So people who earn a million a year pay a lower tax rate than the middle class

This argument is just rediculous. Republicans bankrupted our government, and a lot of people think on purpose so the could kill social security and medicare, but regardless, now they want the poor and middle class to pay for it? Or they don't want to chip in? Union members needed to "share in the sacrafice". And Police have to pay more for their healthcare because rich people want more tax breaks. The gap between the rich and poor has never been bigger. We're doing worse and they are doing better than ever. But even still they want to argue why they should even less taxes? Hell no. The economy needs it. And that's the way it has always been. But they want to change the rules of the game now? No way. Now government can't even help keep the cost of college down. Soon only the rich kids will be able to afford college. Is this the way Republicans want it to be? Seems like it.

But instead the rich say we should pay. Or they suggest that they already pay too much. Clearly not enough. They want the government to fight their wars, educate their workforce and pave their highways so their trucks can tear up our roads.

People who make $30K pay way too much in taxes. People who make $100K pay too much in taxes too. People who make over $1million a year are not paying their fair share. Roll back the Bush tax cuts on anyone who makes over $1million a year. That won't affect a lot of people and will go a long way. And they won't miss it. Bush's tax breaks were a mistake.

Americans will work 107 days into the year, from January 1 to April 17, to earn enough money to pay this year’s combined 29.2% federal, state, and local tax bill.

this has got to bne the dumbest drivel I have read in over a month on this board.

Fight THEIR wars? So they are not fighting for America...just for the rich.
Pave THEIR raods? So only the rich drive or have trucks that drive on them? None of those truck drivers own their cabs and are small business owners?
Educate THEIR workforce? So you are saying the schools simply teach the children trades and none of them have the opportunity to start their own busioness later in life?

You are a fucking moron. You say things that are just....well.....fucking moronic.

Why do you think the 1% are evil?

Indeed.

If they had capital gains I think that income should be taxed as income too. No special treatment for either O's.

After all, this is a no-growth administration. Maybe investment should be taxed at double the going rate, even if there are losses.

Is that hard to comprehend?

We'll see in November.

I certainly hope that America comprehends.

What percentage of income earners does our glorious ruler, Obama fall into?

What about Oprah, who created Dear Leader?

They aren't in the evil 1%, are they Comrade?

Why do you think the 1% are evil?

If they had capital gains I think that income should be taxed as income too. No special treatment for either O's.

Is that hard to comprehend?

All income should be taxed at the capital gains rate. 15% no deductions no exemptions no loopholes.

Not only would more tax be collected but the savings realized by cutting the size of the IRS would result in a huge savings.

Why wouldn't anyone want a tax form that looked like this:

Enter your total income on line 1. 1)_______________

Multiply line 1 by .15 and enter it on line 2. 2) _______________

This is what you owe.

Simple right?

and the democrats will say the GOP is waging a war against accountants.

This argument is just rediculous. Republicans bankrupted our government, and a lot of people think on purpose so the could kill social security and medicare, but regardless, now they want the poor and middle class to pay for it? Or they don't want to chip in? Union members needed to "share in the sacrafice". And Police have to pay more for their healthcare because rich people want more tax breaks. The gap between the rich and poor has never been bigger. We're doing worse and they are doing better than ever. But even still they want to argue why they should even less taxes? Hell no. The economy needs it. And that's the way it has always been. But they want to change the rules of the game now? No way. Now government can't even help keep the cost of college down. Soon only the rich kids will be able to afford college. Is this the way Republicans want it to be? Seems like it.

But instead the rich say we should pay. Or they suggest that they already pay too much. Clearly not enough. They want the government to fight their wars, educate their workforce and pave their highways so their trucks can tear up our roads.

People who make $30K pay way too much in taxes. People who make $100K pay too much in taxes too. People who make over $1million a year are not paying their fair share. Roll back the Bush tax cuts on anyone who makes over $1million a year. That won't affect a lot of people and will go a long way. And they won't miss it. Bush's tax breaks were a mistake.

Americans will work 107 days into the year, from January 1 to April 17, to earn enough money to pay this year’s combined 29.2% federal, state, and local tax bill.

this has got to bne the dumbest drivel I have read in over a month on this board.

Pave THEIR raods? So only the rich drive or have trucks that drive on them? None of those truck drivers own their cabs and are small business owners?
Educate THEIR workforce? So you are saying the schools simply teach the children trades and none of them have the opportunity to start their own busioness later in life?

You are a fucking moron. You say things that are just....well.....fucking moronic.

1. Yes, fight their wars. Or do you still not realize that Bush/Chaney were oil and defense contractors and that is who got rich in Iraq? Please don't tell me you still think that was about WMD's or Freedom? :cuckoo:

2. Yes, their trucks do a lot more damage to our roads than our economy cars and SUV's. And this is just one little example of why they need to pay their fair share of taxes. Don't make a big deal out of it. Just an example.

3. And no I was not saying that. Not at all. Again, its just another little example of why they need to pay their fair share of taxes. You pay a tax for schools regardless of if you have kids going to school. Corporations hire people that are educated on the governments dime. They need to chip in too. Don't try to read into it more than you should. I know you disagree but you are a minority.

Last edited:

Actually, I had to re read your post and I think you are the fool. Hearing liberal truth makes your head want to explode I bet. I feel the same way when I hear your shit, trust me.

Who was Viet Nam for? Was that a war worth fighting? No viet kong ever called me a ni((er. I don't think we should have been in any of the wars since WW2. Are you a Ron Pauler or a Romney War monger righty?

And I understand that you wouldn't understand the importance of an educated work force. After all, your corporations prefer hiring Mexican workers over American workers. Unless Mexico has better schools than us?

Actually, I had to re read your post and I think you are the fool. Hearing liberal truth makes your head want to explode I bet. I feel the same way when I hear your shit, trust me.

So, were you clinically diagnosed as mentally retarded?

Who was Viet Nam for?

France. But the concept was to stop the expansion of communism. Reagan demonstrated in Nicaragua that stopping the forward momentum of communism was the key to defeating it.

Was that a war worth fighting?

Not if it wasn't worth winning. Fighting a defensive war is stupid.

No viet kong ever called me a ni((er.

You've never met any Viet Cong, silly bonobo. Are you a racist? Retards often are, so no surprise that you would be.

I don't think we should have been in any of the wars since WW2. Are you a Ron Pauler or a Romney War monger righty?

You lack the capacity for thought.

And I understand that you wouldn't understand the importance of an educated
work force.

So why didn't you venture past 6th grade then?

After all, your corporations prefer hiring Mexican workers over American workers. Unless Mexico has better schools than us?

Which corporations does he run, silly bonobo?

Who was Viet Nam for? Was that a war worth fighting? No viet kong ever called me a ni((er. I don't think we should have been in any of the wars since WW2. Are you a Ron Pauler or a Romney War monger righty?

And I understand that you wouldn't understand the importance of an educated work force. After all, your corporations prefer hiring Mexican workers over American workers. Unless Mexico has better schools than us?

wow...just wow.

your reading comprehension skills borderline on "non existant"

I have now deemed you as no longer worthy of my time.

Wait a minute Comrade; the big lie that your rulers have you spewing is "NO FAIR, THE RICH PAY LESS PERCENT IN TOTAL TAXES."

Since most of those taxes are fixed or capped, then it is the same situation.

No, its not.

So if the logic (sorry, I know that isn't something you are comfortable with) is that all should pay the same percentage of income to government, regardless of other factors, then why would you not demand that all pay the same percentage of income for a burger?

Careful. You're stretching so far you might cause a warp in space-time and fall into a black hole.

This nation was founded by men who sought a just and equitable system of government. One thing they recognized is that direct taxation is immoral, thus we prohibited it in the constitution.

So the 16th amendment isn't valid because the Framers were opposed to it?
The answer is, neither earned nor investment income should be taxed at all.
That must surely be what the People intended when they ratified the 16th amendment.
Taxation must be conducted on transactions and completely blind; or fraud and favoritism will be engaged in.

I had no idea that my employer paying me my salary wasn't a "transaction"

Can't beat your logic though - its OK that Mitt pays 14% in taxes and Gingrich pays over 30% in taxes even though Mitt makes more than Newt because hey, taxes are bad!

Last edited:
I heard Obama yesterday wanting the fair share to be paid. But, 47% of America pays no income tax...how is this their fair share?

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture3736-cb041911dapr20110419084608.jpg

The person you address is someone that has swallowed the Class Warfare/Wealth envy line from Obama and the statists...

The person you address is a Kool-Aid drunk zombie.

No, its not.

Because your daily hating points don't have it on the script?

ROFL

Careful. You're stretching so far you might cause a warp in space-time and fall into a black hole.

Okay sparky, explain the fundamental difference?

Why should it be considered fair that a person spend an inequitable percentage on food, a necessity for life, yet not fair when spent on government?

You have no logical basis for this. The basis for the desire to take more is simply the insatiable greed of your shameful party and the desire to loot ever greater sums. You cannot justify the contradictory position vis a vie necessity versus taxation save recitation of the mindless rhetoric of your rulers.

Is that from one of your hate sites?

The 16th was duly passed ratified as proscribed by the constitution.

Direct taxation is foolish and immoral, but the 16th makes it legal.

That must surely be what the People intended when they ratified the 16th amendment.

What did they intend with the 18th?

The point being that some ideas are poor, even if they can get the states to ratify them.

You know, I find it amusing that the left will claim there is some right to privacy, yet when it comes to the government requiring you to detail every aspect of your life, how much you make, where you work, who you sleep with, the results (children), where you go to church, how much you pay for your home, ad infintium - why you have no objection at all....

When I buy a bottle of wine, I don't divulge any personal information as I pay the tax. I get no special deduction, because no one knows who I am, I buy the wine, I pay the tax - period - regardless of what politician I bribe. Indirect taxes work like that, which is why looters prefer direct taxation.

Can't beat your logic though - its OK that Mitt pays 14% in taxes and Gingrich pays over 30% in taxes even though Mitt makes more than Newt because hey, taxes are bad!

Don't you think you've smoked enough crack for one day?

Bam Bam is spouting off again about people who earn a million a year not paying the same percentage as the so called middle class.

Well guess what he's wrong again.

A single filer making 1 million a year would pay in $323,935 or 32.39% of his income.

A single filer earning 50K a year would pay in $8600 or 17.2% of his income.

So you see folks people who make more pay a higher percentage of their income so it's the rest of you who aren't paying their "fair share"

Mitt makes $56.000.00 a day and paid 13.9%

It's not earned income.

RDEAN could probably identify with that.

Only Romney gets his from investments.

RDEAN (and his ilk) get it from the taxes Romney pays through his investements.

Hey, now I know why they want him to pay more !!! :doubt::doubt:

1. Yes, fight their wars. Or do you still not realize that Bush/Chaney were oil and defense contractors and that is who got rich in Iraq? Please don't tell me you still think that was about WMD's or Freedom? :cuckoo:

2. Yes, their trucks do a lot more damage to our roads than our economy cars and SUV's. And this is just one little example of why they need to pay their fair share of taxes. Don't make a big deal out of it. Just an example.

3. And no I was not saying that. Not at all. Again, its just another little example of why they need to pay their fair share of taxes. You pay a tax for schools regardless of if you have kids going to school. Corporations hire people that are educated on the governments dime. They need to chip in too. Don't try to read into it more than you should. I know you disagree but you are a minority.

OMG the list of Obama's friends that have gotten rich off of "green" jobs is endless. And they havent dont squat. Getting tang from the moon landing was more impressive than what these green jobs gave us. And with gas prices skyrocketting who's getting rich now? Is Obama helping the oil companies? hmmmmmmm..When gas prices are high with Bush, he's getting rich and so are his friends, but with Obama it just kinda happened, wow liberals are really stupid arent they

Wait a minute Comrade; the big lie that your rulers have you spewing is "NO FAIR, THE RICH PAY LESS PERCENT IN TOTAL TAXES."

Since most of those taxes are fixed or capped, then it is the same situation.

No, its not.

The answer is, neither earned nor investment income should be taxed at all.
Taxation must be conducted on transactions and completely blind; or fraud and favoritism will be engaged in.

But 14% of 21,600,000 is 3,024,000.
And 30% of 2,600,000 is 780,000. (assuming all of Newt's is "earned income")

On that basis Mitt pays 390% more taxes than Newt, and Mitt's earnings come from risking capital, which is money put to work creating new jobs, and importantly, new Tax payers to support the financial system in their turn.

Last edited:

Then why invade Afghanistan they have no oil and as yet we have received no oil from Iraq.

You do know that trucks pay higher tolls than passenger cars and are subject to per mile taxes on both the state and federal level don't you?

Oh yeah you obviously don't

People without kids in school should pay less taxes than people with kids in schools.

Last edited:

People without kids in school should pay less taxes than people with kids in schools.

I just want to dispel a misconception that seems to be in play here;
The federal government does not pay for education, at any level.

Grades K through 12 are paid for by the mechanism of local property taxes. Higher ed is paid for by individuals seeking that higher education. It is considered prudent for localities to have all citizens pay for the education of children so that they are sufficiently educated to earn a living, and become property owners so that they in turn pay taxes on their property to educate someone elses children. Children that are not sufficiently educated grow to be adults who, without the capacity to earn, turn to crime, putting at risk the whole community.

The federal governments role in education has been to set standards and create conformity of those standareds across the country. It's role in that regard has been to undermine local units that actually do educate their children through their local schools.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, there sure is a lot of misinformation in this thread. OK, first, the capital gains tax being lower than ordinary rates isn’t a “fairness” issue, no matter how much the left would like to paint it as such. The reason capital gains rates should be less than ordinary rates is because capital gains are VOLUNTARY. Let me explain. You have$2 million worth of Apple stock for which you paid $1 million, and thus an unrealized gain of $1 million. Let’s say you have another investment in mind that you think will do better in the future than Apple given the massive run up in price, so you want to sell your stock and buy some other stock (or real estate, or whatever). Today your capital gain would be $1 million and you would pay $150,000 in taxes on that gain. If your analysis indicates your new investment will exceed the Apple investment by more than that 15%, you will enter into that transaction. Now assume that same deal costs you 35%, or $350,000. That other investment has to be a whole lot better before you will part with that much cash in tax, so you don’t sell, hoping that either a.) holding it indefinitely will work out better than the tax penalty, or b.) conservatives finally regain control and reduce the rate back to 15%. Net result: tax revenue to the government goes down by $150,000, and you no longer have a taxpayer with $1 million in taxable income (thereby one less statistic to vent your envious rage against). Increases in capital gains rates CAN BE EXPECTED to result in lower revenues, and vice versa, and history has shown this to be true.

You can also avoid buying dividend stocks in favor of growth stocks that pay no dividends if the tax rate is raised, and again there is no taxable income (and no revenue). Unfortunately, those dividend-paying stocks tend to be the largest companies that employ the most people; raising their cost of capital might not be a growth strategy.

The “1,470 taxpayers with $1 million in income but paid no tax” issue; this should be revised to “paid no US tax”; this has nothing to do with rates. The only way a taxpayer could have $1,000,000 of adjusted gross income and pay -0- tax is through the use of foreign tax credits; I can’t imagine someone having enough itemized deductions and general business credits to zero out an AGI that large. Our government has entered into treaties with foreign governments around the world to prevent “double taxation”, where a US citizen living and earning income in the UK, for instance, wouldn’t have to pay 40% tax there and then 35% on the same income in the US. You see, all US citizens must file a tax return and report their worldwide income, and then they get credit for the taxes paid to the foreign country. Wait, you say; the US is losing money this way! No, because a UK citizen who lives and earns income in the US for a specified minimum period of the year pays US taxes under the same treaty (it’s why sometimes foreign golfers, notably Greg Norman, complained that they couldn’t play all of the tournaments in the US because they would be in the country too many days in the year and would then be subject to our income taxes).

Before you throw out the current system in favor of some “feel good, get the rich” strategy, you should at least be aware of the unintended consequences caused by changing a complex law that has arisen over decades. Some of the incentives in the law actually make sense.

Forum List

Back