Solution to high magazine capacity...pass law limiting criminals to 10 round mags...

t is what can happen to any mass shooter.

The "can" is the operative word...and you would bet your life on that word...

An armed citizen at the scene of a mass shooting "can" stop the perpetrator outright by shooting him, or can make it more likely he will not be able to reload because he also has to dodge incoming bullets...

You want the shooter to be able to reload because you don't want armed citizens stopping him or forcing him to duck and hide...are you anti victim?

If more locations allowed armed citizens to carry guns, then there would be more of a chance that these guys would be stopped...but when you make their favorite hunting grounds gun free zones you give them at least 4 minutes of unrestricted killing before people with guns arrive to shoot them...4 minutes...

An armed citizen at the scene of a mass shooting "can" stop the perpetrator outright by shooting him, or can make it more likely he will not be able to reload because he also has to dodge incoming bullets...

You want the shooter to be able to reload because you don't want armed citizens stopping him or forcing him to duck and hide...are you anti victim?
No... just anti-gun.

And the concealed carry owner will have mags less than 10, why is it so important to you the shooter has hi cap mags? Are you anti armed hero?

I want more people to survive. Shooter reloading often would help unarmed and armed victims.

hy is it so important to you the shooter has hi cap mags?

They aren't high capacity magazines...they are standard capacity magazines...and I don't want the good guys to have to go into a gun fight with less ammo rather than more...if they are shot at any point in the fight, I don't want them to have to perform any more magazine changes than they need to because once adrenaline hits the system it will make changing magazines more difficult...while the shooter, who from actual reports of these incidents, will calmly walk and shoot...unless someone is shooting back at him...

If more locations allowed armed citizens to carry guns, then there would be more of a chance that these guys would be stopped...but when you make their favorite hunting grounds gun free zones you give them at least 4 minutes of unrestricted killing before people with guns arrive to shoot them...4 minutes...
Funny how the fact that one guy dropped his mag is proof of concept for a hi-cap ban, but thousands of examples of armed citizens defending themselves and others means nothing.

"I wish I hadn't had so many rounds in my gun when protecting the wife and kids from that home invasion", said no one, ever.

Last edited:
The absolute INSANITY of the subversive, pansy boy liberals. is astounding!

2ufu9n9.jpg

I in NO WAY believe the stats in that picture. 6500 times a day? Come on.

I find that number to be a bit excessive my self.
I've used a gun one time in my 49 years to stop a crime,and most never do.
If you were to include the police in those numbers maybe.

Lets assume its off by a factor of 100.
25,000 defensive gun uses per year = 25,000 violent crimes stopped
8855 murders.

Let's pass a law that allows criminals to only have 10 round magazines...
The limit to magazine size is about trying to at least reduce the body counts of mass shooters.
When you're the only one with a gun, 2x10rd mags = 1x20rd mag.

Unless people stop shooter like they did at Giffords shooting. Reloading also gives people a chance to
Run away.

So how far can you run in two seconds?

8855 murders.

Personally I dont care if they only stopped a bakers dozen every year.
I still want the ability to defend myself however I see fit. Because you never know when you might be one of those thirteen.
The number just seems a little high to me.

8855 murders.

Personally I dont care if they only stopped a bakers dozen every year.
I still want the ability to defend myself however I see fit. Because you never know when you might be one of those thirteen.
The number just seems a little high to me.

Same here, I don't care about justifying my right to own guns, because I don't HAVE To justify my right to own guns But there is noway that number is correct.

Yeah, the value of magazine size limits may be debatable, but it makes no sense to limit them only for "criminals" if the goal is lessening the impact of mass shootings.

That said, that isn't true that 2x10 = 1x20 if you're the only one that has a gun. Quite a few of the mass shooters have been taken down by unarmed people when they had to reload.

Yeah, the value of magazine size limits may be debatable, but it makes no sense to limit them only for "criminals" if the goal is lessening the impact of mass shootings.
It makes a lot more sense to prohibit felons, et al, from possession than to so prohibit the law-abiding.

That said, that isn't true that 2x10 = 1x20 if you're the only one that has a gun. Quite a few of the mass shooters have been taken down by unarmed people when they had to reload.
Substantively define "quite of few" and compare that number to the total.

It makes a lot more sense to prohibit felons, et al, from possession than to so prohibit the law-abiding.

The whole 'law abiding gun owner' vs. 'criminals' line is kind of meaningless IMO. Every criminal is law abiding right up until they commit their first crime and we have no way to know which ones are going to cross that line. What's more, we don't have a very good idea of who is currently a criminal. For example, one of the largest categories of gun violence is domestic violence situations that escalate to a shooting, but the vast majority of domestic violence is never reported. And, besides, just because person A is "law abiding" doesn't mean that the neighbor kid who knows where he keeps his gun is law abiding. And, on top of that, about half of gun deaths are accidents and suicides, and those things aren't any more common among criminals.

Here, look at how gun deaths per capita break out by state- Gun Deaths Per 100 000 by State

Basically, gun deaths per capita seem to be a function of the number of guns per capita. That isn't surprising. Snowmobiling deaths also relate closely to the number of snowmobiles per capita in a state.

So, all that doesn't mean that the solution is to start taking the guns away, but it does mean that solutions that only focus on known criminals are kind of missing the bulk of the issue. If we want to reduce gun deaths, what we need are laws designed to promote responsible ownership, safe storage, mental health interventions, much better safety precautions when using guns, etc.

The whole 'law abiding gun owner' vs. 'criminals' line is kind of meaningless IMO. Every criminal is law abiding right up until they commit their first crime and we have no way to know which ones are going to cross that line.
And so... we should treat the law abiding like criminals because they might commit a crime?

What's more, we don't have a very good idea of who is currently a criminal.
Everyone convicted of a crime is known to the state, Public record.

The limit to magazine size is about trying to at least reduce the body counts of mass shooters.

Unless people stop shooter like they did at Giffords shooting. Reloading also gives people a chance to
Run away.

Around a corner or perhaps behind something.

8855 murders.

They aren't all violent crimes. And murder is a tiny percent of all crimes.

Run away.

Wow!! We have a regular Nostradamus here.
So how exactly would you know if he was reloading or just pausing?
Because I know damn good and well you wouldnt be watching the guy,you'd be in the fetal position hoping the guy didnt notice you.
And only an idiot would expose himself to gunfire without a weapon of his/her own.

Run away.

Wow!! We have a regular Nostradamus here.
So how exactly would you know if he was reloading or just pausing?
Because I know damn good and well you wouldnt be watching the guy,you'd be in the fetal position hoping the guy didnt notice you.
And only an idiot would expose himself to gunfire without a weapon of his/her own.

It is just common sense actually, you'd recognize it if you had any. So mass shooter opens fire on a group of people and you don't think some people will escape when he stops firing to reload? Do you think everyone just stands still when he starts shooting?

And so... we should treat the law abiding like criminals because they might commit a crime?

Is it "treating law abiding drivers like criminals" to require that people pass driving tests, not drive drunk, follow speed limits, etc? Reasonable safety regulations aren't "treating people like criminals." IMO this issue has become so politicized that the gun enthusiasts have a kneejerk reaction against sorts of policies that are just plain common sense.

Everyone convicted of a crime is known to the state, Public record.

Seems like you skipped right over my argument about domestic violence. And that is true of many kinds of crime. Lots of criminals haven't been caught yet.

Forum List

Back