"Solutions" to gun-related violence offered by the Democrats

Saying guns stop violence is like saying hamburgers stop obesity.
I have a number of guns they have never done anything against the law. In fact they have never once even done a single thing but lie there with me moving them.
Guns don't necessarily make anyone safer but they don't make anyone less so.
As far as hamburgers, if you eat too many of them you become obese if you eat only a few you don't have that problem.
Adding gun availability will surely add to people using them to kill another.

Except for the 26 years of actual experience in this country that shows you are wrong.....

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Interesting.
If you're right, please explain how the number of gun-related murders dropped 55% from 1993 to 2014, while the number of guns increased by 20% or so.
Explain why Europe has less murder than the United States?

Different culture.....they had feudalism, we did not, they experienced the destruction of World War 1 and World War 2, which set back their societies culturally and demographically...they are now catching up to us in their homes without fathers, and their crime rates are reflecting this....

Interesting.
If you're right, please explain how the number of gun-related murders dropped 55% from 1993 to 2014, while the number of guns increased by 20% or so.
Explain why Europe has less murder than the United States?
You may have missed my response. I'll re-post:

I'm sorry...?
You CAN'T explain how the number of gun-related murders dropped 55% from 1993 to 2014, while the number of guns increased by 20% or so?
How then can you honestly claim that "Adding gun availability will surely add to people using them to kill another"?

Why don't the Democrats ever suggest -- not even propose as a policy point, but simply suggest - we make it easier for the law abiding to protect themselves?

Forum List

Back