So, you'd like to prevent another Newtown shooting...

these two cases in reality I have brought you preove beyond any shadow of the doubt that more reloading saves lives.

why do you people keep lying about it?

How will your laws stop criminals from obtaining illegal weapons and/or accessories on the black market??

Be specific.

You know.. just like drug laws prevent drugs.. and liquor laws prevent moonshining.. and murder laws prevent murders... and speeding laws prevent speeding

LMAO

Right on time...Do nothing...Drop all laws because they don't stop people from doing what they want. So, why try.

*psst* Dave doesn't understand the reason for laws...
People who do not understand the reason for laws believe that laws exist to prevent crime and that laws can be passed that will prevent people from breaking the law.

It has been PROVEN by reality that lives get saved when they nutters have to reload.

facts just wont permeate your brain cases

So then tell us how your laws will prevent criminals from buying illegal magazines.

that every part of the transaction is illegal and can be prosicuted

It can be "prosicuted" after the event. So tell us how your laws will prevent the event in the first place.

We should do what the Conservative answer is to almost every problem: Do nothing.
I see that you offer no solutions of your own.
Why do you not want to prevent shootings like we saw in Newtown?

I do but the question you ask, as you know, is full of shit. No law, no action, no prosecution, no death penalty, bear traps, anvils or poison gas will stop or prevent anyone from being nuts and shooting anything that moves.

So you ask ppl what they would do to prevent another Newtown, knowing there is nothing that CAN be done, then proceed to laugh at every answer given

Glad you're amused

We should do what the Conservative answer is to almost every problem: Do nothing.
I do but the question you ask, as you know, is full of shit. No law, no action, no prosecution, no death penalty, bear traps, anvils or poison gas will stop or prevent anyone from being nuts and shooting anything that moves.

So you ask ppl what they would do to prevent another Newtown, knowing there is nothing that CAN be done, then proceed to laugh at every answer given
Tell us what you think about the people who push for the things mentioned in the OP because they (supposedly) want to prevent a shooting like we saw in Newtown.

Last edited:
More reloading saves lives and I just proved it

Seung-Hui Cho, a senior at Virginia Tech, shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 in the deadliest shooting incident by a single gunman in U.S. history. Cho used two firearms during the attacks: a .22-caliber Walther P22 semi-automatic handgun and a 9 mm semi-automatic Glock 19 handgun and employed 10 round an 15 round magazines for his weapons.

There I just disproved it.

Tell us what you think about the people who push for the things mentioned in the OP because they (supposedly) want to prevent a shooting like we saw in Newtown.

Sure, something tragic happened and they want to see if there is any way to prevent or deter that from happening in the future.

You see it happen, give the usual easy answer of "do nothing" and laugh at anyone who attempts to think about doing anything

It's easy to sit on the bench and laugh...it's harder to be part of the solution which you have no interest in doing

Seung-Hui Cho, a senior at Virginia Tech, shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 in the deadliest shooting incident by a single gunman in U.S. history. Cho used two firearms during the attacks: a .22-caliber Walther P22 semi-automatic handgun and a 9 mm semi-automatic Glock 19 handgun and employed 10 round an 15 round magazines for his weapons.

How does that disprove that these HEROS saved lives by jumping a reloading killer?

Charles Whitman. 6mm bolt-action Remington M700.

Last edited:
An 'assault weapon' ban would not have prevented the Newtown shooting and will not prevent another like it.
A "hi-cap' magazine ban would not have prevented the Newtown shooting and will not prevent another like it.
Universal background checks would not have prevented the Newtown shooting and will not prevent another like it.
Universal gun registration would not have prevented the Newtown shooting and will not prevent another like it.
Universal licensure of gun owners would not have prevented the Newtown shooting and will not prevent another like it.

Given the above - what do you suggest?

Psychiatric examinations of all persons with access to weapons.

Now having said that let me tell that as yet I do not have much confidence that even a very thorough psych evaluation would much help, anyway.

Just because one appears sane today, doesn't mean they will be sane tomorrow.

Sure, something tragic happened and they want to see if there is any way to prevent or deter that from happening in the future.
Interesting that you do not characterize their proposed solutions as useless (et al) not do you criticize them for offering/supporting those useless solutions.
Why is that?

An 'assault weapon' ban would not have prevented the Newtown shooting and will not prevent another like it.
A "hi-cap' magazine ban would not have prevented the Newtown shooting and will not prevent another like it.
Universal background checks would not have prevented the Newtown shooting and will not prevent another like it.
Universal gun registration would not have prevented the Newtown shooting and will not prevent another like it.
Universal licensure of gun owners would not have prevented the Newtown shooting and will not prevent another like it.
Given the above - what do you suggest?
Psychiatric examinations of all persons with access to weapons.
An exam for everyone legally able to own a gun?
That's hundreds of millions of people.
And then, given current laws, what good will that do?

Just because one appears sane today, doesn't mean they will be sane tomorrow.
Do you sugegst we limit the rights of the law-abiding because there's a chance that they might do something illegal?

Last edited:

How does that disprove that these HEROS saved lives by jumping a reloading killer?

You did not PROVE anything. However, if you so desire, we can enact a law which conforms to what I call the New York example. See, NY passed a law restricting magazine size to 7 rounds. Problem was that no mfg made a 7 round mag... smallest was 10. So Governor Cuomo, in a brilliant flash of gun banner logic proclaimed that 10 round mags could be bought and used, except that they can only be loaded with 7 rounds... So I propose a compromise. High Cap magazines can be freely sold, but persons intent on mass murder can only load them with 7 rounds. That work for you?

dear idiot more bullets means more death.

fewer per clip means fewer deaths.

facts are facts

No, it does not, and that is a fact. However, you somehow feel that the problem is numbers, and not the act itself. That is where your confusion lies, and that is a fact.

You are absolutely shocked by 20 children and 6 adults killed in one incident. It is obvious that you are reacting to the numbers 20 and 6, and not the fact that people were killed. Would just 10 children and 3 adults killed have lessened your pain? What is the magic number that shocks you into demanding someone do something about it?

Recently, a gangbanger shot a 13 month old baby in the face. I didn't hear any outcry for more gun control. How many babies does he have to shoot to upset you "feel your pain" bottom feelers? What is the magic number?

Interesting that you do not characterize their proposed solutions as useless (et al) not do you criticize them for offering/supporting those useless solutions.
Why is that?

I didn't criticize yours either, I'm fair like that. You cant call them useless because they can prevent ppl just like any other law. You choose to see them as useless because something in you doesn't allow differing opinions to enter your bubble. So anything that isn't what you already believe will be labeled as "useless" to you.

Forum List

Back