So this guy from Chicago, shows up at a Florida Convenience store showing the clerk he has a gun. Clerk shows robber his gun. Yeah for 2nd amend.

Wrong again.

And a 1 in 3 chance of a home invader being armed are not odds I want against me especially since the Supreme Court has ruled that the police have absolutely no legal obligation to come to the aid of anyone.

Here's the thing... as pointed out, deaths during burglaries are rare, and most "home invasions" are the burglar thought no one was home.

If American police behaved like Japanese police, most people wouldn't have a problem with them.

Now, obviously, Japan does not have the issues the US has with Racism because 99% of the population of Japan are ethnic Japanese.

Japan's biggest crime problem right now are old people committing petty shoplifting because they are lonely and want the police to pay attention to them. The police usually handle these people with great delicacy and care.

Are you really this fucking stupid?

Japan is one of the most racist, xenophobic countries in the world.....if you are not Japanese, born in Japan, you are a lesser human......

Except the Japanese only lock up 45,000 people
And we lock up 2 million.
Democrat crime bill that Jo authored created those numbers dumbass you support si shut the fuck up about those numbers.

Here's the thing... as pointed out, deaths during burglaries are rare, and most "home invasions" are the burglar thought no one was home.

So the fuck what?

I suppose you would just stand there pissing your pants while your home was being cleaned out.

Yep....because American criminals know that American home owners can have guns, so they try to burgle houses rather than rob them.....you idiot....

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/LawRev/LawyersGunsBurglars.htm#FN;F64

C. In Homes and on the Street

Rengert and Wasilchick's book about how burglars work reveals that fear of armed homeowners played a major role in determining burglary targets. Burglars reported that they avoided late-night burglaries because, "That's the way to get shot." [FN63] Some burglars said that they shun burglaries in neighborhoods with people of mostly a different race because, "You'll get shot if you're caught there." [FN64]

The most thorough study of burglary patterns was a St. Louis survey of 105 currently active burglars. [FN65] The authors observed, "One of the most serious risks faced by residential burglars is the possibility of being injured or killed by occupants of a target. Many of the offenders we spoke to reported that this was far and away their greatest fear." [FN66]Said one burglar: "I don't think about gettin' caught, I think about gettin' gunned down, shot or somethin'...'cause you get into some people's houses...quick as I come in there, boom, they hit you right there. That's what I think about."
Another burglar explained:

Hey, wouldn't you blow somebody away if someone broke into your house and you don't know them? You hear this noise and they come breakin' in the window tryin' to get into your house, they gon' want to kill you anyway. See, with the police, they gon' say, "Come out with your hands up and don't do nothing foolish!" Okay, you still alive, but you goin' to jail. But you alive. You sneak into somebody's house and they wait til you get in the house and then they shoot you.. . .See what I'm sayin'? You can't explain nothin' to nobody; you layin' down in there dead! [FN67]
In contrast, Missouri is one of only nine states which has no provision for citizens to be issued permits to carry handguns for protection. Thus, a criminal in St. Louis faces a very high risk that the target of a home invasion may have a lawful gun for protection, but minimal risk that the target of a street robbery will have a lawful firearm for defense. The same authors who studied active St. Louis burglars conducted another study of active St. Louis armed robbers. [FN68] They found that "ome of the offenders who favored armed robbery over other crimes *355 maintained that the offense was also safer than burglary. . .." [FN69] As one armed robber put it: "My style is, like, don't have to be up in nobody's house in case they come in; they might have a pistol in the house or something." [FN70]
On the streets, many of the St. Louis robbers "routinely targeted law-abiding citizens," [FN71] who, unlike their counterparts in most American states, were certain not to be carrying a gun for protection. Law-abiding citizens were chosen as robbery victims because, as one robber noted, "You don't want to pick somebody dangerous; they might have a gun themselves." [FN72]
In addition to the St. Louis study, the Wright-Rossi National Institute of Justice surveyed felony prisoners in eleven state prison systems on the impact of victim firearms on burglar behavior. [FN73] In that survey, seventy-four percent of the convicts who had committed a burglary or violent crime agreed, "One reason burglars avoid houses when people are at home is that they fear being shot."
[FN74]

Wrong again.

And a 1 in 3 chance of a home invader being armed are not odds I want against me especially since the Supreme Court has ruled that the police have absolutely no legal obligation to come to the aid of anyone.

Or we could make guns actually harder for criminals to get... that would be a great idea.

We could even try something as crazy as fixing poverty and addiction and mental illness

We have 1 million burglaries in this country... most criminals are smart enough to wait until they know nobody is home to rob it...

And look, Free Gun! You didn't think this through at all, did you?

Moron.......we have more burglaries because people have guns, the criminals don't want to get shot, you dumb ass...

Or we could make guns actually harder for criminals to get... that would be a great idea.

We could even try something as crazy as fixing poverty and addiction and mental illness

The democrats don't want to fix any of those things...those are their primary recruiting tools for democrat party voters...

How about if you are a criminal caught with a gun, you go to prison for 30 years........that actually works.

Or we could just punish criminals who possess guns illegally.

Our gun violence problem is 100% the fault of the fucking government and NOT the fault of the 100 plus million law abiding gun owners. Our government refuses to enforce the gun laws we have on the books.

THAT is the problem

So the fuck what?

I suppose you would just stand there pissing your pants while your home was being cleaned out.

I could think of half a dozen ways I could take on a burglar without resorting to a gun. But the reality is they would probably run away once they realized someone was home and the cops had been called.

Yep....because American criminals know that American home owners can have guns, so they try to burgle houses rather than rob them.....you idiot....

Actually, burglary statistics are about the same in European countries were guns are banned. Because you break into a house where someone is home, you are more likely to be identified and prosecuted.

Now, when I lived in Cicero (Good times), I was robbed while I was out on National Guard maneuvers The Cicero cops just wrote up a report and that was the end of it. No investigation, no dusting for prints, etc.

Had I been home, and been able to identify the perps, or if there had been some kind of confrontation they'd have taken it more seriously, I'm sure. That's why burglars don't break into homes, it increases their chances of being caught.

Only about 100 people are killed in the course of a burglary each year, and less than 200 homicides are ruled as justified self-defense (most of those domestic, not home invasion).

Or we could just punish criminals who possess guns illegally.
We lock up 2 million people.

Our gun violence problem is 100% the fault of the fucking government and NOT the fault of the 100 plus million law abiding gun owners. Our government refuses to enforce the gun laws we have on the books.
Nope, it's the fault of a gun industry that has made it easy for crooks to get guns, because people like you get all scared and want them, too.

I could think of half a dozen ways I could take on a burglar without resorting to a gun. But the reality is they would probably run away once they realized someone was home and the cops had been called.
Sure you can Internet Badass that you are

Nope, it's the fault of a gun industry that has made it easy for crooks to get guns, because people like you get all scared and want them, too.
So what?

We have a society that breeds criminals

Do the crime do the time.
Why don't you volunteer to work in a correction center?

Actually, burglary statistics are about the same in European countries were guns are banned. Because you break into a house where someone is home, you are more likely to be identified and prosecuted.

Now, when I lived in Cicero (Good times), I was robbed while I was out on National Guard maneuvers The Cicero cops just wrote up a report and that was the end of it. No investigation, no dusting for prints, etc.

Had I been home, and been able to identify the perps, or if there had been some kind of confrontation they'd have taken it more seriously, I'm sure. That's why burglars don't break into homes, it increases their chances of being caught.

Only about 100 people are killed in the course of a burglary each year, and less than 200 homicides are ruled as justified self-defense (most of those domestic, not home invasion).

Wrong, they have far more home invasions in Europe, especially Britain...they know how long it takes the police to arrive if the victims manage to call for help, and they torture their victims for information and fun...you doofus.

Britain......

Burglary victims attacked in their own home once every 30 minutes

A householder is attacked by a violent burglar every 30 minutes.

The shocking statistic exposes for the first time the epidemic of terrifying intruder confrontations taking place in Britain.

It will intensify demands for householders to be given greater protection if they use force to protect themselves and their family against a burglar.

In the wake of the case of Munir Hussain, who was jailed and later freed for beating a raider, ministers insisted it was extremely rare for a person to find themselves in trouble with the police for fighting back against a burglar.

But with householders suffering violence on 23,000 occasions last year, campaigners say the case for a change to the law is growing ever stronger.

The Tories, who compiled the figures, have given a manifesto commitment to review the law, which currently allows a householder to respond with 'reasonable force'.

Under one option being considered, a burglary victim who took on an intruder could only be prosecuted if they used 'grossly disproportionate force'.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'These figures are an alarming indication of the culture of violence that has built up in our society.

'It just goes to show how important it is that we change the law to give proper protection to householders who defend themselves and their families against a violent intruder in their homes.

'The Government promised to change the law, but then didn't. We will.'

The figures emerged in an analysis of official crime statistics. Last year, the number of domestic burglaries recorded by police in England and Wales rose for the first time in six years, from 280,694 in 2007-08 to 284,427.

The British Crime Survey provides more information on the nature of burglaries than those recorded in police crime figures.

According to the BCS, householders came face-to-face with burglars in 20 per cent of domestic burglaries last year. That translates one every ten minutes. In other cases, either no one was at home or the victim was at home but unaware they were being burgled and did not see the offender.

Of the burglaries in which the victim came face-to-face with the intruder, violence was either used or threatened in 59 per cent of crimes.

Read more: Burglary victims attacked in their own home once every 30 minutes
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

An Englishman's home is his dungeon

But the trouble is that this kind of burglary - the kind most likely to go "wrong" - is now the norm in Britain. In America, it's called a "hot" burglary - a burglary that takes place when the homeowners are present - or a "home invasion", which is a much more accurate term. Just over 10 per cent of US burglaries are "hot" burglaries, and in my part of the world it's statistically insignificant: there is virtually zero chance of a New Hampshire home being broken into while the family are present.

But in England and Wales it's more than 50 per cent and climbing. Which is hardly surprising given the police's petty, well-publicised pursuit of those citizens who have the impertinence to resist criminals.

These days, even as he or she is being clobbered, the more thoughtful British subject is usually keeping an eye (the one that hasn't been poked out) on potential liability. Four years ago, Shirley Best, proprietor of the Rolander Fashion emporium, whose clients include Zara Phillips, was ironing some clothes when the proverbial two youths showed up. They pressed the hot iron into her flesh, burning her badly, and then stole her watch. "I was frightened to defend myself," said Miss Best. "I thought if I did anything I would be arrested." There speaks the modern British crime victim.

Forum List

Back