🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So why is Obama insulting 96.5% of Americans...

Most Americans do not want Roe v Wade overturned. You are an idiot.

Funny how you always get things wrong.

It's a fact. Look it up.

Nah...just lookit here

wwl559ah7es7uovylh7m8q.gif

while courting 3.5% of Americans???

According to a Williams Institute review conducted in April 2011, approximately 3.5% of American adults identify themselves as lesbian, gay or bisexual, while 0.3% are transgender—which would correspond to approximately 11.7 million Americans as of the 2010 Census.
LGBT demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If Obama is so smart why other then campaign donations payback is this attention to gay issues?

America has spoken and rejected you losers, now get off the stage the sideshow is over. Get back into your cheap seats:eusa_whistle:

A restricted access to abortion is by definition access to abortion.

Not according to the pro abortion crowd.

Still believe there is not tax penalty for marriage?

When you are married you have the option of filing as a married couple or two singles. I always found filing as married was much cheaper

What is the tax penalty?

You always have personal experiences that contradict reality, why is that?

There are a thousand cash and prizes in the federal law which benefit married people, not just married tax returns. That you are ignorant of this suggests you either have a very bizarre case of selective awareness, or are being deliberately obtuse.

A thousand cash prizes? Really?

You should be able to name at least 10% of them.

Here's the entire list from the GAO...you can view at your leisure.

GAO-04-353R Defense of Marriage Act

Among them are:

Tax Benefits
  • Filing joint income tax returns with the IRS and state taxing authorities.
  • Creating a "family partnership" under federal tax laws, which allows you to divide business income among family members.

Estate Planning Benefits
  • Inheriting a share of your spouse's estate.
  • Receiving an exemption from both estate taxes and gift taxes for all property you give or leave to your spouse.
  • Creating life estate trusts that are restricted to married couples, including QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, and marital deduction trusts.
  • Obtaining priority if a conservator needs to be appointed for your spouse -- that is, someone to make financial and/or medical decisions on your spouse's behalf.

Government Benefits
  • Receiving Social Security, Medicare, and disability benefits for spouses.
  • Receiving veterans' and military benefits for spouses, such as those for education, medical care, or special loans.
  • Receiving public assistance benefits.
  • Employment Benefits
  • Obtaining insurance benefits through a spouse's employer.
  • Taking family leave to care for your spouse during an illness.
  • Receiving wages, workers' compensation, and retirement plan benefits for a deceased spouse.
  • Taking bereavement leave if your spouse or one of your spouse's close relatives dies.

Medical Benefits
  • Visiting your spouse in a hospital intensive care unit or during restricted visiting hours in other parts of a medical facility.
  • Making medical decisions for your spouse if he or she becomes incapacitated and unable to express wishes for treatment.
  • Death Benefits
  • Consenting to after-death examinations and procedures.
  • Making burial or other final arrangements.

Family Benefits
  • Filing for stepparent or joint adoption.
  • Applying for joint foster care rights.
  • Receiving equitable division of property if you divorce.
  • Receiving spousal or child support, child custody, and visitation if you divorce.
  • Housing Benefits
  • Living in neighborhoods zoned for "families only."
  • Automatically renewing leases signed by your spouse.

More at: Marriage Rights and Benefits. NOLO

I don't see any cash prizes anywhere, can you tell me which of the 18 pages has the list?

The problem for conservatives is that the "God hates fags" crowd is losing influence. More people meet gays in their daily lives and do not consider them to be evil
More and more Americans look at it as an issue of fairness

Which is why Obama supports fair and equal rights for gays--because that is what the majority of Americans want. He isn't 'courting' the gay vote, he is doing what the majority of Americans want.

Wrong.

Most states with gay marriage on the ballot voted it down.

haha that would imply that the government (even state governments) are a representation of the people. If you still believe that you are living in the dark... our government represents corporations and bankers...

It depends on whether your spouse works and their income combined with yours puts you in a different bracket. My spouse does not work. There is a decided advantage to our filing joint Federal taxes.

I would suggest you not make any mistakes on your tax returns, I would hate for your wife to end up in prison because you can't do math.

Wait, she can't because federal law covering spousal liability doesn't apply to same sex couples.

while courting 3.5% of Americans???

According to a Williams Institute review conducted in April 2011, approximately 3.5% of American adults identify themselves as lesbian, gay or bisexual, while 0.3% are transgender—which would correspond to approximately 11.7 million Americans as of the 2010 Census.
LGBT demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If Obama is so smart why other then campaign donations payback is this attention to gay issues?

He does it just to piss people like you off... because it is quite easy. Just threaten to allow gays to marry, and abortion to be legal, and you idiots go up in flames :lol::lol:

It's a fact. Look it up.

Nah...just lookit here

wwl559ah7es7uovylh7m8q.gif

Windbag is demented. He denies irrefutable facts because the part of his brain that processes that sort information is apparently fried.

What irrefutable facts?

Here is what I said when you spouted off about people not wanting to overturn Roe v Wade.

Not according to the pro abortion crowd.

That, for the record was in response to the statement that restrictions on abortion are the same as access to abortion.

Like I said, funny how you always get things wrong. Nothing I said would lead any reasonably intelligent person to think that I said anything about overturning Roe v Wade.

You really should pay attention.

It depends on whether your spouse works and their income combined with yours puts you in a different bracket. My spouse does not work. There is a decided advantage to our filing joint Federal taxes.

I would suggest you not make any mistakes on your tax returns, I would hate for your wife to end up in prison because you can't do math.

Wait, she can't because federal law covering spousal liability doesn't apply to same sex couples.

It does if she signed the return

What? Is that supposed to be a response? No, I can't currently file joint Federal taxes with my spouse. We have to file joint CA taxes and separate Federal. Next year we will be filing joint taxes because DOMA will be repealed.

This will decrease our tax burden because my spouse doesn't work.

A thousand cash prizes? Really?

You should be able to name at least 10% of them.

Here's the entire list from the GAO...you can view at your leisure.

GAO-04-353R Defense of Marriage Act

Among them are:

Tax Benefits
  • Filing joint income tax returns with the IRS and state taxing authorities.
  • Creating a "family partnership" under federal tax laws, which allows you to divide business income among family members.

Estate Planning Benefits
  • Inheriting a share of your spouse's estate.
  • Receiving an exemption from both estate taxes and gift taxes for all property you give or leave to your spouse.
  • Creating life estate trusts that are restricted to married couples, including QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, and marital deduction trusts.
  • Obtaining priority if a conservator needs to be appointed for your spouse -- that is, someone to make financial and/or medical decisions on your spouse's behalf.

Government Benefits
  • Receiving Social Security, Medicare, and disability benefits for spouses.
  • Receiving veterans' and military benefits for spouses, such as those for education, medical care, or special loans.
  • Receiving public assistance benefits.
  • Employment Benefits
  • Obtaining insurance benefits through a spouse's employer.
  • Taking family leave to care for your spouse during an illness.
  • Receiving wages, workers' compensation, and retirement plan benefits for a deceased spouse.
  • Taking bereavement leave if your spouse or one of your spouse's close relatives dies.

Medical Benefits
  • Visiting your spouse in a hospital intensive care unit or during restricted visiting hours in other parts of a medical facility.
  • Making medical decisions for your spouse if he or she becomes incapacitated and unable to express wishes for treatment.
  • Death Benefits
  • Consenting to after-death examinations and procedures.
  • Making burial or other final arrangements.

Family Benefits
  • Filing for stepparent or joint adoption.
  • Applying for joint foster care rights.
  • Receiving equitable division of property if you divorce.
  • Receiving spousal or child support, child custody, and visitation if you divorce.
  • Housing Benefits
  • Living in neighborhoods zoned for "families only."
  • Automatically renewing leases signed by your spouse.

More at: Marriage Rights and Benefits. NOLO

I don't see any cash prizes anywhere, can you tell me which of the 18 pages has the list?

There's none so blind as those who will not see...

I have no need to look up anything, I actually pay attention.

Another poster already proved you're full of shit.

All she proved is that she wasn't paying attention either.

I see...you're the only one paying attention, is that it? And of course, instead of sharing this insider information you think you have, you'll just keep coming back with pithy responses. Let's break this down...

The claim was made that Americans don't want to overturn Roe v Wade. You said that claim was false. Evidence was provided that proved a majority of Americans do not want to overturn Roe v Wade and now you claim that means we aren't paying attention with no evidence to support your claim.

You're just full of shit up to the eyeballs aren't you?

Forum List

Back