Soldier Told Not to Read Levin, Limbaugh or Hannity in Uniform

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
the "n-word"?
I am just asking because well here read where this comes from...

A veteran member of the U.S. Army Band said he is facing retribution and punishment from the military for having anti-Obama bumper stickers on his car, reading books written by conservative authors like Mark Levin and David Limbaugh, and serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at his promotion party.

Master Sgt. Nathan Sommers, a 25-year Army veteran and conservative Christian based at Fort Myer in Washington, believes his outspoken opposition to gay marriage prompted higher-ups to take a closer look at his beliefs. The recipient of an Army Commendation Medal and a soloist at the funeral of former First Lady Betty Ford, Sommers said his core beliefs are enough to mark a soldier for persecution in today’s military.

During the course of their investigation, the military unearthed a tweet from 2010 that included a derogatory word for homosexuals. The soldier admitted that he had retweeted someone else’s original tweet.

“Lordy, Lordy, it’s faggot Tuesday. The lefty loons and Obamabots are out in full force,” the retweet read.
Soldier Told Not to Read Levin, Limbaugh or Hannity in Uniform | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Just asking.. if other people like me that Obama At a San Francisco fundraiser,said,
“They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

I wonder if I should be offended at being called "religion clinger"????

An example of hypocrisy is that the left is horrified over the use of the word "fag" but they freely use a homosexual term for one of their little sex games against the good people of the Tea Party when they call them "teabaggers".

the "n-word"?
I am just asking because well here read where this comes from...

A veteran member of the U.S. Army Band said he is facing retribution and punishment from the military for having anti-Obama bumper stickers on his car, reading books written by conservative authors like Mark Levin and David Limbaugh, and serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at his promotion party.

Master Sgt. Nathan Sommers, a 25-year Army veteran and conservative Christian based at Fort Myer in Washington, believes his outspoken opposition to gay marriage prompted higher-ups to take a closer look at his beliefs. The recipient of an Army Commendation Medal and a soloist at the funeral of former First Lady Betty Ford, Sommers said his core beliefs are enough to mark a soldier for persecution in today’s military.

During the course of their investigation, the military unearthed a tweet from 2010 that included a derogatory word for homosexuals. The soldier admitted that he had retweeted someone else’s original tweet.

“Lordy, Lordy, it’s faggot Tuesday. The lefty loons and Obamabots are out in full force,” the retweet read.
Soldier Told Not to Read Levin, Limbaugh or Hannity in Uniform | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Just asking.. if other people like me that Obama At a San Francisco fundraiser,said,
“They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

I wonder if I should be offended at being called "religion clinger"????

Moonbats can profess hatred or gays all day long. Didn't you know that? Swallow had a delightful post like that earlier today. I've always thought military members were supposed to keep political opinions to themselves in public, conservatives or bed wetters. If you're in civilian clothes that's another issue.

I don't have anti-obozo stickers on my car, but it's not because I'm concerned about being punished, I'm concerned about what some bed wetter at the grocery store parking lot might do.

BTW, you're not allowed to be offended.

That soldier's clearly trying to piss people off. That would be a problem in any profession.

As for the word "faggot," if you're using it like an asshole then it's wrong. I'll defer to my man B Rabbit - some people are gay, but others deserve to be called faggots :razz:

[YOUTUBE]EzRYU4fWUGc[/YOUTUBE]

Go to 1:44 :razz:

An example of hypocrisy is that the left is horrified over the use of the word "fag" but they freely use a homosexual term for one of their little sex games against the good people of the Tea Party when they call them "teabaggers".
The evolution of the word 'tea bagger' - The Week

Was President Obama speaking derogatively when he referred to the Tea Party as "tea baggers"? That's the topic of some debate after a review of Jonathan Alter's book, The Promise: President Obama, Year One, revealed that Obama used the term in November 2009. The grassroots movement didn't always consider "tea bagger" a slur: Early Tea Partiers innocently embraced the term until they discovered its vulgar connotations (see also the 1998 John Waters movie Pecker). In a twist, some conservatives have recently advocated that the word be reclaimed. Here's a look at the evolution of the insult:

Feb. 27, 2009
At the first anti-stimulus "New American Tea Party" rally in Washington D.C., a protestor carries a sign reading "Tea Bag the Liberal Dems before they Tea Bag You!!" The Washington Independent's David Weigel calls it "the best sign I saw."

March 2
Americans for Prosperity, an anti-tax group, is one of the first Tea Party organizations to advocate sending tea bags to elected officials to protest the stimulus package. Several other lobby groups follow suit.

April 1
Several Tea Party protest sites encourage readers to "Tea bag the fools in DC." Jay Nordlinger at National Review Online later admits: "Conservatives started [using the term]... but others ran and ran with it."

April 9
Rachel Maddow is the first to mock the Tea Party's use of the phrase on her left-leaning MSNBC show. "Even Governor Mark Sanford of South Carolina is getting in on the hot tea-bagging action," she says, stifling laughter. (Watch Rachel Maddow joke about the "tea baggers")

April 13
David Shuster, filling in for liberal commentator Keith Olbermann on MSNBC, also makes fun of the phrase. "While the parties are officially toothless, the tea-baggers are full-throated about their goals," he says. Jeff Poor at the Business and Media Insitute says that the MSNBC comments are "lost in juvenile criticism and ignoring the reason there is discontent from the conservative base"

April 14
Anderson Cooper, on his avowedly non-partisan CNN show, makes a similar crack, but later back-pedals, calling his remark a "stupid, silly, one-line aside" that was not meant to "disparage legitimate protests."

September 10
Badges with the message "Proud to be a Tea Bagger" are still on sale at Tea Party events, according to an article written later in the year.
<more>

Last edited:
This is a teabag...

images

This is what T.E.A. Party members do to Liberals.

images

Are there any questions?

The evolution of the word 'tea bagger' - The Week

Was President Obama speaking derogatively when he referred to the Tea Party as "tea baggers"? That's the topic of some debate after a review of Jonathan Alter's book, The Promise: President Obama, Year One, revealed that Obama used the term in November 2009. The grassroots movement didn't always consider "tea bagger" a slur: Early Tea Partiers innocently embraced the term until they discovered its vulgar connotations (see also the 1998 John Waters movie Pecker). In a twist, some conservatives have recently advocated that the word be reclaimed. Here's a look at the evolution of the insult:

Feb. 27, 2009
At the first anti-stimulus "New American Tea Party" rally in Washington D.C., a protestor carries a sign reading "Tea Bag the Liberal Dems before they Tea Bag You!!" The Washington Independent's David Weigel calls it "the best sign I saw."

March 2
Americans for Prosperity, an anti-tax group, is one of the first Tea Party organizations to advocate sending tea bags to elected officials to protest the stimulus package. Several other lobby groups follow suit.

April 1
Several Tea Party protest sites encourage readers to "Tea bag the fools in DC." Jay Nordlinger at National Review Online later admits: "Conservatives started [using the term]... but others ran and ran with it."

April 9
Rachel Maddow is the first to mock the Tea Party's use of the phrase on her left-leaning MSNBC show. "Even Governor Mark Sanford of South Carolina is getting in on the hot tea-bagging action," she says, stifling laughter. (Watch Rachel Maddow joke about the "tea baggers")

April 13
David Shuster, filling in for liberal commentator Keith Olbermann on MSNBC, also makes fun of the phrase. "While the parties are officially toothless, the tea-baggers are full-throated about their goals," he says. Jeff Poor at the Business and Media Insitute says that the MSNBC comments are "lost in juvenile criticism and ignoring the reason there is discontent from the conservative base"

April 14
Anderson Cooper, on his avowedly non-partisan CNN show, makes a similar crack, but later back-pedals, calling his remark a "stupid, silly, one-line aside" that was not meant to "disparage legitimate protests."

September 10
Badges with the message "Proud to be a Tea Bagger" are still on sale at Tea Party events, according to an article written later in the year.
<more>

But somehow you Liberals thought it could be used as a pejorative. With terms such as "racist tea baggers" for example.

It sounds like he was constantly reprimanded about these things but continued to push his luck, and now is getting shitty because his luck ran out. It seems clear he was only trying to piss everyone off.

That said, I don't see a problem with the stickers on his car, or even the books he reads. But he should keep his bigoted opinions about homosexuality to himself.

It sounds like he was constantly reprimanded about these things but continued to push his luck, and now is getting shitty because his luck ran out. It seems clear he was only trying to piss everyone off.

That said, I don't see a problem with the stickers on his car, or even the books he reads. But he should keep his bigoted opinions about homosexuality to himself.

So much for free speech hey? He has a right to his opinions. I may not approve of such derisiveness, but he still has the right to free expression. That is, unlike wherever you reside, Noomi. Just because you don't approve of someone's expressions or opinions doesn't mean you can shut them up because they offended you and your sensitivities. All this talk about marriage being a human right, yet we (you) are willing to deny someone their ability to express themselves and their beliefs, which is ironically another human right.

Bigoted he may be, but free he still is. We profess to be a free country, and we say that we fight for freedom, yet we do everything...correction... Liberals do everything to suppress free practice of religion, and of speech. Revenge is foolish. If you don't like what someone has to say, simply walk away. It isn't that freaking hard to do.

Last edited:
"Just asking .. is "X" just as politically incorrect as ... "Y"?

You will need a Ouija board, a tarot card deck, some goat entrails, and a bust of Karl Marx with it's companion 'Phrenology For Dummies' guide book. When the spirits, the cosmos and the left Sphenofrontal suture of Marx's cranium are all in alignment you will have your answer. I recommend running the results by the political science faculty at the University of Michigan before publishing the results.

So much for free speech hey? He has a right to his opinions. I may not approve of such derisiveness, but he still has the right to free expression. That is, unlike wherever you reside, Noomi. Just because you don't approve of someone's expressions or opinions doesn't mean you can shut them up because they offended you and your sensitivities. All this talk about marriage being a human right, yet we (you) are willing to deny someone their ability to express themselves and their beliefs, which is ironically another human right.

Bigoted he may be, but free he still is. We profess to be a free country, and we say that we fight for freedom, yet we do everything...correction... Liberals do everything to suppress free practice of religion, and of speech. Revenge is foolish. If you don't like what someone has to say, simply walk away. It isn't that freaking hard to do.

If you are serving alongside gay soldiers, you should not state that you believe they are sinning, and can be 'saved'. Have a bit of respect and keep your damned mouth shut.

Sounds like Sommers sensitivities are the ones being hurt. He's been so discriminated against because of his Christianity that he received a promotion in 2012. Poor guy.

If you are serving alongside gay soldiers, you should not state that you believe they are sinning, and can be 'saved'. Have a bit of respect and keep your damned mouth shut.
Will you be following your own advice then?

It was bad when I was in the service when Clinton was in Office...

But no where near this bad.

Master Sgt. Nathan Sommers, a 25-year Army veteran and conservative Christian based at Fort Myer in Washington, believes his outspoken opposition to gay marriage prompted higher-ups to take a closer look at his beliefs. The recipient of an Army Commendation Medal and a soloist at the funeral of former First Lady Betty Ford, Sommers said his core beliefs are enough to mark a soldier for persecution in today&#8217;s military.

&#8220;It seems like with the repeal of Don&#8217;t Ask, Don&#8217;t Tell &#8211; that the Christians have been the ones who&#8217;ve had to go underground and in the closet &#8211; for fear of retaliation and reprisals,&#8221; Sommers told Fox News. &#8220;Christians feel like they can&#8217;t be forthright with their faith. They have to hide.&#8221;

:::::::::::::::::::

&#8220;With respect to the political activities, soldiers are expected to carry out their obligations as citizens in accordance with applicable regulations,&#8221; Platt said.

Army documents obtained by Fox News indicate Sommers was told that his actions bordered on being disrespectful to President Obama and the &#8220;slightest inference of disrespect towards superiors can have a demoralizing effect on the unit.&#8221;

&#8220;You should strive to express your opinion while being aware of the overall ramifications of your statements,&#8221; the Army noted.

Sommers&#8217; troubles began last April when he was told to remove pro-Republican, anti-Obama bumper stickers that were on his privately owned car.

The stickers read: &#8220;Political Dissent is NOT Racism,&#8221; &#8220;NOBAMA,&#8221; NOPE2012&#8221; and &#8220;The Road to Bankruptcy is Paved with Ass-Fault.&#8221; That sticker included the image of a donkey.

His superior officer told the solider that the bumper stickers were creating &#8220;unnecessary workplace tension.&#8221;

&#8220;The types of stickers on your car were creating an atmosphere detrimental to morale and were creating unnecessary workplace tension,&#8221; the officer wrote in an Army document obtained by Fox News. &#8220;A Soldier must balance their personal feelings with the mission of the U.S. Army. Even the slightest inference of disrespect towards superiors can have a demoralizing effect on the unit.&#8221;

::::::::::::::::::::::::

During the summer months, Sommers came under fire for reading the works of Mark Levin, Sean Hannity and David Limbaugh.

Sommers was reading Limbaugh&#8217;s &#8220;The Great Destroyer&#8221; backstage at a U.S. Army Band concert at the U.S. Capitol. A superior officer told him that he was causing &#8220;unit disruption&#8221; and was offending other soldiers.

&#8220;I wasn&#8217;t reading aloud,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I was just reading privately to myself. I was told they were frowning on that and they warned me that I should not be reading literature like that backstage because it was offensive.&#8221;

In another episode, he had been caught backstage reading a copy of Levin&#8217;s &#8220;Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America.&#8221;

Sommers said he was told to refrain from reading the book &#8220;while in uniform or within sight of anyone from the band.&#8221;

&#8220;This is the first time since (my superior officer) indicated I had offended others with my choice of reading material, that I was officially counseled about it,&#8221; he said. &#8220;The statement took my breath away. I was speechless.&#8221;

::::::::::::::::::

It&#8217;s a long-standing tradition within the U.S. Army Band for promoted soldiers to host a party for their fellow troops. So the soldier decided to have Chick-fil-A cater the meal.

&#8220;My family likes Chick-fil-A and we like what they stand for,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I can make a statement and at least express a religious point of view at my promotion party &#8211; theoretically without any fear of reprisal.&#8221;

The soldier also tweeted about the party: &#8220;In honor of DADT repeal, and Obama/Holder&#8217;s refusal to enforce DOMA act, I&#8217;m serving Chick-fil-A at my MSG promo reception for Army today.&#8221;

He also tweeted to radio host Mark Levin: &#8220;@Marklevinshow &#8216;luv ya, Mark! Fellow Virginian & MSG, Army. Being promoted today, serving Chick-fil-A @ reception in honor of DADT repeal.&#8221;

Both tweets were cited in an official military document.

&#8220;As a Soldier you must be cognizant of the fact that your statements can be perceived by the general public and other service members to be of a nature bordering on disrespect to the President of the United States,&#8221; the document stated.

Sommers said he paid for the party with personal money, not government funds.

&#8220;I had no idea a Chick-fil-A sandwich would get me in trouble,&#8221; he said.

He was later summoned by a superior officer, who the soldier said is openly gay, and was told that unidentified individuals were offended by the tweets and some considered them to be racist.

Sommers was reprimanded, threatened with judicial action and given a bad efficiency report. An investigation was also launched.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

&#8220;He explained to me that homosexual Soldiers were now afraid of me,&#8221; Sommers said. &#8220;He showed me a letter from an Army Band colleague that demanded that I publicly apologize (to) the band for my statements and that I should be removed from positions of leadership and influence.&#8221;

Since he has gotten a lawyer and this story has gotten airplay across the Nation, the Army is backtracking, now claiming that he can read the books he wants and have the bumper stickers he wants and eat what he wants and still remain in the Army.

This is all just some more of that "fundamental Change" to America that Obama promised.

Last edited:

Yeah we forgot, now they're allowed in, we have to keep our mouths shut, like every liberal idea, dont speak your mind, dont tell the truth, just shut up and dont say a word!!!!!

The fact is if gays dont like to be made fun of, then THEY need to shut the hell up. Dont be so proud of your butt fucking prowess....and maybe we wont say anything.....

Yeah we forgot, now they're allowed in, we have to keep our mouths shut, like every liberal idea, dont speak your mind, dont tell the truth, just shut up and dont say a word!!!!!

The fact is if gays dont like to be made fun of, then THEY need to shut the hell up. Dont be so proud of your butt fucking prowess....and maybe we wont say anything.....

Why do Christians believe they have the right to vilify a homosexual person, but they jump up and down and sook whenever someone mocks their religion?

Seems they can give it but can't take it.

No, actually you don’t while in uniform. OUT of uniform and acting as a civilian he has all the rights that we all enjoy BUT while in uniform the same is not true. That is one of the sacrifices that you take when you put the uniform on.

I don’t have an issue with him promoting whatever he believes on his own time but the moment he get in the uniform that needs to stop. End of story.

Forum List

Back