So much for democracy

You mean the 2A they wrote to allow us to stop them?

Yes, absolutely meaningless.

"Allow us to stop them," lol!

No one needs their position to fight back, especially since the US state has been instituting gun control since the foundation of the US constitution.

The early US state closely resembles the modern EZLN councils in Chiapas

Local government, no government economic intervention, and a document giving citizens moral entitlement to fight back if their rights are violated by the army.

No shit the small libertarian government in America turned into a dystopian police state. It is simply common sense.

No one needs their position to fight back, especially since the US state has been instituting gun control since the foundation of the US constitution.
ButI am not talking about you, I am talking about the people who wrote it....if they were as you say, they would never have written that.....

ButI am not talking about you, I am talking about the people who wrote it....if they were as you say, they would never have written that.....

They most certainly would have.

The enlightenment revolutionary complex intersected with the growing fear of civil resistance against the ruling class under the articles of confederation.

They were sell outs. They abandoned their roots, maintaining only a weak sense of identity. Kind of like The Clash.

The elitism of the left is sometimes hard to spot but it seems to show up in almost everything they do. Take a student/government initiative I saw that basically invited students to work with Washington DC politicians to shape policy. It sounds wonderful because we would have so many smart people making policies for our nation but I couldn't understand why the average person wasn't invited to work with politicians to shape policies in this country. I'm talking about the blue collar worker who doesn't have time to go to school and isn't considered smart enough to participate in such an event. This is a democracy which means that all the people like the rich and the poor get to decide what this nation's policies should be. Not one politician wants to invite one of them in any meaningful way to make policies in this country. It is like the only people who get to make any decisions in this country are the elites who run the government.
The word democracy kind of implies that this shouldn't be our reality.

Democracy in its philosophical form means people power.

The people have no power as long as others are appointed to rule over them.

The US system is a bill of goods.

Disagree, we are a Republic which limits the tyranny of a true democracy, and SHOULD protect individual rights in spite of what the populace might want.

Even constitutions are created by the people so no matter what we are going to have some kind of majority rule somewhere.

Even constitutions are created by the people so no matter what we are going to have some kind of majority rule somewhere.

What are you talking about?

Majority rule has never existed. I cannot think of one substantial state that had a true 51% voting system on policy.

And the constitution was not created by the people. It was created by an assembly of higher class individuals, many of which owned slaves and gave themselves fancy titles like Lord and Lady.

The true philosophical force behind the democratic party.

Republican party too.

Don't be so naive as to think they do not both share the same agenda. Politicians are cut from the same cloth.

Don't give me that garbage because the people who are behind these kind of initiatives that mentioned in the OP are 'liberals'. I never met a conservative that thought of a way to have elites run the government for the people. I don't agree with a lot they say on social issues but when they want something they go out there and protest and get the average person involved to get their politicians motivated.

What are you talking about?

Majority rule has never existed. I cannot think of one substantial state that had a true 51% voting system on policy.

What the fuck are you talking about?

You sound like some kind of prick.

Please list a federal gun control law enacted before 1860?

Don't give me that garbage because the people who are behind these kind of initiatives that mentioned in the OP are 'liberals'. I never met a conservative that thought of a way to have elites run the government for the people.

Few people directly believe in an elitist government. That does not deter the elitist government from forming.

The Republican party is plagued with corporate lobbyists. Absolutely plagued.

What the fuck are you talking about?

That is what I am asking you.

You just stated that all constitutions are a representation of the people, and therefore all states are governed by majority rule.

That is a load of horseshit on multiple accounts. What kind of koolaid have you been drinking?

They most certainly would have.

The enlightenment revolutionary complex intersected with the growing fear of civil resistance against the ruling class under the articles of confederation.

They were sell outs. They abandoned their roots, maintaining only a weak sense of identity. Kind of like The Clash.
pompous elites or the greedy aristocrats? :lol:

Don't give me that garbage because the people who are behind these kind of initiatives that mentioned in the OP are 'liberals'. I never met a conservative that thought of a way to have elites run the government for the people.

Few people directly believe in an elitist government. That does not deter the elitist government from forming.

The Republican party is plagued with corporate lobbyists. Absolutely plagued.
Not really....

Forum List

Back