So Why Is Israel Allowed To Possess Chemical And Nuclear Weapons?...

"The Middle East nuclear weapon free zone (MENWFZ) is a proposed agreement similar to othernuclear-weapon-free zones in other regions. Steps towards the establishment of such a zone began in the 1960s led to a joint declaration by Egypt and Iran in 1974 which resulted in a General Assembly resolution (broadened in 1990 to cover weapons of mass destruction).[citation needed]

"Such a zone would strengthen the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), would help to promote global nuclear disarmament and would also help the Middle East peace process as substantial confidence-building measures.[1]

"Israel is the only Mideast country believed to have a nuclear arsenal..."
Obviously, there is more money in war than in peace across the Middle East, and that fact probably won't change based on whether you vote Republican OR Democrat next November.

In all likely hood, Israel was created as a Jewish state to enhance war and oil profits in that part of the world.

Middle East nuclear weapon free zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting. Israel hasn't ratified that Treaty either.
Israel has a long-standing policy of "ambiguity" when dealing with its nuclear stockpile; I suppose plausible deniability factors in somewhere? I've read account of primitive Jewish nuclear weapons on flat bed trucks rushing towards the Egyptian front in '67.
I've read accounts of a certain Spanish gentleman tilting at windmills, hobbits running rampant with a ring of power and little ladies falling down rabbit holes also.........
"Israel is widely believed to possess nuclear weapons[7][8] and to be the sixth country in the world to have developed them, allegedly having built its first nuclear weapon in December 1966.[1][9] It is one of four nuclear-armed countries not recognized as a Nuclear Weapons State by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), the others being India, Pakistan andNorth Korea.[10] Israel maintains a policy known as "nuclear ambiguity" (also known as "nuclear opacity").[11][12]"
Nuclear weapons and Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Never went to an accredited university, didja....... Wikipedia is not an acceptable source due to the fact it's content is user contributed hence unreliable.
Canya convince me you know more than Wikipedia?

Interesting. Israel hasn't ratified that Treaty either.
Israel has a long-standing policy of "ambiguity" when dealing with its nuclear stockpile; I suppose plausible deniability factors in somewhere? I've read account of primitive Jewish nuclear weapons on flat bed trucks rushing towards the Egyptian front in '67.
I've read accounts of a certain Spanish gentleman tilting at windmills, hobbits running rampant with a ring of power and little ladies falling down rabbit holes also.........
"Israel is widely believed to possess nuclear weapons[7][8] and to be the sixth country in the world to have developed them, allegedly having built its first nuclear weapon in December 1966.[1][9] It is one of four nuclear-armed countries not recognized as a Nuclear Weapons State by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), the others being India, Pakistan andNorth Korea.[10] Israel maintains a policy known as "nuclear ambiguity" (also known as "nuclear opacity").[11][12]"
Nuclear weapons and Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Never went to an accredited university, didja....... Wikipedia is not an acceptable source due to the fact it's content is user contributed hence unreliable.
Canya convince me you know more than Wikipedia?
Can you convince me the Wikipedia article is true?

Now before some of you brand me an 'Evil Antisemite', just hear me out. This is an issue hardly discussed in the U.S. We all know about the lengths the U.S. and West are going to keep Nukes out of the hands of nations in the Middle East. And that the U.S. was all set to go to war with Syria for possessing chemical weapons.

However, Syria has signed and ratified the Chemical Weapons Ban Treaty. While Israel is actually one of the few nations on earth that hasn't ratified the Treaty. It also hasn't signed on to other Treaties pertaining to arms. So why the double standard U.S. policy in regards to Israel? Just interested in hearing what you all think. Thanks.

Israel is a responsible nation....the muslim nations are run by dictators who sponsor terrorism around the world..........

Like Saudi Arabia? Our 'Good Friend?'

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like Israel controls and dictates our foreign policy pertaining to the Middle East?

Now before some of you brand me an 'Evil Antisemite', just hear me out. This is an issue hardly discussed in the U.S. We all know about the lengths the U.S. and West are going to keep Nukes out of the hands of nations in the Middle East. And that the U.S. was all set to go to war with Syria for possessing chemical weapons.

However, Syria has signed and ratified the Chemical Weapons Ban Treaty. While Israel is actually one of the few nations on earth that hasn't ratified the Treaty. It also hasn't signed on to other Treaties pertaining to arms. So why the double standard U.S. policy in regards to Israel? Just interested in hearing what you all think. Thanks.
Neg reps. We cant do that can we? Israel is pro west and doesn't crash planes into Manhattan and stone people to death. Islam...Neg reps not allowed here. I get it. Why?

'Neg reps' for questioning why Israel hasn't ratified Treaties that most civilized nations in the world have ratified? Really??

Neg reps. We cant do that can we? Israel is pro west and doesn't crash planes into Manhattan and stone people to death. Islam...Neg reps not allowed here. I get it. Why?

'Neg reps' for questioning why Israel hasn't ratified Treaties that most civilized nations in the world have ratified? Really??

What about the uncivilized ones that ratified it.....and cheated on it?

So refusing to ratify these Treaties is somehow 'taking the higher ground' to you? Seems like a pretty desperate attempt at rationalizing the situation.

So refusing to ratify these Treaties is somehow 'taking the higher ground' to you? Seems like a pretty desperate attempt at rationalizing the situation.

No, ratifying and cheating is the higher ground. Durr.

So why is it you and the U.S. Government don't have a problem with Israel not ratifying these agreements?

So why is it you and the U.S. Government don't have a problem with Israel not ratifying these agreements?

What is gained if they ratify?

What is gained by the U.S., Syria, Iran, and others ratifying them?

Since Syria and Iran cheat, I don't see much gain.
What gain do you see?

What gain do you see?

The U.S. has ratified these agreements as well. So why not Israel?

What gain do you see?

Were you worried about the US building a stockpile of chemical weapons?

What gain do you see?

Possibly. But regardless, the U.S. decided ratifying these agreements was the right thing to do. So what's going on with Israel?

What gain do you see?

Possibly. But regardless, the U.S. decided ratifying these agreements was the right thing to do. So what's going on with Israel?

Possibly.

You were worried that without this treaty, the US would build a stockpile of chemical weapons?
You've seen both Syria and Iran cheated on their treaty obligations.
What was the benefit again?

What gain do you see?

Possibly.

You were worried that without this treaty, the US would build a stockpile of chemical weapons?

You have not proven they've cheated on anything. You're just spewing Warmongering hype.

What gain do you see?

Possibly.

You have not proven they've cheated on anything. You're just spewing Warmongering hype.

Syria, with Russia's help, destroyed their chemical weapons, to stop Obama from attacking.
Did you forget that already?

Destruction of Syria's chemical weapons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How could Syria have chemical weapons stockpiles when they signed a treaty saying they wouldn't?

Possibly.

Syria, with Russia's help, destroyed their chemical weapons, to stop Obama from attacking.

How could Syria have chemical weapons stockpiles when they signed a treaty saying they wouldn't?

They ratified the Treaty, as most other nations in the world have. Yet you have a bigger problem with them, than you do with Israel, who refuses to ratify it. Not gettin where you're coming from.

Possibly.

They ratified the Treaty, as most other nations in the world have. Yet you have a bigger problem with them, than you do with Israel, who refuses to ratify it. Not gettin where you're coming from.

They ratified the Treaty, as most other nations in the world have.

Yes, Syria ratified the treaty. Then they violated it by manufacturing and stockpiling chemical weapons.
What was the benefit to getting Syria to sign the treaty?

as most other nations in the world have.

Yes, as the US did. Do you really think we'd have chemical weapons if we hadn't signed the treaty? Why?

Forum List

Back