So...raising the minimum wage will put busineses out of business..who have thunk it.......

All suppositions, no facts. and he isn't saying he has to sell $120, his sales have to increase by $120 a day.

Do you really think this guy just want's to give up his business?

Its a simple fact that the job the people are doing for him cannot justify a $15 an hour wage, and thus he has to call it quits.

Selling and sales are the same thing. One $120 sale increases the days sales by $120. Between now and 2018 he just has to increase sales by $120 a day with many customers who will be getting a raise. If he can't do that he was probably going out of business without a min wage increase.

he was actually probably doing just fine. Your lame attempts at justifying this are noted.

Then he will continue to do just fine. Your lame attempts to counter my arguments are noted.

How is he going to do just fine if he has said he has to give up the business?

Drama queen maybe? Was already looking for reason to close? Doesn't understand increased income will lead to increased sales?

You really are an oxygen thief, you know that?

3 years is suddenly? This comic book store should be fine and I doubt many other businesses will have any problems. Sales for all of them however will increase.

Why would their sales increase?

Because of increased income.

Increased income? So you believe taking money from the employer (by gov't fiat)and giving to the employees will yield increased spending? How about the decreased spending by the employer? There is no new wealth being created. The only way this MW stupidity can translate into "increased income" is if the employer can raise prices to maintain the profit margin and those higher prices mean less spending power putting us right back where we are now. I have no prob with individual state or local MW but the federal gov't has no biz meddling in the market for labor. None. Zippo. Zilch. Nada. It a feel-good political movement intended to satisfy unions (whose contracts are often MW+ based) and people who are at the bottom in part because they don't understand economics.

The increase in min wage will increase the income of customers. This increase will increase sales. Sales increase will cover increased wages for employer. Quite simple really.

Then why not raise minimum wage to $100 dollars an hour??? MORE MONEY FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Selling and sales are the same thing. One $120 sale increases the days sales by $120. Between now and 2018 he just has to increase sales by $120 a day with many customers who will be getting a raise. If he can't do that he was probably going out of business without a min wage increase.

he was actually probably doing just fine. Your lame attempts at justifying this are noted.

Then he will continue to do just fine. Your lame attempts to counter my arguments are noted.

Drama queen maybe? Was already looking for reason to close? Doesn't understand increased income will lead to increased sales?

So far you offer no counter of value to my arguments. Now you are down to lame insults?

3 years is suddenly? This comic book store should be fine and I doubt many other businesses will have any problems. Sales for all of them however will increase.

Increased income? So you believe taking money from the employer (by gov't fiat)and giving to the employees will yield increased spending? How about the decreased spending by the employer? There is no new wealth being created. The only way this MW stupidity can translate into "increased income" is if the employer can raise prices to maintain the profit margin and those higher prices mean less spending power putting us right back where we are now. I have no prob with individual state or local MW but the federal gov't has no biz meddling in the market for labor. None. Zippo. Zilch. Nada. It a feel-good political movement intended to satisfy unions (whose contracts are often MW+ based) and people who are at the bottom in part because they don't understand economics.

The increase in min wage will increase the income of customers. This increase will increase sales. Sales increase will cover increased wages for employer. Quite simple really.

Then why not raise minimum wage to $100 dollars an hour??? MORE MONEY FOR EVERYONE!!!!

We are talking $15 dollars. Stop being silly. Sorry but the sky will not fall.

So far you offer no counter of value to my arguments. Now you are down to lame insults?

You have no arguments to counter, just silly little ideas with no backing and relevance. Your understanding of economics, like your understanding of 2nd amendment rights is basically zilch.

You have no arguments to counter, just silly little ideas with no backing and relevance. Your understanding of economics, like your understanding of 2nd amendment rights is basically zilch.

Yet I clearly know far more about economics than you. And borderlands not closing proves it.

Just so the comic store crowd will understand

minimum-wage-raise-what-now-502.jpg

Once again a point goes over your head, you must get tired of the breeze.

Yet I clearly know far more about economics than you. And borderlands not closing proves it.

No, you don't.

No, you don't.

Then why is borderlands not closing now? You said they would have to.

No you just are trying to exaggerate because your points have made little sense.

No, you don't.

The why is borderlands not closing now? You said they would have to.

We are talking about Comix Experience, the shop in the OP. Why do you keep bringing up borderlands?

No you just are trying to exaggerate because your points have made little sense.

I rest my case. You are rapidly reaching SHE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED levels of stupidity in your posts. Not an achievement you should be striving for.

No, you don't.

The why is borderlands not closing now? You said they would have to.

We are talking about Comix Experience, the shop in the OP. Why do you keep bringing up borderlands?

If you read the article in the OP, borderlands claimed they were going to close. They changed their mind. Comix never said they were closing. And trust me, they won't.

I rest my case. You are rapidly reaching SHE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED levels of stupidity in your posts. Not an achievement you should be striving for.

And you continue to post with no substance. You clearly have no real arguments.

We have been raising minimum wages for decades. The sky does not fall in, business does not fail, workers do not get fired

The market adjusts and we move on

Just so the comic store crowd will understand

minimum-wage-raise-what-now-502.jpg

More class warfare bull from the biggest plopper of bull from the left on this site.

Sad but true

The taxpayers supplement the income of low wage workers while their employers profit from sub standard wages

if they had made better life choices, they wouldn't be in the low wage position for long. and they get paid what their labor adds to the overall value of the product or service.

Forum List

Back