So where's the price gouging?

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Went to a local Stop and Shop today.....I haven't been in there literally in years. I always avoided them because they were always the highest in the area for just about everything. Some thigs had changed but they still seem to hold the top spot for overcharging but then again they do have well paid Union labor there. How many of you are willing to pay 10 to 15% more to support Union Labor? I know I never think about that when I'm out food shopping. I look at the bottom line just like a corporation would do. Running a big family is very much like running a business.

So I got what I thought I needed but kept it to a minimum. Went down the street to Price Rite.... ( a new form of the larger chain Shop Rite ) and found the prices greatly reduced....I'm talking about 20 to 30%. It is not lost on me that Stop and Shop just closed three stores within ten miles of me while Price right just opened two more. Hmmm......so the store that wasn't careful about consumer sentiment lost out here. I admit I hate to see all those Union jobs go out the window ( about 200 per store I hear ) but hell......Price Rite took to the spot because the bags were bigger for the dollar amount than the Stop and Shop Bags. Obviously there was no price fixing going on here. I went further since I was now curious....to the Nearby Aldi supermarket. Once again I found that they had some better deals than Price rite ( I already knew this ) so I saved more money over there. Having said that my grocery bill is still about 30% higher for the same general basket of goods that I paid a few years ago.....but I see no evidence of industry wide fixing. In fact just the opposite.

JO

Last edited:
I am single so my weekly purchases are always the same... yet every time I go to the store it costs more for basically the same items.... I grabbed a chicken to roast and when I saw the lady ring it up I almost told her to take it off... ridiculous...
If any of you think Harris will fix this you deserve what you get...

I am single so my weekly purchases are always the same... yet every time I go to the store it costs more for basically the same items.... I grabbed a chicken to roast and when I saw the lady ring it up I almost told her to take it off... ridiculous...
Trump can't fix it since there was inflation on terlit paper and gasoline in 2020

Oh yes...the markets are paying more for their stock and therefore to keep their very slim margin of profit they need to get more.

Harris isn't going to fix shit. After these past three years with her and Biden, what have they ever fixed? At best, the little things they do here and there are all aimed at buying votes. And "price gouging" is not any issue anymore than the rich "not paying their fair share of taxes." Are you kidding me? Do you see the IRS after any of them for not meeting their legal requirements according to the tax code that Congress writes?

IT IS ALL A FUCKING SCAM--- both Price Gouging and Rich Paying Their Fair Share are both scams by politicians to paint people as the victims of private enterprise to hide the real cause of the problem: politicians over-spending driving up inflation!

And by using the rich as scapegoats making them pay more (they already pay the lion's share of taxes) or forcing some business to lower their already low profit margin, all this really does is eliminate jobs and increase the cost of products and services further which is then passed on to the consumer anyway. All of it to misdirect the stupid taxpayer into thinking that some mysterious force called "business" or "the rich" are ripping you off making you the victim of THEM instead of the actual cause--- the government.

LOL..... you just reminded me of actual fist fights I saw over toilet paper then.
In a nutshell, capitalism works, but America's brand of greedy capitalism doesn't. This board isn't a place to discuss such matters. Americans only want to spam and disrupt discussions and nobody is making any effort to clean it up.

China isn't having this problem, because their government won't allow it. They practice capitalism with a socially responsible attitude.

HInt: America needs to open its border.

In a nutshell, capitalism works, but America's brand of greedy capitalism doesn't. This board isn't a place to discuss such matters. Americans only want to spam and disrupt discussions and nobody is making any effort to clean it up.

China isn't having this problem, because their government won't allow it. They practice capitalism with a socially responsible attitude.

HInt: America needs to open its border.
Have you ever been to China?... talked to someone from China?... have you ever been to Xinjiang, and Guizhou?...
You don't know what you are talking about... do you know why there are no homeless camps in China?... because you get thrown in prison without a trial for being homeless...
1724936924237.png

1724936948843.png

Have you ever been to China?... talked to someone from China?... have you ever been to Xinjiang, and Guizhou?...
You don't know what you are talking about... do you know why there are no homeless camps in China?... because you get thrown in prison without a trial for being homeless...
View attachment 1003304
View attachment 1003305
People in China are industrious and that caused a surplus of homes.

People in China are industrious and that caused a surplus of homes.
Because homelessness in a felony people take each other in... some small homes are filled with dozens of working people...
The CCP goes through great lengths convincing people like you of exactly what you posted... they rig the internet and clean their image up... don't fall for it... you sound like Walz...

Forum List

Back