So Where's the Public Outrage and Front Page Stories?

What is funny, no matter how many times we say he is an idiot who spews nonsense, these pseudo-conservatives still say we are supporting Sharpton and they still continue with the personal attacks.

They want us to condemn this idiot, which we have done...but I guess that is not good enough. Ironic that these same people won't condemn blatant racism against minorities on this forum but they demand we condemn Sharpton (which we have) over and over and over again.

Like I said, USMB is the new stormfront

Okay..so is Sharpton a racist and a bigot? Yes or no?

Why is that important to you?

So that's a no. Got it.

I would have to say the owner of a basketball team is far less significant then a public political figure who cries about racism on a regular basis.:cuckoo:

That's it. Unless you're a fan of the team or follow it, who even heard of Sterling prior to his racist remark flap? But it was front page news and the fodder of message boards and radio and television commentary for weeks.

Al Sharpton or others of his ilk can say anything as hateful or racist or politically correct as they want and the media just shrugs.

Why the double standard?

While there may be a double standard at times, I think it's actually more a matter of the seemingly random nature of what becomes a big story. It's not as though every rich white guy who makes racist or bigoted comments becomes a big media story. Why did it happen with Sterling? I don't know. Why did Tim Tebow become such a polarizing figure while someone like Kurt Warner, also an NFL quarterback and also very vocal about his Christian faith, did not? The vagaries of media are tough to understand.

Sharpton is, from everything I've heard of the man, a race-baiting ass. However, he's also well known for that. Perhaps in the case of someone like Sterling, it is because he wasn't well known that his story became big news? People expect Sharpton to say stupid, bigoted things. People didn't know Sterling in large part, so his comments were unexpected.

Exactly. The media will play what sells, and some people just sell better than others, the same way some are more photogenic than others. Sterling, in this case, "sold" better than Sharpton, the element of surprise being a big factor. You expect gadfly clown statements from a gadfly clown, which is all Sharpton has ever been. You don't expect it from an NBA owner. Hence, a media sale.

Limblob still goes on the air demeaning women, and unless it gurgles into a three-day slut rant, it's not news any more. It once was, but we expect it now. That's why he had to escalate to a three-day slut rant; because the previous level would no longer sell. We get desensitized when we hear the same old thing.

Sharpton is the boogeyman conservatives seem to froth over. Its amusing to see people really believe he represents or is the leader of all Black people. :lol:

What is funny, no matter how many times we say he is an idiot who spews nonsense, these pseudo-conservatives still say we are supporting Sharpton and they still continue with the personal attacks.

They want us to condemn this idiot, which we have done...but I guess that is not good enough. Ironic that these same people won't condemn blatant racism against minorities on this forum but they demand we condemn Sharpton (which we have) over and over and over again.

Okay..so is Sharpton a racist and a bigot? Yes or no?

Without a doubt, he is an Anti-semitic asswipe.

I guess it is about the same as your concern with racism and anti-semitism by white people. You want blacks to yell and scream like you about Sharpton, but you won't do the same when there is an example of a white racist. Why the double standard? Why do you coddle Matthew, Shootspeeders and the rest of the pussy brigade when they spew racist nonsense? It's either defending them, supporting them, agreeing with them or claiming it doesn't matter.

You gave me a rep for nailing one of the bigots on this board. Bigots should all be denounced equally...regardless of the color of their skin. Sharpton is a piece of shit. Why waste time defending him?

No one is defending Sharpton...I am just wondering why you people are giving him so much credibility. He is an idiot who spews nonsense for personal gain. He is an entertainer who has learned how to use race to his advantage. It is shameful, but he has no authority, he is NOT a leader and he has been defined.

So i guess the next time we see a racist thread, all of you will denounce the OP...right? Or, as I asked earlier, is it a double standard?

Because it's a fucking double standard. Sterling is a moron and an idiot. He is getting what he deserves. Why isn't the racist asshole Sharpton?

I do not pay any attention to Al Sharpton. He is a race profiteer. It is unfortunate that Blacks in America have sub-standard representation in government because most House districts that are predominatly Black have big government liberals representing them and that leads to more government dependancy. People like Al Sharpton and the "screamer" Shelia Jackson Lee get a free pass because Democratic left wants the Black vote in November. Black politicians and mmedia types always play the victim card. You live in the USA. Word hard and succeed...or wallow in your own anger and fail.

I do not pay any attention to Al Sharpton. He is a race profiteer. It is unfortunate that Blacks in America have sub-standard representation in government because most House districts that are predominatly Black have big government liberals representing them and that leads to more government dependancy. People like Al Sharpton and the "screamer" Shelia Jackson Lee get a free pass because Democratic left wants the Black vote in November. Black politicians and mmedia types always play the victim card. You live in the USA. Word hard and succeed...or wallow in your own anger and fail.

You should not have to work harder than a white person to ge the same result. Thats what pisses off Black people.

You gave me a rep for nailing one of the bigots on this board. Bigots should all be denounced equally...regardless of the color of their skin. Sharpton is a piece of shit. Why waste time defending him?

No one is defending Sharpton...I am just wondering why you people are giving him so much credibility. He is an idiot who spews nonsense for personal gain. He is an entertainer who has learned how to use race to his advantage. It is shameful, but he has no authority, he is NOT a leader and he has been defined.

So i guess the next time we see a racist thread, all of you will denounce the OP...right? Or, as I asked earlier, is it a double standard?

Because it's a fucking double standard. Sterling is a moron and an idiot. He is getting what he deserves. Why isn't the racist asshole Sharpton?

Because he doesnt own a team and no one cares.

The quickest way to ending the left's victimization politics would be to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It is no longer needed. As a society we have grown beyond its usefulness. Let the free market run its course. If a Black owner of a cafe does not want to serve whites...so be it. You can work the formula any racial way you want. But bottom line is that the racist owner will lose the business of those they do not serve. Racism is not practical in the context of a business model or a social model.

The quickest way to ending the left's victimization politics would be to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It is no longer needed. As a society we have grown beyond its usefulness. Let the free market run its course. If a Black owner of a cafe does not want to serve whites...so be it. You can work the formula any racial way you want. But bottom line is that the racist owner will lose the business of those they do not serve. Racism is not practical in the context of a business model or a social model.

Typically the scenario was the other way around. White owners discriminated against Blacks. Again thats the whole reason for Civil Rights. Do you think people were just imagining this and wrote a constitutional amendment?

The playing field is level. Also, the Civil Rights Act was not an Amendment. that being said, I acknowledged that in its time it was necessary. It was an emergency measure, much like FDR's WPA or CCC program. We do not have these programs today because the history and economy has changed. Often it may take a generation to change and level the playing field. We tried that with affirmative action and LBJ's Great Society fiasco. Just creates more government dependancy. Success gained on ones own merit and hard work is a much greater reward than being placed 10 yards from the finish line by Uncle Sam.

The playing field is level. Also, the Civil Rights Act was not an Amendment. that being said, I acknowledged that in its time it was necessary. It was an emergency measure, much like FDR's WPA or CCC program. We do not have these programs today because the history and economy has changed. Often it may take a generation to change and level the playing field. We tried that with affirmative action and LBJ's Great Society fiasco. Just creates more government dependancy. Success gained on ones own merit and hard work is a much greater reward than being placed 10 yards from the finish line by Uncle Sam.

No the playing field is not level. Where are you getting your data or is this just a best guess? For 200 plus years white men were placed on the 10 yard line here in the US. Why should the same placement not be afforded to level the playing field now?

Sharpton is the boogeyman conservatives seem to froth over. Its amusing to see people really believe he represents or is the leader of all Black people. :lol:

of "blatant" racists on these forums who are just over-the-top Stormfront haters and don't care who knows it. Lately I've been reacting to this group by shoving the hate back in their faces. Childish probably but when there is no hope of rational dialogue, hey, at least I get the satisfaction of relieving some small amout of frustration. And as you point out there is a large number of self styled "conservatives" interacting in the threads and very seldom if ever condemning the poison spewing from the jackals. They more often that not enable the haters by parsing out quips of "takers vs makers" or "black on white violence" or a hundred other code phrases that the jackals feast on. Honest conservatives (a guy like Starkey e.g.) are few and far between and the others acquiescence is a large part of the problem and contributes nothing to dialogues on very real racial tensions. Maybe the most maddening of all are those who take the position that racism doesn't actually exist anymore, it's an historical artifact from "long ago."

Funny....no concern expressed regarding Sharpton's blatant racism and anti-semitism. It's either defending him or claiming it doesn't matter.

Go figure, right? :neutral:

Nada, none, zero, zilch. No one is listening to him except you clowns.

My purpose was not to elevate Sharpton, but I did make an error in an earlier post in this thread. Sharpton was ever a Congressman--I was thinking of Rangel when I posted that. But Sharpton is a former Senate and Presidential candidate, has been the subject of federal investigations, does host his own TV show on MSNBC, and is PROMINENTLY featured in all media every time he rushes to the cameras to lead a protest against somebody somewhere who said or did anything that could even possibly be labeled 'racist'. He is on the front pages almost as much as Obama.

So to say that he is a nobody that anybody with any sense would pay no attention to him just isn't a credible characterization of him.

So the question remains. If a Don Imus can be destroyed for an innocent quip about 'nappy headed hos'; if the PC police can descend on a Rush Limbaugh for poorly chosen words to denounce a political activist testifying before Congress; if the PC police can descend on the CEO of Chic-fil-a for no offense other than support of traditional marriage; if the PC police can descend on a Duck Dynasty star for no offense other than saying what he thinks the Bible says; if a Don Sterling can be destroyed because his girlfriend taped a conversation meant to stay between the two of them. . . .

. . . .then where is the similar outrage demanding that an Al Sharpton be punished for repeated racist remarks?

Funny....no concern expressed regarding Sharpton's blatant racism and anti-semitism. It's either defending him or claiming it doesn't matter.

Go figure, right? :neutral:

Nada, none, zero, zilch. No one is listening to him except you clowns.

My purpose was not to elevate Sharpton, but I did make an error in an earlier post in this thread. Sharpton was ever a Congressman--I was thinking of Rangel when I posted that. But Sharpton is a former Senate and Presidential candidate, has been the subject of federal investigations, does host his own TV show on MSNBC, and is PROMINENTLY featured in all media every time he rushes to the cameras to lead a protest against somebody somewhere who said or did anything that could even possibly be labeled 'racist'. He is on the front pages almost as much as Obama.

So to say that he is a nobody that anybody with any sense would pay no attention to him just isn't a credible characterization of him.

So the question remains. If a Don Imus can be destroyed for an innocent quip about 'nappy headed hos'; if the PC police can descend on a Rush Limbaugh for poorly chosen words to denounce a political activist testifying before Congress; if the PC police can descend on the CEO of Chic-fil-a for no offense other than support of traditional marriage; if the PC police can descend on a Duck Dynasty star for no offense other than saying what he thinks the Bible says; if a Don Sterling can be destroyed because his girlfriend taped a conversation meant to stay between the two of them. . . .

. . . .then where is the similar outrage demanding that an Al Sharpton be punished for repeated racist remarks?

You are missing the fact that no one listens to Sharpton except conservatives. No matter what someone has done in the past, people are only concerned about the latest. Sharpton has talked himself into irrelevance as far as the Black community goes. I agree with him on somethings but most of what he says is over the top nonsense. None of the people you listed have been destroyed. What exactly is it that Sharpton has evaded?

He is a tv show host who spews nonsense for ratings and personal gain...no different than Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly. He doesn't control anything or have authority over anyone.

Thats bullshit. He a black activist against racism towards blacks. But he obviously has no problem when it comes to racism towards Jews.
And if you're trying to tell me you dont see the difference then you're either a liar or a complete moron. So which is it?

He is a social commentator...just like the rest of them. Every time Limbaugh spews nonsense, it isn't national news - same with Sharpton. And free pass...what do you want to happen?

I want the left wing media and the black community and all you left wing cock suckers to give sharpton the same treatment you gave Donald Sterling.
If you dont then you have zero right to complain about racism PERIOD.
It's attitude like this that makes things worse. It's a double standard pure and simple and it is so in your face obvious I would expect some backlash. Go ahead and keep it up because it shows your true agenda.

Forum List

Back