🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So nominee Gorsuch proclaims Roe v. Wade as precedent

It's not a baby and doesn't have a fully developed brain OR skull at that stage. You clearly don't know even basic biology. No wonder you have such ignorant reactionary views. Sad.

It's disgraceful that you call yourself a BoSox fan....Baseball is American and you're anything but an American....you should be shipped off to Cuba or Venezuela.
My family came here 397 years ago - we MADE America! I'm sure you are just some Johnny-come-lately by comparison.

Your rabid right wing views are NOT representative of the core values of America. Don't you dare question my patriotism or right to be here. Go fuck yourself, really!

It's not a baby and doesn't have a fully developed brain OR skull at that stage. You clearly don't know even basic biology. No wonder you have such ignorant reactionary views. Sad.

It's disgraceful that you call yourself a BoSox fan....Baseball is American and you're anything but an American....you should be shipped off to Cuba or Venezuela.
My family came here 397 years ago - we MADE America! I'm sure you are just some Johnny-come-lately by comparison.

Your rabid right wing views are NOT representative of the core values of America. Don't you dare question my patriotism or right to be here. Go fuck yourself, really!
Yah take that !!!

My ancestors came here 100 years ago.

We MADE Illinois.

:D

To the OP. Yes, Roe establishes a precedent. All SCOTUS decisions establish precedents. BUT, there is nothing to prevent any congress from passing a more sane abortion law that would render Roe moot.
You mean a Constitutional Amendment. What's keeping you?
Hey, you guys lost all those seats in the past three elections, so what was keeping you? Oh right, your message.
We don't need a Constitutional Amendment...we've got Roe v. Wade. So I ask again.....a Constitutional Amendment making abortion illegal would override Roe v Wade....what's keeping the RussianW from starting one?
Roe V. Wade is too weak.

We need the amendment.

"Judge Neil Gorsuch said Tuesday the controversial Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion is “precedent” and acknowledged the ruling had been reaffirmed “many times.”

Gorsuch, President Trump’s nominee to fill the Supreme Court seat vacated when Justice Antonin Scalia died, does not have much of a history ruling on abortion issues, and the contentious subject was one of the first topics broached during the question-and-answer session of Gorsuch’s confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“Roe v. Wade, decided in 1973, is a precedent of the United States Supreme Court, it has been reaffirmed…and all of the other factors that go into analyzing precedent have to be considered,” Gorsuch told Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa. “…A good judge will consider it as precedent of the United States Supreme Court, worthy as treatment of precedent like any other.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the first Democrat to question Gorsuch, immediately followed up, citing the importance of the issue since, she said, President Trump “said he would appoint someone who would overturn Roe.”

“Once a case is settled, that adds to the determinacy of the law,” Gorsuch told Feinstein, clarifying his position on precedent. “What was once a hotly-contested issue is no longer a hotly-contested issue. We move forward.”

Feinstein asked if Gorsuch considered Roe v. Wade “super precedent” – a decision that cannot be overturned.

“It has been reaffirmed many times, I can say that,” Gorsuch answered."

Gorsuch to Feinstein: Abortion ruling is 'precedent'

Sounds like another resounding defeat for the anti-abortion lobby.

Providing we can believe him...

See what I mean when I say liberalism almost always wins in the long run?

Actually, liberalism, given a choice, would put Al Franken on the Supreme Court. Y'all lost this time.

To the OP. Yes, Roe establishes a precedent. All SCOTUS decisions establish precedents. BUT, there is nothing to prevent any congress from passing a more sane abortion law that would render Roe moot.
Actually, the congress cannot review Roe. It can pass a law limiting the SC jurisdiction but that only means Roe is the last word.

Wrong, theoretically congress could pass a law making all abortion illegal.

Congress cannot revisit Roe or ask SC to revisit it, but congress could pass a law making Roe moot.

The pro-birth wing are in fact anti-life.

They will not commit the needs to make sure that life is worth living for every child born in tough circumstances.

So your solution is murder. Charming.
This is about support for the fetus through early youth, which the far and alt right will not commit to doing right by the child. Charming.

the two people who create the child are responsible for it, not society as a whole. That's what you libs refuse to understand------------personal responsibility for your acts.

If it did have sentience, it would likely feel gratitude at skipping the part where it has to live in a world full of stupid, mean, racist and murderous humans before getting to the sweet release of death.

You'd think all the religious freaks would be ok with fetus souls going straight to heaven.

You're certifiable....Norman Bates kind of lunatic...good chance you're already in a nuthouse. :cuckoo:

"397 years ago" eh? Are you Elizabeth Warren by any chance, nut job? :eusa_liar:

They will not commit the needs to make sure that life is worth living for every child born in tough circumstances.

This is about support for the fetus through early youth, which the far and alt right will not commit to doing right by the child. Charming.

the two people who create the child are responsible for it, not society as a whole. That's what you libs refuse to understand------------personal responsibility for your acts.
What you subhumans refused to recognize that, yes, the society as a whole is responsible for the members of society.

Why do you loons cheer legislation that allows murdering the most innocent of all? Freaking ghouls
Abortion is legal, therefore not murder.

So, slavery was not a violation of basic human and Constitutional rights when it was upheld by the courts as legal?

Using your logic, slavery was no harm no foul for as long as it was "legal."
Fallacy of false equivalents, chuz. Abortion is a medical term not a criminal term in law.

What you subhumans refused to recognize that, yes, the society as a whole is responsible for the members of society.

No, I am not responsible for you and you are not responsible for me. I don't want to take care of you and I don't want you taking care of me.

Its insane to think that society as a whole has a responsibility to take care of every person.

But you make that stupid claim and then come out in favor of abortion, hypocrisy is YOU.

No, I am not responsible for you and you are not responsible for me. I don't want to take care of you and I don't want you taking care of me.

Its insane to think that society as a whole has a responsibility to take care of every person.

But you make that stupid claim and then come out in favor of abortion, hypocrisy is YOU.

It's not insane, it's democratic, and it's been the American way for at least 100 fucking years. Under Republicans OR Democrats, we all agree -- we have to take care of each other.

Otherwise, we go back to 10,000 BC, and the hunter/gatherer lifestyle, replete with a collapsed economy and a lower standard of living for all.

Why do you loons cheer legislation that allows murdering the most innocent of all? Freaking ghouls
Abortion is legal, therefore not murder.

So, slavery was not a violation of basic human and Constitutional rights when it was upheld by the courts as legal?

Using your logic, slavery was no harm no foul for as long as it was "legal."
Fallacy of false equivalents, chuz. Abortion is a medical term not a criminal term in law.

abortion ends a human life, so does murder. Its exactly the same thing except for the location of the victim.

How about answering this that not one of you libs has ever answered: Why is a person who kills a pregnant woman charged with two counts of murder if the fetus is not a human being?

One of the core values of Americans is in our demand for equal rights, equal protections and Justice for all. . .

When the Constitution says "all persons" (all human beings) have an equal right to their life and to not have that right deprived of them except by due process....

Do you view the framers use of the words "ALL persons" to be an inclusive or an exclusive statement?

Last edited:

Don't scurry away, little one.

Yes, society as a whoe is responsible for all of us.

It is insane to think that every person can run around doing willy nilly without consequences for the whole.

It's not insane, it's democratic, and it's been the American way for at least 100 fucking years. Under Republicans OR Democrats, we all agree -- we have to take care of each other.

Otherwise, we go back to 10,000 BC, and the hunter/gatherer lifestyle, replete with a collapsed economy and a lower standard of living for all.

To a point, I agree. But our society has gone way beyond taking care of those who cannot take care of themselves.

We have gone to the extremes like: everyone deserves a college education, everyone deserves a cell phone, everyone deserves air conditioning, everyone deserves their "safe place". The lunatic fringe has taken over, and our society is crumbling before our eyes.

Forum List

Back