So on Monday Letitia James can grab Trump's empire? (Poll)

So what are Trump's options?

• Tell Letitia James if she drops the charges he'll drop out of the 2024 race?

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Let Letitia James take all of his property?

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Appeal to every court he can think of to get a delay until his appeals are processed?

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Keep cool knowing that when he is elected president he can settle the score...

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Other options...see my post.

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
Judge Engoron didn't value the property at $18M to $27M, he made note that the tax assessment from the Palm Beach Country Tax Assessment Office placed the property tax valuation at $18M in 2011 which rose to #27M (assuming your number) in 2021.
WW
I was replying to post #527 who quoted your "tax assessor" numbers.
It seems to be common knowledge that Engeron valued MAL at $18m...and "an overvaluation of 2,300%"...a true statement, but misleading as to its true value, and misleading as to Trump's "crime" of over-valuing his properties.

Trump’s financial documents also pegged the value of the estate at between $427 million and $612 million, which Engoron called “an overvaluation of at least 2,300%” compared to the assessor’s report.

every god damned lender does their own appraisal you bastards......anyone agrees with this and i hope you watch your god damned fucking house burn to the mother fucking ground

The case isn't about the appraisal for the collateral of the loans.

The case is about the valuation of the 500 shell company's used to guarantee net worth to get lower rates and lying on documents showing that worth.

WW

When is is demonstrated that the Cry Baby Loser is not above the law, he will throw another ALL-CAPS tantrum, lash out hysterically, and flail his "victim" card frenetically.

That is how the sexual abuser will campaign for the next few months, as the wheels of justice grind in several diverse legal venues, impervious to his crass antics.

His red-capped butt barnacles will gnash their tooth and parrot his shameless whining.

/-----/ Let someone in power steal your property, and we'll see how you react.

The case isn't about the appraisal for the collateral of the loans.

The case is about the valuation of the 500 shell company's used to guarantee net worth to get lower rates and lying on documents showing that worth.

WW
i just hope anyone who agrees with this watches their whole god damned fucking house to burn to the ground

Right wing ”common knowledge” is very often bullshit narratives for the masses who don’t think for themselves.
Democrat kangaroo courts lie all the time about everything. Engeron called Trump's "2,300% overvaluation" of MAL part of the "crimes":
...which Engoron called “an overvaluation of at least 2,300%” compared to the assessor’s report.

So Engeron did in-fact value MAL at the tax assessor's number.

Zoning (commercial v. residential) and deed restriction due to it's historic nature are two different things.

WW
Yes, they are and his deed restrictions have something to do with it being a historical site....? Mara Lago is a resort but also a national historic landmark, built and owned by Marjorie Meriweather Post in 1924, of the Post cereal company.....?

I'm not certain you can easily remove a national landmark status....?

Yes, they are and his deed restrictions have something to do with it being a historical site....? Mara Lago is a resort but also a national historic landmark, built and owned by Marjorie Meriweather Post in 1924, of the Post cereal company.....?

I'm not certain you can easily remove a national landmark status....?

Didn't say it would be easy.

But it's not relevant to the commercial v. residential zoning, that is much easier. He just has to stop running MAL as a business, then apply to have it rezoned to residential. The deed restrictions would still apply, he just wouldn't have commercial income to support it.

WW

Market value is determine by what you can sell something for.

In 1981 the market value (what it sold for) was $10M, and the tax assessors value that the Judge noted for 2011 was $18M and at $27M in 2021.

I don't know where you learned math by $18M > $10M even in 2011 and $27M > $10M in 2021.

WW
The real world consequence for this vendetta, is that NY will suffer from other businesses leaving NY…. I hope it’s worth it….

Democrat kangaroo courts lie all the time about everything. Engeron called Trump's "2,300% overvaluation" of MAL part of the "crimes":
...which Engoron called “an overvaluation of at least 2,300%” compared to the assessor’s report.

So Engeron did in-fact value MAL at the tax assessor's number.
He did not. He merely compared the Trump value to the assessors value.

Certainly the fair market value is higher than the assessor’s value. It’s not 23 times higher.

Probably not. There is a difference between assessed value for tax purposes and market value.

In my area tax assessed value typically runs about 70% of market value, market value sure isn't 2,300 times tax assessed value though.

WW
Why is it fair for Trump, but unfair for you….? It’s laughable.

He did not. He merely compared the Trump value to the assessors value.

Certainly the fair market value is higher than the assessor’s value. It’s not 23 times higher.
A 2 acre property, with no structure next door is on the market for $200M…You’re nuts.

Didn't say it would be easy.

But it's not relevant to the commercial v. residential zoning, that is much easier. He just has to stop running MAL as a business, then apply to have it rezoned to residential. The deed restrictions would still apply, he just wouldn't have commercial income to support it.

WW
Maybe, but maybe not by pressing the EASY button!?!

1. let us know when it sells
2. it doesn’t have deed restrictions, does it?
None of that matters to show that Engoron‘s valuation is ridiculous.

Both the judge, as well as James violated legal standards, and ethics with this case, and should be immediately disbarred.

The judge never said that MAL today is worth what it was in 1981.

WW
How much did the judge value MAL at?

Judge Engoron didn't value the property at $18M to $27M, he made note that the tax assessment from the Palm Beach Country Tax Assessment Office placed the property tax valuation at $18M in 2011 which rose to #27M (assuming your number) in 2021.

WW
How much did the judge value the property at?

A 2 acre property, with no structure next door is on the market for $200M…You’re nuts.
That property isn't severly restricted by commercial and historical zoning.

Trump can't subdivide the property, he can't tear down the mansion and build something else, and he has to maintain it as a resort.

That's why it's not particularly valuable. It was a white elephant when he bought it for 10 million 20 years ago.

Problem is MAL can't be seized (at least entirely) due to Trump claiming it as his primary residence. Florida law protects primary residences from seizure. That's why O.J. moved to Florida.
The Deed Restrictions for Mara Lago, say it can not ever be a private residence....for anyone, including Trump. He's been fighting with the county over it.... So I'm not certain under the law in fla. If it is considered his private residence....??

EDIT CORRECTION!

I just read he got around it being his primary residence by claiming he is an employee of Mara Lago, in 2019.....employees can live there year round.... So, while president, he also was an employee of Mara Lago....the Manager I would presume? This allowed full time residence by him longer than the 3 month Use restriction.

Last edited:
None of that matters to show that Engoron‘s valuation is ridiculous.

Both the judge, as well as James violated legal standards, and ethics with this case, and should be immediately disbarred.
Engoron didn’t assign a fair market value. He merely noted Trump’s claimed value was 23 times the tax assessor’s value.

What is the tax assessor’s value of that plot of land?

Forum List

Back