Sock puppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods use IP addresses to check and see if you're a sock. But IP spoofers as well as simply changing your IP can easily get around that. They can also use cookies but there are only about 50 different cookie wiping programs available free.

There are also ways socks act that gives them away, usually VERY early in their sock puppet lives. But I can't disclose them because I don't want to give socks information that would help them remain socks.
You have to be the biggest fucking loser on Earth to go through that bullshit. My God...lolol.....Oh wait, 99% are libturds so I just explained that.
If yer kicked out..that means you are not wanted. Why go back to where you aren't wanted???
Because they like being abused and mocked??....... Any kind of attention is better than nil.

And it is how serious they take this nonsense that stuns me.

Mods use IP addresses to check and see if you're a sock. But IP spoofers as well as simply changing your IP can easily get around that. They can also use cookies but there are only about 50 different cookie wiping programs available free.

There are also ways socks act that gives them away, usually VERY early in their sock puppet lives. But I can't disclose them because I don't want to give socks information that would help them remain socks.
You have to be the biggest fucking loser on Earth to go through that bullshit. My God...lolol.....Oh wait, 99% are libturds so I just explained that.
If yer kicked out..that means you are not wanted. Why go back to where you aren't wanted???

There are those that thrive on that. Skulking around the Badlands.

I remember I pmd Care4all cuz she was a mod at that time, telling her the board was being invaded or something.

I miss cereal killer.
Yeah the place has never been the same sense he left.you mentioned gunny,thank god he is gone.I would never have stayed here had he it left.I was strongly considering leaving for good at the tail end of the time he was here,thank god not long after that he left.that idiot believed Evetpything the media told him,could was the total opposite thank god.

That’s kinda on the lines what I was saying earlier,I explained how they get around the IP check.

Skulking around.

Leave Toro out of this.

I never seen a group of people like Vrotman and crew. Are people like this really living??

Skulking around.

Leave Toro out of this.
How much does Toro pay in rent each month to live here?

I never seen a group of people like Vrotman and crew. Are people like this really living??

One wonders.

The more you detest them, the more they slobber. :huddle:

The fact that the existance of sock puppets is openly acknowledged by staff means that this statement is obviously false, even as it is repeated time and time again.

Need a link... Got one?

We are CONSTANTLY screening for socks. Even BANNED members who in the past have been given amnesty are not allowed sock accounts. Most all of these rare amnesties have been done in the OPEN with their original names..

Don't KNOW what makes you repeat you this false allegation..

Got any SOCK suspicions? Contact mod staff...

My question is this: since you are definitely using your own discretion on whether or not to allow posters multiple accounts, what do you use to determine who gets one and who doesn't?

NOBODY -- repeat NOBODY ever gets a sock account with Mod Staff approval..

If you have evidence --- put it up. Otherwise STFU...

I have read claims made countless times that moderators actions are completely limited by the rules of the site. The site rules are quite unequivocal about sock puppets, so if this statement were actually TRUE, then nobody would have sock puppets. The fact that the existance of sock puppets is openly acknowledged by staff means that this statement is obviously false, even as it is repeated time and time again.

My question is this: since you are definitely using your own discretion on whether or not to allow posters multiple accounts, what do you use to determine who gets one and who doesn't? Is it simply a matter of allowing friends to get away with things that those who challenge you don't, is it because of the politics involved, or what? I have just one account -- me. Your allowing others to have multiple accounts runs contrary to the stated rules of this site.
Socks are not allowed on this board and we will get rid of them as they pop up. Here is the rub, proving that it is a sock.
There are methods we use to identify a sock (which I won't divulge). But, there are times where we can only guess it's a sock, and
have a gut feeling it's a sock, but can't prove it's a sock. So, we have to wait for it to make a mistake.
It has nothing to do with letting a good ol' boy, or good ol' girl get away with one. We don't work that way.
There ya go Dog. . . so next time Rush is pushing Norton's VPN. . . you need to ask yourself a question. . .

dLY0ij2.gif

:auiqs.jpg:

We have one banned Nazi who has BEEN BACK 27 times UNDER PROXIES and VPNs.. The idiot probably spends $100s every year on various Proxy Services. And every time we catch him.. So -- Norton VPN is good for data transfer security.. It's NOT gonna get you anonymity on a message board account..

Did I save you some $$bucks here??? LOL....

I'm out of the loop.

Exactly what is a "Sock Puppet" ?
A user with x number of usernames and moderators allow it.

Don't nearly ALL moderators have 2nd accounts in order to post their true opinions without dirtying their moderator accounts?

Perhaps we should embark on identifying which moderators own which sock Puppet accounts? :cool:

Heck no.. We volunteer as the members that we are.. We WANT folks to know the board is community moderated.. What's there to hide from?

There is ONE OFFICIAL mod staff sock.. We use it to check out how members see content and listings or how warnings and alerts are seen by members.. Because the "mod view" of USMB is somewhat different.

Would you like to MEET the Mod Staff sock?? I can arrange it.. :auiqs.jpg:

I miss cereal killer.
The fact that the existance of sock puppets is openly acknowledged by staff means that this statement is obviously false, even as it is repeated time and time again.

Need a link... Got one?

We are CONSTANTLY screening for socks. Even BANNED members who in the past have been given amnesty are not allowed sock accounts. Most all of these rare amnesties have been done in the OPEN with their original names..

My question is this: since you are definitely using your own discretion on whether or not to allow posters multiple accounts, what do you use to determine who gets one and who doesn't?

I do know two different mods have referred to Ben Thompson as a sock puppet, for instance, and even you have commented on the Ravi/Vallerie one.

I was just wondering how many there are.

Last edited:
ThunderBird...ThunderGuy....now its bugging me that I cant remember his name. He tried his hardest to make his new board EXACTLY like this one. Hell, even I went to the wrong one once or twicce.

Anyway...Gunny seemed to calm down a bit after being removed from here. But he was on the prowl again at another place, then left there, came here, on the prowl again. Seemed he wanted another sugar mama all the time.

I miss cereal killer.

Need a link... Got one?

I do know two different mods have referred to Ben Thompson as a sock puppet, for instance, and even you have commented on the Ravi/Vallerie one.

I as just wondering how many there are.
Ravi!!! Haven't haerd that name in a long time. And Pixie..I remember her because I really liked her and was so sad when her dog died. That tore her up. I think of her often and hope all is well.

Anyway..I rarely smell stank hog meat cuz if he is here..again..he stays in the FZ and since I am not allowed in there (my request), I miss out on who may be here...or not. Which is fine with me.

The diehards always come back as a sock. The rest just move on to other boards and usually wind up burning those down as well.

I know I have one old account under the name Bruce T. Laney and when I came back I created this new account because I didn’t know the password of the old one any longer and wanted to change my name.

I did not hide from the moderation team and they fully know who I am...

So this new account could be consider a sock account but at least I was honest about who I am unlike some on here...

True story. But to be clear -- there's no longer a Bruce T. Laney account..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back