So, this is what passes for leadership, now?

You are simply incorrect. When the ACA was written, the Democrats locked themselves away and came out with a bill that no one had ever read in its entirety.

BULL-FUCKING-SHIT. How many hearings were broadcast on C-Span on the ACA? Over 15. The process took an entire year. Conservatives chose to not participate because they hedged their political strategy on obstruction. Well, here we are, seven fucking years later and where's the replacement bill? WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU ASSHOLES BEEN DOING THIS WHOLE TIME? The answer is posturing like a bunch of bullshitters.

Don't remember Speaker Nasty Pelousy's infamous quote that they would have to pass the bill to find out what was in it? Are you sure you don't remember that?

Well, haha, you don't seem to remember the quote because what she actually said was that they "had to pass it so people knew what was in it, outside of the fog of controversy". Meaning that you fuckers were lying about it (and you still do lie about it) so people didn't know what the bill actually did.

So my question to you, is why do you leave that part of what Pelosi said out? The answer is either because you're lying, Want to know why no GOP replacement plan exists? Because Conservatives don't know shit. Because Conservatives are lazy. Because Conservatives are melodramatic. Because Conservatives lie. All the time. About everything.

Silent Warrior, post: 17747751
The ACA was passed without the Republicans voices being heard.

Bullshit. The ACA was a copy of the Mitt Romney and Heritage Foundation plan that has worked well in Massachusetts.

If Republican voices did not matter Dems could have gone all out for the Public Option.

When government mandates that health care providers MUST do certain things or risk punishment....what is that called again:eusa_whistle:

See, you keep moving the goalposts! Your original lie was that Obamacare resulted in government-run health care. When that turned out to be a crock of shit, you migrated your argument to something about mandating what providers must do...but you'd be wrong again (sensing a pattern here) because the essential benefits were on insurance plans not health care providers. Fucking idiot.

Furthermore, if those insurance plans didn't meet the essential benefits, the only "punishment" was that they couldn't be sold on the Exchanges and people buying them couldn't defray their costs with subsidies. Insurance companies can offer garbage plans, still, it's just not economically feasible to do so because the exchanges are where everyone in the individual market buys insurance.

You don't know anything. Why are you even posting? This is an embarrassment.

You are simply incorrect. When the ACA was written, the Democrats locked themselves away and came out with a bill that no one had ever read in its entirety.

BULL-FUCKING-SHIT. How many hearings were broadcast on C-Span on the ACA? Over 15. The process took an entire year. Conservatives chose to not participate because they hedged their political strategy on obstruction. Well, here we are, seven fucking years later and where's the replacement bill? WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU ASSHOLES BEEN DOING THIS WHOLE TIME? The answer is posturing like a bunch of bullshitters.

Don't remember Speaker Nasty Pelousy's infamous quote that they would have to pass the bill to find out what was in it? Are you sure you don't remember that?

Well, haha, you don't seem to remember the quote because what she actually said was that they "had to pass it so people knew what was in it, outside of the fog of controversy". Meaning that you fuckers were lying about it (and you still do lie about it) so people didn't know what the bill actually did.

So my question to you, is why do you leave that part of what Pelosi said out? The answer is either because you're lying, Want to know why no GOP replacement plan exists? Because Conservatives don't know shit. Because Conservatives are lazy. Because Conservatives are melodramatic. Because Conservatives lie. All the time. About everything.

Bravo!

And the fact is they do. There are tons of groups out there who cater to the indigent. It is a lie that the poor can't get the medical care they need. Below are a few portals that then lead you into the groups that provide the assistance. Everything you have been told is a lie. Educate yourself.

You're a fucking liar who is deliberately misrepresenting the extent of charitable medical care. The totality of all charitable giving in the USA (and this includes the charities you mentioned in addition to things like tithing to the Mormon Church, the NYC Ballet, and other vanity items) doesn't even come close to Medicaid's yearly budget.

Conservatives seem to have a habit of running their mouth about things of which they know very little.

When I had major medical it only kicked in when I was hospitalized. I used to have it, not now, not under our current plan.

So you did have an insurance plan, then...it was just a catastrophic one. Why do you think what happened to you is what happens to everyone else? Do you think we are all created in your image?

What the heck are you talking about? Where did I deny having insurance? Man, are you dense?

And the fact is they do. There are tons of groups out there who cater to the indigent. It is a lie that the poor can't get the medical care they need. Below are a few portals that then lead you into the groups that provide the assistance. Everything you have been told is a lie. Educate yourself.

You're a fucking liar who is deliberately misrepresenting the extent of charitable medical care. The totality of all charitable giving in the USA (and this includes the charities you mentioned in addition to things like tithing to the Mormon Church, the NYC Ballet, and other vanity items) doesn't even come close to Medicaid's yearly budget.

Conservatives seem to have a habit of running their mouth about things of which they know very little.

How am I lying when i present factual information? Climb down off of your high horse and learn something.

Try responding to my post with points and logic.

I can't respond to an illogical post with logic. So clean up your act and I'll respond in language that doesn't affect your delicate snowflake sensibilities. Yeesh. What a baby.
You're the baby. You haven't responded to my points. You just make disparagements.

And single payer was desired in California and the cost would have been more than twice the annual state budget. Who's going to pay for it?

Who pays for the costs associated with uninsured people showing up at emergency rooms?

Medicaid is full of doctor administration costs. The Medicaid program is a cluster. My dad and mom are on Medicare, my wife spends hours with the office manager to make sure things get covered and it takes forever, government is a mess if you want things done and done right, you just keep spinning wheels with them.

Anecdotal bullshit that is untrue. According to a 2015 Gallup survey, all forms of Government-provided insurance have higher patient satisfaction ratings than all forms of private insurance:

rhqsnyelsk6x4jxswxqvjg.png

So square that circle with your bullshit. Thanks.

Medicaid is full of doctor administration costs. The Medicaid program is a cluster. My dad and mom are on Medicare, my wife spends hours with the office manager to make sure things get covered and it takes forever, government is a mess if you want things done and done right, you just keep spinning wheels with them.

Anecdotal bullshit that is untrue. According to a 2015 Gallup survey, all forms of Government-provided insurance have higher patient satisfaction ratings than all forms of private insurance:

rhqsnyelsk6x4jxswxqvjg.png

So square that circle with your bullshit. Thanks.
You mean people who get subsidized healthcare are more satisfied than those who pay for their own while subsidizing the others? Who could have seen that coming?

Free market competition and anti-trust enforcement brings costs down without having to apply counterproductive, expensive gov control.

First of all, who do you think enforces anti-trust laws? THE GOVERNMENT, STUPID! Secondly, there is no free market for health care because insurance companies prevent you from choosing any doctor you want. In order to see a doctor you have to first buy insurance, and then you get to pick your doctor from those in your insurance network. So how is that free market? That's the system you want, by the way, which is not free market at all. Wouldn't it make more sense to pick your doctor first and have a single entity handle the reimbursement for everyone? Why does it matter to you that a private company does that administration? Don't understand what your obsession with that is. How does government reimbursing your doctor instead of Aetna doing it change anything about how your health care is delivered? It doesn't. It's just administration.

How am I lying when i present factual information? Climb down off of your high horse and learn something.

Because you deliberately misrepresented it. You made it sound like charity can make up for the poverty gap. Has it ever before? No. So why would it start now?

You mean people who get subsidized healthcare are more satisfied than those who pay for their own while subsidizing the others? Who could have seen that coming?

You just got done saying how terrible Medicaid was, and now you're saying the exact opposite. Make up your mind you stupid bastard.

And single payer was desired in California and the cost would have been more than twice the annual state budget. Who's going to pay for it?

Who pays for the costs associated with uninsured people showing up at emergency rooms?

We all do. Who is going to pay for single payer? ALL of us. How much will it cost us? California wanted to implement it and discovered the cost would be double what the current state budget is. You could take all of the money from all of the billionaires in the USA and it would pay for california for a whole year.

Then what?

Where are these death panels? I'd like to visit one and see how they operate.

They are the Republican-controlled State Legislatures that refused to expand Medicaid. Why? Because they're assholes and want people to die.

That's because your government paid health insurance mirrors private insurance which seeks to discourage usage and limit claims.

When I get sick, I go to the doctor, or the hospital, get treatment and go home to get better. My doctor bills OHIP for my care. His receptionist does the paperwork, submitting one bill to the provincial payment office.

There is no question of what's covered or what they will pay, nor should there be. That being said, I get one complete physical per year, but that's true of private insurance as well.

Who cares if they were uninsured? They were still able to get care unlike any other place where they have universal insurance. Take a look at the NHS sometime. Yeppers, everyone is "insured" but there's a whole shitload of dead people who wouldn't be had they not had to wait for their care!

Insurance does not equal seeing a doctor. Someday you might understand that simple fact. But I doubt it.
Not really. Emergency rooms are required to treat them. However, they have no access to standard healthcare. I love how everyone always points to England. Why not point to Sweden? Or the Netherlands? Or Israel? Oh, that's right. Because those exam0ples completely destroy your hair on fire claim that "all universal health coverage is terrible".

However, I'm not necessarily in favour of universal healthcare, either. Might we examine "Medicaid for All" at some future point? Sure. Why not. But right now, all I want is to fix the things that Republicans broke about the ACA.

If you can't afford standard healthcare, how are you going to pay for it AFTER you get insurance because you still have to meet the premiums, and deductibles before it pays a fucking dime?

You do realize that "Medicaid for all" will bankrupt the US. "Medicare for all" will just bankrupt Medicare and they will still have to pay premiums and coinsurance. You are totally confused.

Bullshit. Medicaid for all eliminates the 20% private insurance skims off the top for administration and profit. It eliminates 3rd party billing companies, pre-approvals and those administration costs for hospitals, clinics and physicians. The US currently spends over 30% of every health care dollar on Administration. That amount is less than 10% in single payer countries.

Wow...you know what? You are an idiot. If you think that emergent care equals healthcare, then I cannot help you. Have a good day.

Those who cannot afford insurance now will not be able to afford insurance in the future, so what did the ACA accomplish? All it did was spending tax dollars and charging people for insurance they cannot afford to use.

That's it exactly, $2000 deductibles, $450 a month policy, then you have co-pays. I never reach my deductibles.

$5000 a year for health insurance plus deductibles and copays is insanity.

I have no copay, except $2 for a prescription, and no deductible. But then I live in a single payer country.

You also pay ridiculous taxes for a country with a military akin to the Boy Scouts of America,

When you factor in healthcare insurance premiums which are part of our taxes, Canadians pay LESS than Americans.

As for our military, the only country who has ever attacked Canada is the USA. We stay out of other countries business and we aren't constantly making war on other countries to protect Canadian interests. But if you need peacekeeping or disaster assistance, don't be afraid to call on us.

Last but not least, we spend most of our tax dollars at home, on our own citizens, and not corporate welfare and wage subsidies or foreign wars. We provide assistance to the sick, the old, and the poor.

And when out governments forget who they work for and who elected them, we DESTROY the party by not electing any of their asshole candidates. Just ask Brian Mulroney, or Paul Martin, or John Turner.

Mulroney' Progressive Conservative Party which negotiated NAFTA and gifted us with the much hated Goods and Services Tax went from a substantial majority in Parliament to 3 seats, lost its parliamentary status and was absorbed by the Reform Party.

You idiots keep re-electing the same hacks who put corporations and lobbyists ahead of people and then complain that Washington is a swamp.

We need to leave all foreign countries, we need to bring all our troops home and if the rest of the world needs us? Too bad for them. We need to cut all spending by 25% and it will be tough but we need to reign in spending and cut our money heading to foreign aid, all of it. We need to get rid of NAFTA and renegotiate with countries and make the trade fair. We need to look out for our citizens just as other countries do. As far as the UN and NATO, we need to pay a yearly fee, not support the stupid thing.

Because you deliberately misrepresented it. You made it sound like charity can make up for the poverty gap. Has it ever before? No. So why would it start now?

You seem to think that government stealing money from people and giving it to other people is a system that will work. Care to point to a single place on Earth, at any time where there was not poverty?

Forum List

Back