney Spears half shirt, skinny jeans and pussy hat .
since you seem to know were mac is protesting....do you hold his sign while he does a cheer?...just asking...
He spends virtually all of his time in deep paranoia about brown people from one country or another, then accuses others of being scared shitless.

He's not a serious person. At least, I hope he's not serious.

Oh, he's serious...he's just NOT to be taken seriously.

Obama supporters did the same thing...maybe not to the same extent, but they did it. They were okay with Obama's drone strikes, but hate them from anyone else. It's a case of trusting "your guy", tribalism.

I, for one, think President Obama's drone war was one of the lowest point of his presidency - along with failing to prosecute the war criminals and torturers of the previous administration.

However, Seawytch, it does matter whether a president has shown himself to be mostly truthful and trustworthy, including on his assessment of national security initiatives, or whether he lies about everything like it is sports. So, your equivalence doesn't walk on crutches, it is perfectly bedridden, and I doubt it's even alive.

I, for one, think President Obama's drone war was one of the lowest point of his presidency - along with failing to prosecute the war criminals and torturers of the previous administration.

However, Seawytch, it does matter whether a president has shown himself to be mostly truthful and trustworthy, including on his assessment of national security initiatives, or whether he lies about everything like it is sports. So, your equivalence doesn't walk on crutches, it is perfectly bedridden, and I doubt it's even alive.

You cannot, however, deny the element of tribalism that is evident in support for these actions. I know that Obama's continuation of any of Bush's policies made me think differently about Bush's decisions because I trusted Obama where I did not trust Bush. Obama's actions made me trust Bush's more.

Trump is in a different category.

You cannot, however, deny the element of tribalism that is evident in support for these actions. I know that Obama's continuation of any of Bush's policies made me think differently about Bush's decisions because I trusted Obama where I did not trust Bush. Obama's actions made me trust Bush's more.

Trump is in a different category.

I trust none of them. The Three Unwise Men.

So are many others

but that's not really the point

why 'take the shot' would be closer....

~S~

Then I am not getting the point. We are supposed to let the Iranians wage war against our people and not fight back?

more the better part of valor applies

especially with a 75 yr old issue

~S~

So, that is your position? We just let them kill our men?

we killed 25 of theirs.

WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE THAT HE WAS AN IMMINENT THREAT?
Did it really have to be an imminent threat, based on what he has been doing for a career, Playtime?

he was in a sovereign country that knew he was there & we offed him without any consultation, let alone permission from iraq nor did we consult with NATO - nor did we even tell the very ones in congress that should have known. it was an impulsive act & the reason' of imminent threat has been backed off on now. considering the hornet's nest, donny has stirred - was it a good idea to have done the bastard in without being one?

Then I am not getting the point. We are supposed to let the Iranians wage war against our people and not fight back?

~S~

we killed 25 of theirs.

Did it really have to be an imminent threat, based on what he has been doing for a career, Playtime?

he was in a sovereign country that knew he was there & we offed him without any consultation, let alone permission from iraq nor did we consult with NATO - nor did we even tell the very ones in congress that should have known. it was an impulsive act & the reason' of imminent threat has been backed off on now. considering the hornet's nest, donny has stirred - was it a good idea to have done the bastard in without being one?

If there were things in the works, they would not have ended with him.

~S~

we killed 25 of theirs.

I don't care whether he was planning on killing Americans and Iraqis tomorrow, or next week, or next month.

He was planning on killing us. Indeed, if he was a director of operations, then he WAS killing us, the entire time he was there, and planning on continuing to do so.

Your point, such as it is, is utterly irrelevant.

& when you can't afford gassing up yer car, you'll care. not that our men & woman coming home in body bags though. how do you KNOW he was planning on killing us? what intel are you privvy to that the rest of us thinking bipeds don't know?

will you swallow everything you are told because donny said it without evidense? lol - but of course you will. that's what they count on.
Our two prior Presidents also considered taking the guy out, so there's an excellent chance that Suleimani was up to exactly what we're told he was up to.

the reason why he wasn't taken out is precisely what is happening now. & i am not quite sure what you mean what we were told he was up to. we haven't been told anything AND we were told about saddam hussein - no doubt an animal - but the lies outweighed any truth. i will question much & accept nothing without proof. real proof. they haven't coughed any up.

I flew my flag on the car last night and drove around town honking. I might go get those american flag socks today at dollar tree................

lol... ^^^ american flags made in china. yep - that sounds about right.

It's so easy to strike a nerve with these guys that it's almost not fair.

I think they all live in the same airtight closet.
Well, that's pretty close: It's a fully closed-circuit informational universe. They only know what they're instructed to know. Everything outside of that is fake news.

I just call my local fence sitter when I seek enlightenment...he’s always the smartest guy in the room...he gets his programming from....well....from himself because he’s so fucking smart.

Anyone outside of your bubble is a start.

Yep, my “bubble” contains nothing but those pesky positive contributing, good, real Americans...it totally sucks, none within my “bubble” hate our right sovereignty, none support the wetback invasion, none believe men should pound the asses of men, none believe gender is chosen, none think chicks with dicks are cool....Yeah, it’s terrible in my “bubble”.

<pfffft> yer bubble is filled with methane.

Trump just told the world to pursue a new nuke deal w/ Iran

~S~

Well this time we have American power and will to back it up. Not a bad idea. After all, Iran could have avoided losing their #1 terrorist-general if they chose to come to the negotiating table instead of kill Americans.

Forum List

Back