So...raising the minimum wage will put busineses out of business..who have thunk it.......

It looks like they have two stores and need $80,000 revenue to cover. Also this doesn't go into effect till 2018. So by 2018 they need to incease sales by like $120 for each store a day. Given the comic book crowd many customers will be getting raises. I see them having no problems increasing revenue by $120 a day.

Yeah...you think a lot of things brain.....why don't you call the guy and tell him how easy he is going to have it....

The numbers speak for themselves. In 3 years with many customers all getting raises he can cover it.

brain....you need to really get some time in with Walter Williams or Thomas Sowell...even listen to Milton Friedman........and if everyone got a minimum wage of 1000 dollars an hour...think how much more they could all spend.....we would be in paradise......

There is not a direct line between higher low-end wages and business failure.

Business owners will first cut hours and positions and various incentives & benefits at those levels, then they'll look for other inefficiencies.

Last resort, then they'll raise prices. Then we'll see.

But...if they cut hours.....and cut positions....and incentives and benefits....won't we need a new law that makes them stop doing those things?...after all...if someone is fired, or loses hours...then they won't earn the new minimum wage.......

Customers will have more income, they won't have to.

It looks like they have two stores and need $80,000 revenue to cover. Also this doesn't go into effect till 2018. So by 2018 they need to incease sales by like $120 for each store a day. Given the comic book crowd many customers will be getting raises. I see them having no problems increasing revenue by $120 a day.

Yeah...you think a lot of things brain.....why don't you call the guy and tell him how easy he is going to have it....

The numbers speak for themselves. In 3 years with many customers all getting raises he can cover it.

brain....you need to really get some time in with Walter Williams or Thomas Sowell...even listen to Milton Friedman........and if everyone got a minimum wage of 1000 dollars an hour...think how much more they could all spend.....we would be in paradise......

We are talking about $15, don't be so dramatic.

How much of that $15.00 an hour will that employee really get? It won't really be enough to cover the rise in prices on everything.
Are you just guessing? If not, provide your reference. If so, your comment has no value.
Do you honestly think that there will be no taxes on that $15.00?
Furthermore, many people would become ineligible for the enormous costs of welfare such as food stamps. Higher minimum wages would both lower government spending, and raise government revenue. I would think conservatives and liberals alike would embrace that.

Yeah....only 15 dollars an hour....you guys have no clue....

There is not a direct line between higher low-end wages and business failure.

Business owners will first cut hours and positions and various incentives & benefits at those levels, then they'll look for other inefficiencies.

Last resort, then they'll raise prices. Then we'll see.

But...if they cut hours.....and cut positions....and incentives and benefits....won't we need a new law that makes them stop doing those things?...after all...if someone is fired, or loses hours...then they won't earn the new minimum wage.......
Yep, I could see that happening, or something like it.

Who cares? Business owners are all really rich, plus they're greedy and they didn't build that 'n stuff.

Regardless, this is the way we're going, so get used to it.

How much of that $15.00 an hour will that employee really get? It won't really be enough to cover the rise in prices on everything.
Are you just guessing? If not, provide your reference. If so, your comment has no value.
Furthermore, many people would become ineligible for the enormous costs of welfare such as food stamps. Higher minimum wages would both lower government spending, and raise government revenue. I would think conservatives and liberals alike would embrace that.

What part of cutting positions and hours are you guys not getting.........they will get 15 dollars....but they won't have a job and/or they will get so few hours they will be the same or less.....and the cost of what they need to buy will go up......

What part of cutting positions and hours are you guys not getting.........they will get 15 dollars....but they won't have a job and/or they will get so few hours they will be the same or less.....and the cost of what they need to buy will go up......

Really in three years the comic book store can't increase sales $120 a day with many customers having increased income?

Which shows you have zero understanding of anything involving economics whatsoever.

Really in three years the comic book store can't increase sales $120 a day with many customers having increased income?

Like I said...imagine how many comics they could buy if they had a 1,000 dollar an hour minimum wage...this busines owner would be rich......

No I do. How much of an increase is it? Are the comic book store workers making $11 now? Says one person per store open 10 hours a day. That's like $40 a day in three years. Meanwhile customers will also get raises and have more to spend.

Which shows you have zero understanding of anything involving economics whatsoever.

The do tell what is wrong with the numbers.

No I do. How much of an increase is it? Are the comic book store workers making $11 now? Says one person per store open 10 hours a day. That's like $40 a day in three years. Meanwhile customers will also get raises and have more to spend.

No, customers won't...because they will have their positions cut and their hours cut as other businesses have to make up the difference......keep sprinkling that pixie dust...it will all work out......

Like I said...imagine how many comics they could buy if they had a 1,000 dollar an hour minimum wage...this busines owner would be rich......

Again we are talking $15.

No, customers won't...because they will have their positions cut and their hours cut as other businesses have to make up the difference......keep sprinkling that pixie dust...it will all work out......

No because other businesses will also have increased sales obviously.

And these are just two businesses that say they are going to close...imagine all the others.....but you lefties love wal mart...you can buy your comic books there......

again...not getting it.....

And these are just two businesses that say they are going to close...imagine all the others.....but you lefties love wal mart...you can buy your comic books there......

I've shown why they won't have to close.

again...not getting it.....

So you don't understand why increased income would increase their spending?

The do tell what is wrong with the numbers.

Well by 2018 inflation will increase the amount needed over $80,000, and in a niche market like comic books and collectibles, how do you fathom an increase in $120 a day actually happening?

And lots of comic book people are actually high income (especially in San Francisco), so your premise of an increased income from low end people buying more comic books is wrong.

Here is a hint, people working minimum wage type jobs, even with the $15 an hour, usually aren't the type with comic book designated disposable income.

Forum List

Back