Social Security is Not a Ponzi Scheme, Mr. Perry

The best part of this discussion is that there is virtually no public support for destroying Social Security, except for that always dependable, ever present fringe element on the Right.

REALLY?? Which party seems to NOT CARE about the intent of retirement protection FOR EVERY WORKER? Which party is currently stealing the premiums from this insurance program in order to work voodoo magic on the economy? Which President TONIGHT said he wanted to cut the SS revenues in half? At a time when it's balance sheet has gone negative. Which party OPPOSED using the SS surplus to reduce future liabilities while there was still a chance to do so??

It's definately a BiPartisian clusterfuck. But i think I care more about how FDR saw this program working than you do.

Last edited:
How many people paying in are there compared to how many are collecting? Huh?

when it started it was like 125 to 1, now it's 2 to 1. If you don't think that people paying in now, are going to get fucked if we don't do something. You are an idiot.

No, you're the idiot if you think that makes it a Ponzi scheme. Social Security has been tuned and tweaked many times over the years to keep it solvent for new generations, and it will likely need the same many times in the future. Things change. Shit happens - like the Great Bush Recession.

when it started it was like 125 to 1, now it's 2 to 1. If you don't think that people paying in now, are going to get fucked if we don't do something. You are an idiot.

No, you're the idiot if you think that makes it a Ponzi scheme. Social Security has been tuned and tweaked many times over the years to keep it solvent for new generations, and it will likely need the same many times in the future. Things change. Shit happens - like the Great Bush Recession.

It wasn't the Great Bush Recession. And if it had been, in only two years, President Obama has turned it into the Second Great Depression.

And yes. It is very much akin to a PONZI Scheme if you'd use that phrase honestly instead of your absolutely senseless quibbling.

If you had to choose between contributing to Social Security or Charles Ponzi for your future retirement, which would you choose?

I like it, he is not going do away with it, but will make changes to it to make it solvent for future generations, tying the increases to the CPI ( consumer price index) and making some adjustments in age requirements.

For those that are current recipients or those close to retirement age- relax there will be no changes to your benefit under romney's plan.

I like it, he is not going do away with it, but will make changes to it to make it solvent for future generations, tying the increases to the CPI ( consumer price index) and making some adjustments in age requirements.

For those that are current recipients or those close to retirement age- relax there will be no changes to your benefit under romney's plan.

I agree.

I would choose to opt out of both.

What part of "had to choose" don't you understand...? Pretend God told you that you "had to choose"...

I would choose to opt out.

What kind of fascist fantasy world do you live in, stupid?

As far as I know, God doesn't meddle in the internal political questions of our societies.

Pretend that you don't base all your thinking on silly childish stereotypes.

I would choose to opt out of both.

What part of "had to choose" don't you understand...? Pretend God told you that you "had to choose"...

As far as I know, God doesn't meddle in the internal political questions of our societies.

Participating in the Social Security program

Updated 06/01/2011 05:31 PM | ID# 200

Am I required to participate in the Social Security program?

Participation in the Social Security program is mandatory with respect to the payment of Social Security taxes. Unless specifically exempt by law, everyone working in the United States is required to pay Social Security taxes on earnings from employment. These earnings are subject to Social Security tax without regard to the citizenship or place of residence of either the employer or the employee.

The authority for the collection of taxes, including Social Security taxes, is found in the Internal Revenue Code, not the Social Security Act. (See sections 3101(a) and 3102(a) of the Code.) We suggest that you direct any questions you may have about tax liability to the Internal Revenue Service for consideration. The address is:

Internal Revenue Service
1111 Constitution Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20224.

Now what do you say...? SS or Ponzi...?

Updated 06/01/2011 05:31 PM | ID# 200

Am I required to participate in the Social Security program?

Participation in the Social Security program is mandatory with respect to the payment of Social Security taxes. Unless specifically exempt by law, everyone working in the United States is required to pay Social Security taxes on earnings from employment. These earnings are subject to Social Security tax without regard to the citizenship or place of residence of either the employer or the employee.

The authority for the collection of taxes, including Social Security taxes, is found in the Internal Revenue Code, not the Social Security Act. (See sections 3101(a) and 3102(a) of the Code.) We suggest that you direct any questions you may have about tax liability to the Internal Revenue Service for consideration. The address is:

Internal Revenue Service
1111 Constitution Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20224.

Now what do you say...? SS or Ponzi...?

If the law compels one but not the other, I would "choose" to unwillingly comply with the law, obviously. But that only goes to PROVE that your false "choice" is no choice at all.

If choice was involved, I would reject either and both of those schemes.

Are you one of the idiots who actually BELIEVES that in your retirement years the Social Security "system" will still be around to provide you with those old promised benefits?

Are you one of the idiots who actually BELIEVES that in your retirement years the Social Security "system" will still be around to provide you with those old promised benefits?

Sparky, I am retired... and my Social Security and Medicare are doing just fine...

You remind me of someone, let me think for a minute.

I remember now, you remind me of Thomas Friedman.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RygWFh39CvE]Santelli & NYT's Friedman Call Each Other "Idiots" Over Social Security "Ponzi Scheme" - YouTube[/ame]

Sparky, I am retired... and my Social Security and Medicare are doing just fine...

So you're one of the greedy geezers who doesn't give a damn about saddling their grandchildren with paying 75% of their income to make life comfortable for themselves.

When Perry was asked about why Texas was last in health care, he said if Obamacare didn't force people to have health care, everyone in Texas would. So, less is "more"?

Of course, everyone is forced to have car insurance. Oops.

Nobody is forced to have car insurance.

Mike

It's all about JOBS. If you're with Obama you want JOBS. If not you're against JOBS.
No more STIMULUS. That word is officially banned. It's now called investment.
Well raising taxes is investment....or revenue...or....DAMN!!! This new language is harder to keep track of than a 3 year old.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
LMAOOOO!!!!

Forum List

Back