So...raising the minimum wage will put busineses out of business..who have thunk it.......

Just so the comic store crowd will understand

minimum-wage-raise-what-now-502.jpg

this is, of course, crap.....a business has no business as a social welfare program.......the model you are referring to in this cartoon is called SLAVERY....where the owner of the property (in this case you would call him the employer) takes care of all the needs of his slaver (you would call him the employee).......

it is also the employees responsiblity to get the training and education they need to get better jobs....if they don't...why is it the purpose of a business to provide all of their needs for them...

We prefer the model where the business owner and the employee are free to choose to work or not work, employ or not employ people.......it is called freedom....

I don't know why you think it is the employers job to see to every need of their workers......
Actually, the model is corporate welfare

The taxpayer subsidizing your workers so that you can profit from substandard wages

3 years is suddenly? This comic book store should be fine and I doubt many other businesses will have any problems. Sales for all of them however will increase.

Why would their sales increase?

Because of increased income.
People will have increased income but less purchasing power from that income.

The income will more than make up for any lower purchasing power. You exaggerate greatly.

Once prices go up it will eat up the increase. It's not like minimum wages will really result in $15.00 an hour more. Taxes will go up too. How much of that $15.00 an hour will that employee really get? It won't really be enough to cover the rise in prices on everything. This business may not be able to reduce the number of employees but whatever business that can, will.
Tough luck for him eh?

The last minimum wage increase was supposed to help the poor too. When will people realize that its just a vicious circle that actually helps no one.

Once prices go up it will eat up the increase. It's not like minimum wages will really result in $15.00 an hour more. Taxes will go up too. How much of that $15.00 an hour will that employee really get? It won't really be enough to cover the rise in prices on everything. This business may not be able to reduce the number of employees but whatever business that can, will.
Tough luck for him eh?

The last minimum wage increase was supposed to help the poor too. When will people realize that its just a vicious circle that actually helps no one.
I remember when raising the minimum wage to five bucks an hour was supposed to help the poor. That didn't last long. That was when businesses could still afford gas station attendants, movies had ushers and there were no self checkouts.

Tough luck for him eh?

I remember when raising the minimum wage to five bucks an hour was supposed to help the poor. That didn't last long. That was when businesses could still afford gas station attendants, movies had ushers and there were no self checkouts.
Fewer jobs keep workers scared and hungry

Enables employers to keep low wages

No one is really going to have more to spend because what they pay for everything will go up.

Oh I forgot, the most powerful group of workers in the entire USA is the minimum wage workers. Able to bring entire economies to the ground should they receive those increase in wages.

Good thing the people making good money don't get a raise. Then the economy of the USA would end as we know it. Complete collapse. Doom and gloom for ever.

All because some workers got an increase in earnings.

Only reason I can figure out why the 2aguy is freaking out about a comic book store in SF is that he must buy a lot of comic books there.

Do you honestly think that there will be no taxes on that $15.00?

You may be to stupid to know this; every dime in income tax paid by a worker making 15 bucks an hour will come back to that worker in the form of the earned income tax credit. Even the state will refund taxes paid to that low of earner.

I thought you knew this shit? Remember the 47% that pay no taxes? The 15 dollar an hour worker is in that group.

So no, there will be no net increase in tax revenue. The workers will get it all back so they can spend it. Oh the horror of workers having more money to spend on comic books.

Remember all business owners like me hate wage increases. We give bonuses to all of our employees just about every year but I still hate wage increases.
Owner of this Comic store is full baloney all he has to do is increase the prices of his products.
I can guarantee you 100% they will do just fine.

Forum List

Back