So yeah... why can I only upload an image in a private message, not anywhere else o n the board.

If you click on the ''instert image'' icon in the text editor UI you can still ''drop image'' from your own local storage.

Isn't that effectively the same as ''attaching'' a photo?

999_2525b2daf783c22a47eba14faa106d90b4e35f87.jpg

And you can still attach a video through the text editor UI...

I've been uploading to a free image hosting service and then bookmarking the picture reference.

It seems to go faster and less problems that way. :dunno:

It wasn't always like that, but it is now.

There was a crackdown on the size of GIFs a while back.

It went from like double digits to 3. I'm thinking 3mb is the image size limit you can upload now.

Somebody try a 3.1mb file and let me know how it goes! :04:

Last edited:
Somebody try a 3.1mb file and let me know how it goes! :04:

That video I uploaded is 12.6 mb.

I don't think it got compressed when I attached/uploaded it.

As an aside, I think that there is likely an (administrator disabled) option for the usership to access and manage/delete their own previous uploads of pictures, videos, PDFs or whatever else.

I would think that at least there should be that option built into the forum software (regardless of whether it's been disabled by an admin or not)

Last edited:
Works like normal using CHROME. It has never worked using Microsoft EDGE browser. Hope this helps. I use CRTL-C.......CRTL-V all the time. I am old fashioned keyboard user who gets carpal tunnel from the switch to mouse in the 90s' by the PC people.

1718376102229.jpeg

and again. anytime I want...as long as I start USMB using CHROME....maybe other like BRAVE?

I am watching you leftist puke.

1718376332825.jpeg

For those of you where it isn't working.. do you get an error? What skin are you using?

Seems to be working fine for me.

Attachments

• gxotm-128.png
    gxotm-128.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 1
For those of you where it isn't working.. do you get an error? What skin are you using?

Seems to be working fine for me.

It still doesn't work if I change the skin.
The only way it works now is if I click the "Insert Image" icon rather than click "Attach files".
If I click "Attach Files" the image attaches, but the "Insert Thumbnail/Full Image does nothing.

It still doesn't work if I change the skin.
The only way it works now is if I click the "Insert Image" icon rather than click "Attach files".
If I click "Attach Files" the image attaches, but the "Insert Thumbnail/Full Image does nothing.

I'm seeing that behaviour as well on the Edge Small Fonts skin. I'll look into it.

Attachments

• 444925299_10161415885271153_4197090986212544016_n.jpg
    444925299_10161415885271153_4197090986212544016_n.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 1
I don't get any error message, it just won't work when I use attach files and then try to insert image. Oh and I'm using the new skin.

Forum List

Back