So much for democracy

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
The elitism of the left is sometimes hard to spot but it seems to show up in almost everything they do. Take a student/government initiative I saw that basically invited students to work with Washington DC politicians to shape policy. It sounds wonderful because we would have so many smart people making policies for our nation but I couldn't understand why the average person wasn't invited to work with politicians to shape policies in this country. I'm talking about the blue collar worker who doesn't have time to go to school and isn't considered smart enough to participate in such an event. This is a democracy which means that all the people like the rich and the poor get to decide what this nation's policies should be. Not one politician wants to invite one of them in any meaningful way to make policies in this country. It is like the only people who get to make any decisions in this country are the elites who run the government.

Some words of wisdom from a renowned philosophical apologist for the modern liberalized state.

quote-in-the-strict-sense-of-the-term-a-true-democracy-has-never-existed-and-never-will-exist-jean-jacques-rousseau-84-29-74.jpg

Not one politician wants to invite one of them in any meaningful way to make policies in this country. It is like the only people who get to make any decisions in this country are the elites who run the government.

Where have you been for the past 5000 years.

This is history in repetition.

• Banned
So words of wisdom from the renowned philosophical apologist for the modern liberalized state.

quote-in-the-strict-sense-of-the-term-a-true-democracy-has-never-existed-and-never-will-exist-jean-jacques-rousseau-84-29-74.jpg

Agree.

It is really hard to feel like you live in a free country when the people have no control over it anymore. What are we free to do? Free to play by the rules other people pass for us. It is like we have been conquered by some foreign power.

• Banned
Not one politician wants to invite one of them in any meaningful way to make policies in this country. It is like the only people who get to make any decisions in this country are the elites who run the government.

Where have you been for the past 5000 years.

This is history in repetition.

The word democracy kind of implies that this shouldn't be our reality.

It is really hard to feel like you live in a free country when the people have no control over it anymore.

There has never been freedom in the USA.

Not in a strict sense anyways.

This same shit was going on in the starting years after the constitution, arguably worse so than exists today.

What are we free to do? Free to play by the rules other people pass for us.

That is not freedom. It is permission.

It is like we have been conquered by some foreign power.

You are conquered by the state.

They legally own your ass.

So words of wisdom from the renowned philosophical apologist for the modern liberalized state.

Agree.

It is really hard to feel like you live in a free country when the people have no control over it anymore. What are we free to do? Free to play by the rules other people pass for us. It is like we have been conquered by some foreign power.

We get what we deserve because we failed to keep our Republic?

Democracy in its philosophical form means people power.

The people have no power as long as others are appointed to rule over them.

The US system is a bill of goods.

• Banned
It is really hard to feel like you live in a free country when the people have no control over it anymore.

There has never been freedom in the USA.

Not in a strict sense anyways.

This same shit was going on in the starting years after the constitution, arguably worse so than exists today.

What are we free to do? Free to play by the rules other people pass for us.

That is not freedom. It is permission.

It is like we have been conquered by some foreign power.

You are conquered by the state.

They legally own your ass.

Thank You my Furor for reminding me of that.

The true philosophical force behind the democratic party.

Republican party too.

Don't be so naive as to think they do not both share the same agenda. Politicians are cut from the same cloth.

Last edited:
The elitism of the left is sometimes hard to spot but it seems to show up in almost everything they do. Take a student/government initiative I saw that basically invited students to work with Washington DC politicians to shape policy. It sounds wonderful because we would have so many smart people making policies for our nation but I couldn't understand why the average person wasn't invited to work with politicians to shape policies in this country. I'm talking about the blue collar worker who doesn't have time to go to school and isn't considered smart enough to participate in such an event. This is a democracy which means that all the people like the rich and the poor get to decide what this nation's policies should be. Not one politician wants to invite one of them in any meaningful way to make policies in this country. It is like the only people who get to make any decisions in this country are the elites who run the government.

Disagree, we are a Republic which limits the tyranny of a true democracy, and SHOULD protect individual rights in spite of what the populace might want.

Disagree, we are a Republic which limits the tyranny of a true democracy, and SHOULD protect individual rights in spite of what the populace might want.

More of this bullshit. With all the wordplay and spinning aside, a republic is just tyranny of the minority with a fresh face.

I do not believe in tyranny of the majority of tyranny of the minority.

I believe in tyranny of the individual over only the individual. That and only that constitutes a democracy.

And you thought when you got old enough you could grow up to be your own man....Ah yes, those romantic dreams...

We get what we deserve because we failed to keep our Republic?

The republic is the same as it was since 1783.

There were more violations of the constitution then there are now.

You confuse a monarchy with a republic, and know nothing about Democracy.

Oh really?

Go ahead and provide the philosophical definition of a democracy.

The only claim in that post was that the US was fucked up since 1783 onwards, in more ways than one. Arguably in more ways than now.

There is no worse form of government than a democracy......

Our Constitution created a limited representative Republic, not a classical Republic. Representative is the Democracy half of the equation.

Forum List

Back