So Where's the Public Outrage and Front Page Stories?

I would have to say the owner of a basketball team is far less significant then a public political figure who cries about racism on a regular basis.:cuckoo:

He is a tv show host who spews nonsense for ratings and personal gain...no different than Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly. He doesn't control anything or have authority over anyone.

Thats bullshit. He a black activist against racism towards blacks. But he obviously has no problem when it comes to racism towards Jews.
And if you're trying to tell me you dont see the difference then you're either a liar or a complete moron. So which is it?

He is a social commentator...just like the rest of them. Every time Limbaugh spews nonsense, it isn't national news - same with Sharpton. And free pass...what do you want to happen?

He's a racist piece of shit. The media covers for him because he is black and liberal. Next!

But why? Why does being black and liberal merit a pass when any prominent person who isn't black or liberal can't say ANYTHING even slightly politically incorrect without being crucified in the court of public opinion?

Because it fits into the liberal agenda. White people and bad and oppressive. Black people need to be given affirmative action and other handouts because white people are so bad. And btw....didn't you know only white folks can be racist? :lol:

That's it. Unless you're a fan of the team or follow it, who even heard of Sterling prior to his racist remark flap? But it was front page news and the fodder of message boards and radio and television commentary for weeks.

Al Sharpton or others of his ilk can say anything as hateful or racist or politically correct as they want and the media just shrugs.

Why the double standard?

LOL, double standard? He is an insignificant cook that does the same thing over and over again. He is a laughing stock that isn't worthy of coverage.

What exactly do you want to happen? Do you want to censor Sharpton?

So when a guy that has nothing to do with being a race activist says something racist,it has more impact then a guy who made a name for himself decrying racism spouts out racist comments about Jews?
You're a fucken hypocrite and a liar.
Ok, I am a hypocrite and a liar...

Again, Sharpton is insignificant. He has an editorial news program on MSNBC. He spouts his opinion like the rest of them. He isn't a brand nor does he represent a brand like Sterling does with the NBA.

Of course, I am a hypocrite and liar because I disagree with you.

Again, do you think Al Sharpton is King of Black people? What do you want to happen? He is a moron, he spews nonsense all of the time and he is readily ignored by everyone but you and your ilk.

I would have to say the owner of a basketball team is far less significant then a public political figure who cries about racism on a regular basis.:cuckoo:

That's it. Unless you're a fan of the team or follow it, who even heard of Sterling prior to his racist remark flap? But it was front page news and the fodder of message boards and radio and television commentary for weeks.

Al Sharpton or others of his ilk can say anything as hateful or racist or politically correct as they want and the media just shrugs.

Why the double standard?

LOL, double standard? He is an insignificant cook that does the same thing over and over again. He is a laughing stock that isn't worthy of coverage.

Sharpton is a public figure. Sterling is a public figure. Both should be attacked and under the same degree of media attention and scrutiny. Sadly...they are not.

But why? Why does being black and liberal merit a pass when any prominent person who isn't black or liberal can't say ANYTHING even slightly politically incorrect without being crucified in the court of public opinion?

Maybe the 'pass' is because he just isn't that important. Maybe you are giving him more importance that the wider world does, than the media does. His role as a 'leader' of black America is not what you think it is: he isn't that important and doesn't speak for black America. He speaks for himself. It's like thinking Gloria Aldredge represents all women. She may think she does, but she doesn't. Sharpton may think he represents the black perspective, but he doesn't. So, often, he is just ignored.

More Bullshit...Then a basketball team owner is even less relevant then a black activist.
And the only reason he's suddenly become irrelevant is because he's just made a complete fool out of himself. And you clowns wont admit it.
And you wonder why race relations are in such a shambles. Go fuck yourselves you disingenuous pieces of shit.:fu:
You are the disingenuous piece of shit...Where have I said Sharpton is respectable or where have I agreed with anything he says. He spews nonsense. He is not a leader and he is not signficant. You are the only one making Sharpton significant, everyone else just ignores him and his nonsense.

Again, what do you want done.

Recently Al Sharpton made another racist comment and when questioned about it shrugged it off as just being about "it was only one Jew". In this obviously edited video to accuse/expose Sharpton, there is a montage of well publicized comments he has made in recent years. Any one of these would have provoked outrage and demands that heads role if it had been somebody else who said them.

Why does Sharpton get/deserve/merit a pass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MlUtZ5F_Mk

Because he is irrelevant?

What would make Sharpton, former congressman, host of his own show on MSNBC, published author, and prominent black activist and household name known to pretty much everybody in the country less relevant than a Sterling that most of us had never even heard of until his girlfriend recorded a private conversation?

Not owning a sports team where 90% plus of his employees are white.

Last edited:

Why the double standard?

Sharpton is a public figure. Sterling is a public figure. Both should be attacked and under the same degree of media attention and scrutiny. Sadly...they are not.

Sharpton is not a public figure...he is a TV show host and opportunist who spews nonsense for opportunity and ratings. Again, you guys are making him significant...I could care less about Sharpton. He is what he is and has defined himself over and over.

As for attacked at the same degree of scrutiny...every thread on this forum refers to Sharpton and his racism...EVERY THREAD. Fox news mentions Sharpton at least once a day and the conservative talk shows destroy him every chance they get. Hell, the right demonizes Sharpton more than they do Obama. How is that not scrutiny?

As for the comparison to Sterling, that is apples to oranges! What brand does Sharpton represent outside of his own? His fame is based on his nonsense, whether liked or not.

Funny....no concern expressed regarding Sharpton's blatant racism and anti-semitism. It's either defending him or claiming it doesn't matter.

Go figure, right? :neutral:

Sharpton is the boogeyman conservatives seem to froth over. Its amusing to see people really believe he represents or is the leader of all Black people. :lol:

Funny....no concern expressed regarding Sharpton's blatant racism and anti-semitism. It's either defending him or claiming it doesn't matter.

Nada, none, zero, zilch. No one is listening to him except you clowns.

I guess it is about the same as your concern with racism and anti-semitism by white people. You want blacks to yell and scream like you about Sharpton, but you won't do the same when there is an example of a white racist. Why the double standard? Why do you coddle Matthew, Shootspeeders and the rest of the pussy brigade when they spew racist nonsense? It's either defending them, supporting them, agreeing with them or claiming it doesn't matter.

The better question, why are you infatuated with Al Sharpton. Why do you put him on such a pedestal and take him so seriously? Sharpton is insignificant, but the way you portray him, you would think he were the king of the world.
There is this guy named Sterling......

I guess it is about the same as your concern with racism and anti-semitism by white people. You want blacks to yell and scream like you about Sharpton, but you won't do the same when there is an example of a white racist. Why the double standard? Why do you coddle Matthew, Shootspeeders and the rest of the pussy brigade when they spew racist nonsense? It's either defending them, supporting them, agreeing with them or claiming it doesn't matter.

You gave me a rep for nailing one of the bigots on this board. Bigots should all be denounced equally...regardless of the color of their skin. Sharpton is a piece of shit. Why waste time defending him?

Sharpton is the boogeyman conservatives seem to froth over. Its amusing to see people really believe he represents or is the leader of all Black people. :lol:

What is funny, no matter how many times we say he is an idiot who spews nonsense, these pseudo-conservatives still say we are supporting Sharpton and they still continue with the personal attacks.

They want us to condemn this idiot, which we have done...but I guess that is not good enough. Ironic that these same people won't condemn blatant racism against minorities on this forum but they demand we condemn Sharpton (which we have) over and over and over again.

Like I said, USMB is the new stormfront

The better question, why are you infatuated with Al Sharpton. Why do you put him on such a pedestal and take him so seriously? Sharpton is insignificant, but the way you portray him, you would think he were the king of the world.
There is this guy named Sterling......

Who is racist and owns a business where 90% of his employees are black......

What is funny, no matter how many times we say he is an idiot who spews nonsense, these pseudo-conservatives still say we are supporting Sharpton and they still continue with the personal attacks.

They want us to condemn this idiot, which we have done...but I guess that is not good enough. Ironic that these same people won't condemn blatant racism against minorities on this forum but they demand we condemn Sharpton (which we have) over and over and over again.

Frankly I dont care what they think. i wont condemn him just to spite their dumb asses.

Okay..so is Sharpton a racist and a bigot? Yes or no?

You gave me a rep for nailing one of the bigots on this board. Bigots should all be denounced equally...regardless of the color of their skin. Sharpton is a piece of shit. Why waste time defending him?

Its fun seeing you squirm over him and he is irrelevant.

Okay..so is Sharpton a racist and a bigot? Yes or no?

Why is that important to you?

No one is defending Sharpton...I am just wondering why you people are giving him so much credibility. He is an idiot who spews nonsense for personal gain. He is an entertainer who has learned how to use race to his advantage. It is shameful, but he has no authority, he is NOT a leader and he has been defined.

So i guess the next time we see a racist thread, all of you will denounce the OP...right? Or, as I asked earlier, is it a double standard?

Forum List

Back