So when Trump's tax reform passes the Senate this afternoon...

Raising taxes increases investment because income is taxed,

I had to live to see someone with the itinerant temerity to claim that taking more money out of the economy from business owners leaves them somehow with more money left over to invest in other things to be more greatly taxed as well. Therefore, if we tax business at 100%, then they will have unlimited capital in order to invest!!! :cuckoo:

Yes, liberal idiocy concerning after tax earnings in particular and incentives in general is epic.

Sounds awful!How does it compare to the time before they cut the corporate rate?

No change compared to worldwide or US trends.

And where do they expand? A high tax jurisdiction or a low tax jurisdiction?

They expand wherever there's demand. Since they only pay taxes on profits, there's no reason not to expand. Unless the tax rate is 100%, which no one is proposing, corporations that expand to meet demand will be profitable, largely.

Democrats are the modern day snake oil sales people.

Trickle Down Economics
Trickle Down Economic
Trickle Down Economi
Trickle Down Econo
Trickle Down Econ
Trickle Down Eco
Trickle Down Ec
Trickle Down E
Trickle Down
Trickle Dow
Trickle Do
Trickle D
Trickle
Trickl
Trick

Sounds awful!How does it compare to the time before they cut the corporate rate?

And where do they expand? A high tax jurisdiction or a low tax jurisdiction?

They expand wherever there's demand. Since they only pay taxes on profits, there's no reason not to expand. Unless the tax rate is 100%, which no one is proposing, corporations that expand to meet demand will be profitable, largely.

Am I supposed to take your word for this claim?

They expand wherever there's demand.

Really? Because they need a physical presence in that area? Or could they expand elsewhere and ship?

Since they only pay taxes on profits, there's no reason not to expand.

And if this expansion could occur in a 35% rate jurisdiction or a 20% rate jurisdiction, how would they choose?

Democrats are the modern day snake oil sales people.

Trickle Down Economics
Trickle Down Economic
Trickle Down Economi
Trickle Down Econo
Trickle Down Econ
Trickle Down Eco
Trickle Down Ec
Trickle Down E
Trickle Down
Trickle Dow
Trickle Do
Trickle D
Trickle
Trickl
Trick

That's a good point, lying about cutting taxes is another example of Dem snake oil.

m I supposed to take your word for this claim?

You can just Google "Ireland unemployment rate" and you'll see that Ireland's unemployment always trends higher than ours, and even higher than the UK. This is just your way of avoiding the inconvenient truths of your shitty argument.

Really? Because they need a physical presence in that area? Or could they expand elsewhere and ship?

Either case, they have to expand to meet demand. Your stupid tax cuts do nothing to increase demand. Never have, never will. And if they're shipping, then the company that does the shipping expands too. In all of this, you've failed to articulate how a tax cut for corporations increases consumer demand.

And if this expansion could occur in a 35% rate jurisdiction or a 20% rate jurisdiction, how would they choose?

They would choose both if demand was there for both. I've never heard a company ever say, "no thanks, I don't want to make more profits".

You just don't know anything about economics or business, but that doesn't stop you from posturing like you do.

That's a good point, lying about cutting taxes is another example of Dem snake oil.

I haven't lied about tax cuts at all. You have...multiple times. You lied so poorly about tax cuts once that you literally cherry picked certain years and data sets to make your argument look credible when it wasn't. Then when confronted, you ran away. Because you're a pussy.

Tax reform should not pass until we can see how much Trump benefits from this personally

m I supposed to take your word for this claim?

You can just Google "Ireland unemployment rate" and you'll see that Ireland's unemployment always trends higher than ours, and even higher than the UK. This is just your way of avoiding the inconvenient truths of your shitty argument.

Either case, they have to expand to meet demand. Your stupid tax cuts do nothing to increase demand. Never have, never will. And if they're shipping, then the company that does the shipping expands too. In all of this, you've failed to articulate how a tax cut for corporations increases consumer demand.

They would choose both if demand was there for both. I've never heard a company ever say, "no thanks, I don't want to make more profits".

You just don't know anything about economics or business, but that doesn't stop you from posturing like you do.

You can just Google "Ireland unemployment rate" and you'll see that Ireland's unemployment always trends higher than ours,

That's awesome!!

It also has nothing to do with my claim. Scroll back and you'll realize your idiocy.

Either case, they have to expand to meet demand.

Yes, and they'll be expanding where the tax rate is much lower. So they'll pay less tax on their profit.
Because corporations prefer to pay less tax.

Your stupid tax cuts do nothing to increase demand.

When I collect more dividends I demand all kinds of stuff with them.

They would choose both if demand was there for both.

Who said there was enough demand to build 2 new plants?
1 new plant, where do they build? DURR!

I haven't lied about tax cuts at all. You have...multiple times. You lied so poorly about tax cuts once that you literally cherry picked certain years and data sets to make your argument look credible when it wasn't. Then when confronted, you ran away. Because you're a pussy.

I haven't lied about tax cuts at all.

Every time you say trickle down.....you lie.

It also has nothing to do with my claim. Scroll back and you'll realize your idiocy.

So now you're doing the trollish thing of pretending you said something you didn't, in an attempt to obfuscate the debate. My assertion was that Ireland's unemployment rate is higher than ours (true) and follows the overall global trend (also true). meaning these tax cuts did not bring the proposed growth you think. Also, what's Ireland's debt ratio today? It's higher than ours. But debt only matters to you when you're trying to make a shitty point. In any other instance, it's not even on your radar.

Yes, and they'll be expanding where the tax rate is much lower

NO! They're expanding where there is demand. Period. This is why Conservative economics always fails. You simply don't know how an economy grows.

So they'll pay less tax on their profit.

No, corporations prefer to make profit. Taxes are paid on income. A business will happily take a 35% tax rate if they're still making profits after it, which they will because you only pay taxes on profits.

You've never worked a day in your life, have you?

First of all, you're bullshitting about yourself.

Secondly, we already know the wealthy don't increase demand from a tax cut because they didn't when Bush cut their taxes 15 years ago. So since they didn't increase their "demand" 15 years ago, why would they increase their demand today?

The problem is that you didn't give any parameters in your shit scenario, so now you have to spend the rest of this thread walking it back and "clarifying" what you meant, when you didn't really mean anything at all. You were just trolling/flaming/spamming. If there was enough demand in both markets, maybe they build a plant in both markets. The problem with you is that you always leave things vague and ambiguous, and expect others to fill in the blanks for you. That's because you're lazy af.

So now you're doing the trollish thing of pretending you said something you didn't, in an attempt to obfuscate the debate. My assertion was that Ireland's unemployment rate is higher than ours (true) and follows the overall global trend (also true). meaning these tax cuts did not bring the proposed growth you think. Also, what's Ireland's debt ratio today? It's higher than ours. But debt only matters to you when you're trying to make a shitty point. In any other instance, it's not even on your radar.

Yes, and they'll be expanding where the tax rate is much lower

NO! They're expanding where there is demand. Period. This is why Conservative economics always fails. You simply don't know how an economy grows.

So they'll pay less tax on their profit.

No, corporations prefer to make profit. Taxes are paid on income. A business will happily take a 35% tax rate if they're still making profits after it, which they will because you only pay taxes on profits.

You've never worked a day in your life, have you?

First of all, you're bullshitting about yourself.

Secondly, we already know the wealthy don't increase demand from a tax cut because they didn't when Bush cut their taxes 15 years ago. So since they didn't increase their "demand" 15 years ago, why would they increase their demand today?

The problem is that you didn't give any parameters in your shit scenario, so now you have to spend the rest of this thread walking it back and "clarifying" what you meant, when you didn't really mean anything at all. You were just trolling/flaming/spamming. If there was enough demand in both markets, maybe they build a plant in both markets. The problem with you is that you always leave things vague and ambiguous, and expect others to fill in the blanks for you. That's because you're lazy af.

So now you're doing the trollish thing of pretending you said something you didn't

Ummm.....

Ireland's unemployment rate is higher than ours and was throughout Obama's term.

Sounds awful!
How does it compare to the time before they cut the corporate rate?

So when Trump's tax reform passes the Senate this afternoon...

Fucking moron.

My assertion was that Ireland's unemployment rate is higher than ours (true)

I'm not discussing US unemployment when I'm discussing Irish unemployment after Ireland cut their tax rate as compared to Irish unemployment before they cut their tax rate.

Fucking moron.

A business will happily take a 35% tax rate if they're still making profits after it, which they will because you only pay taxes on profits.

Except they expanded where the tax rate was 20%.
Because higher after tax profits are better than lower after tax profits.

Fucking moron.

Secondly, we already know the wealthy don't increase demand from a tax cut because they didn't when Bush cut their taxes 15 years ago.

You must have very detailed info about rich people to make such a claim. Post it.

The problem is that you didn't give any parameters in your shit scenario,

I did. A firm can build a plant where they'll pay 20% tax or one where they'll pay 35% tax.
You're the only one claiming they prefer to pay 35%.

Fucking moron.

Forum List

Back