So stupid, the Muslim ban- Obama already DID this + vetting. Tourism to US down...

I think we should be more concerned about this !

upload_2017-3-1_23-4-50.png

The Tourists will be back in the summer, when its Tourist Season, hmmm on second thought, so might the Squid!

This has already been DONE, and vetting FIXED DUH.

Travel experts began warning even before the 2016 election that Donald Trump's campaign rhetoric could cause a decline in tourism. So has the so-called "Trump slump" arrived?

Stephen Mumford, a professor of metaphysics at Durham University in northeast England, had some money to burn thanks to a large research fellowship grant he was awarded in October 2016. Always eager to travel to other countries and present his research, he began making arrangements for trips to several academic conferences in the United States.

Then Donald Trump won the November 2016 election.

In his first month in office, the Trump administration imposed a travel ban on seven majority-Muslim countries, and empowered US Customs and Border Protection agents to enforce immigration laws more assertively at ports of entry.

Jump media player
Media player help

Out of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.

Media captionProtesters gather at Dulles airport: "Welcome to the USA!"
Mumford started to hear stories he didn't like - like the British Muslim school teacher who was separated from his students and removed from a flight bound for the US, or that incoming travellers were being asked to turn over their mobile phones and social media passwords.

Last month, Mumford made what he says was a difficult decision: to cancel all his planned travel to the US.

"I don't want to go to a conference if other people are excluded simply because they belong to a particular group," he says.

"I don't feel I can just walk in and think, 'I'm OK, and forget the guy behind me can't come in just because he's a Muslim'. That's being a party to the unfairness."

_94898182_trumpairplane.jpg
Image copyrightJOE RAEDLE
Mumford is not alone.

Thousands of professors around the globe have pledged not to travel to the US.

A growing list of Canadian schools who once made regular trips across the border for sports, music and other educational events are cancelling their journeys for fear that foreign-born students could be singled out.

In Philadelphia, at least one large conference worth an estimated $7m in revenue to the city has been cancelled, and the tourism board of New York City recently reversed its pre-election projection that the city would see an increase of 400,000 international travellers in 2017.

The board now predicts 300,000 fewer foreign tourists will visit the Big Apple this year than did in 2016.

Anecdotes like these are the worst fears of travel industry analysts, who've been warning for weeks that the US could be entering a tourism "Trump slump".

The online booking site Kayak reported that searches by UK citizens for US destinations had "fallen off a cliff", and that hotel prices in cities like San Francisco, New York and Las Vegas dropped between 32-39%.

Hmmmm reminds me of when Obama pushed the ACA mandates that were seen as a HUGE STEP toward putting insurance out of business so govt can take over.

Why not apply a similar strategy here:

When all those hotels go out of business, the Democrats can simply ask the Feds to bail them out, take over the properties, and turn them into hospitals and public housing for all the poor losing their health care insurance.

What next? Anything you want to "socialize" just have the feds step in, muck it up, crash the system, and take over and run it through govt.

Hmmmm reminds me of when Obama pushed the ACA mandates that were seen as a HUGE STEP toward putting insurance out of business so govt can take over.

Why not apply a similar strategy here:

When all those hotels go out of business, the Democrats can simply ask the Feds to bail them out, take over the properties, and turn them into hospitals and public housing for all the poor losing their health care insurance.

What next? Anything you want to "socialize" just have the feds step in, muck it up, crash the system, and take over and run it through govt.
OOB insurance? NO, just cutting ridiculous costs...The "system" was a scam and ridiculously overpriced mess for years DUH...

I really wouldn't worry too much about this in the long term, the over reactions will die down with time. Tourism in general worldwide is down, things will balance out
Don't be too sure. Beside Russia (and that's ending with the campaign), the world outside your RW propaganda bubble are aghast at Trump and the New BS GOP's ignorant ugly Americanism. I'm STILL hoping Trump figures out Bannon and the RW are FOS and alternative facts, ie lies.

Shit! Whatever will America do without the Somali tourist dollar (literally)?

Shit! Whatever will America do without the Somali tourist dollar (literally)?
Incredibly stupid. Call a lib a snowflake in person, dumbass dupe.

Leave these disastrous dupes behind, Mr. Businessman. Listen to your smart Generals and Sec of State.

Campaign promises based on bs propaganda and the dupes should be jettisoned- the few that remain...

I really wouldn't worry too much about this in the long term, the over reactions will die down with time. Tourism in general worldwide is down, things will balance out
Don't be too sure. Beside Russia (and that's ending with the campaign), the world outside your RW propaganda bubble are aghast at Trump and the New BS GOP's ignorant ugly Americanism. I'm STILL hoping Trump figures out Bannon and the RW are FOS and alternative facts, ie lies.

It could be worse, than "UGly Americanism" I know how much you love that phrase though.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/30/business/international/europe-economy-gdp-terrorism.html

Don't understand you angst. Maybe if we let in more 30 something year old migrants like the video below, we could attract more tourists. Or are all these Europeans just lying to you? part of a propaganda bubble.
So Trump takes things seriously and the Left is just constantly looking for something to distort and attack the new administration with. Nothing to see here.

Welll they did take like a hundred times (per capita) more refugees with little vetting. Way to wreck the ME and then refuse any refugees, New BS GOP.

It could be worse, than "UGly Americanism" I know how much you love that phrase though.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/30/business/international/europe-economy-gdp-terrorism.html

Don't understand you angst. Maybe if we let in more 30 something year old migrants like the video below, we could attract more tourists. Or are all these Europeans just lying to you? part of a propaganda bubble.
So Trump takes things seriously and the Left is just constantly looking for something to distort and attack the new administration with. Nothing to see here.

One time/place thing...remain calm. And GOP propaganda has lied about it. Number of rapes and crime, just like with illegals...

Forum List

Back