SOLUTIONS: What Congress should do. . . .

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
You know what I wish the Congress had done re the Affordable Care Act? I wish the Republicans had been smart and agreed to fund every component of Obamacare with the only stipulations that:

A. It would go into effect as originally passed with NO EXEMPTIONS for anybody. All the groups the President has (unlawfully?) exempted or allowed to opt out of the law for now would no longer be exempted. All members of Congress, their staffs, all federal employees would get their insurance coverage through the exchanges like everybody else is expected to and everybody will be subject to the law.

B. It would include a grandfather clause and would cease to exist on January 1, 2015, UNLESS Congress votes to continue it after it has been running for one year.

C. And the Democrats would own it. If it is a roaring success they get the credit. And if it is not, they get the blame.

If it is all its supporters say it is, then it should be good for everybody and there should be no exemptions. Let's try it out and see if it works.

And if it is all its advertising promises for it, the people will be demanding their elected representatives continue it beyond January 2015.

Would the Democrats in Congress vote for that? Or would they support the GOP in killing or postponing it now?

What do you think?

Last edited:
Eerie but interesting, I just watched Mike Huckabee's program from yesterday in which he proposed almost the very identical suggestion as I did in the OP to solve the ACA situation. Did I dream it? Subconscious suggestion? Maybe he was on during my nap yesterday? I dunno. But I feel affirmed. :)

The democrooks know it's a goatfuck, it was designed to fail. They want the republicrats involved as much as possible in interfering with the law's enactment so that they can blame the failure on "republican sabotage".

But would you agree to the solution I put out there Pete? Will any Democrat who supports the ACA agree to that?

Sounds good to me.

Approve the damned thing with absolutely no exceptions.

Wonder how long it will take the Dems to realize they have foisted a goatfuck on the American People?

This is stupid as hell. No employee with employer-provided health care benefits will be affected anyway; the ACA is only for those with no existing health care insurance. Did you believe that, somehow, Congress didn't have health insurance already?

Holy fuck, you people are ignorant.

YES Foxfyre Finally someone who makes sense and is reasonable about this

A. First, the Democrat and other political supporters should fund it and be required to be under it. So it is only for their members and anyone who subscribes to it, who is required to pay for it themselves.

B. If anyone is given the option to Opt In or Out,
then ALL PEOPLE SHOULD BE given the same.

C. Opponents and/or members of other parties should have equal freedom to fund their own options and alternatives, and be rewarde with equal tax breaks incentives for that.

EX: setting up campus housing for Vets and internships in home health for interns to pay off student loans while serving elderly, disabled, low-income Vets or other welfare clients.
Where the management team of Vets or medical service providers receive training
in setting up and managing housing/health care coops so these can be replicated. The point being to invest in SERVICE PROVIDERS on a sustainable affordable basis.
Insurance doesn't provide the actual services. We need to set up programs that do!

Thanks FF
If we can form a team and revise a petition
I think yours will be better than the one I posted under POLL: Will you sign this petition?

Great Points!!!

You know what I wish the Congress had done re the Affordable Care Act? I wish the Republicans had been smart and agreed to fund every component of Obamacare with the only stipulations that:

A. It would go into effect as originally passed with NO EXEMPTIONS for anybody. All the groups the President has (unlawfully?) exempted or allowed to opt out of the law for now would no longer be exempted. All members of Congress, their staffs, all federal employees would get their insurance coverage through the exchanges like everybody else is expected to and everybody will be subject to the law.

B. It would include a grandfather clause and would cease to exist on January 1, 2015, UNLESS Congress votes to continue it after it has been running for one year.

C. And the Democrats would own it. If it is a roaring success they get the credit. And if it is not, they get the blame.

If it is all its supporters say it is, then it should be good for everybody and there should be no exemptions. Let's try it out and see if it works.

And if it is all its advertising promises for it, the people will be demanding their elected representatives continue it beyond January 2015.

Would the Democrats in Congress vote for that? Or would they support the GOP in killing or postponing it now?

What do you think?

This is stupid as hell. No employee with employer-provided health care benefits will be affected anyway; the ACA is only for those with no existing health care insurance. Did you believe that, somehow, Congress didn't have health insurance already?

Holy fuck, you people are ignorant.

They have insurance courtesy of the American taxpayer--an absolutely Cadillac, all frills, bells, and whistles plan they personally designed--no exclusions, nothing is denied them. But under my plan, the taxpayer could conitinue to pay for most of their premiums for the next year, but they would have to get their insurance through the exchanges or private insurance like everybody else. If that had been written into the initial law, would any of them have voted for the ACA? Is it unreasonable for them to experience what the rest of us are being required to experience?

Last edited:
Of course they wouldn't have voted it in.

Its easy for them as long as someone else foots the bill for the cadillac, bells and whistles.

And of course you know they think they are better and more deserving than the rest of us and if anyone thinks they would happily hit those exchanges then they are living in la la land. Whats good for us is definetly not good enough for them.

If the American people ever got a good look at all the perks these Clowns have voted in for themselves they would be up in arms.

Last edited:
Then fine LL. If that is true, then it isn't an issue is it? So all the more reason the Democrats should vote for this under the provisions outlined in the OP. Don't you think?

Then fine LL. If that is true, then it isn't an issue is it? So all the more reason the Democrats should vote for this under the provisions outlined in the OP. Don't you think?

You're being stupid. I would urge you to do some research outside your echo-chamber sources.

You're being stupid. I would urge you to do some research outside your echo-chamber sources.

And I would encourage you to focus on the OP in its entirety. Would you support my solution as written? Why or why not?

Eerie but interesting, I just watched Mike Huckabee's program from yesterday in which he proposed almost the very identical suggestion as I did in the OP to solve the ACA situation. Did I dream it? Subconscious suggestion? Maybe he was on during my nap yesterday? I dunno. But I feel affirmed. :)

Huckabee is a moron.

Hold on a sec. Did I just witness a conservative concede the fact that Congress is not exempt from Obamacare? I think my head might explode with joy! After debunking that lie so many times....and never getting anyone to concede the point....I had all but given up!

Thank you Fox. You have left me a glimmer of hope.

Now....to the remainder of your OP:

The grandfather clause is not necessary. If the American people do not like it, the law can be amended if needed later on. Or..it can be repealed.

The Democrats do own it. That is clear. They will get credit.......or blame. No agreement is needed.

There you go.

Last edited:
Hold on a sec. Did I just witness a conservative concede the fact that Congress is not exempt from Obamacare? I think my head might explode with joy! After debunking that lie so many times....and never getting anyone to concede the point....I had all but given up!

The grandfather clause is not necessary. If the American people do not like it, the law can be amended if needed later on. Or..it can be repealed.

The Democrats do own it. That is clear. They will get credit.......or blame. No agreement is needed.

There you go.

Yup. Looks like you are right but its still quite a fight in Congress.

Congress?s Exemption from Obamacare | National Review Online

Interesting:

Most Popular Question at Healthcare.gov: How to Get Exemption From Lack-of-Coverage Penalty Fee?

Most Popular Question at Healthcare.gov: How to Get Exemption From Lack-of-Coverage Penalty Fee?
Jeryl Bier
September 30, 2013 12:25 PM

One day away from the launch of the Obamacare marketplaces, the question most on the minds people visiting the Healthcare.gov website is not about coverage, but rather about avoiding the penalty, or tax, for not having health insurance. As of Monday morning, here is how the website listed its "Most Popular" items:

As the website explains, the fee (tax) in 2014 is 1 percent of annual income or $95 per person, whichever is higher. The fee increases each year. By 2016 it increases to 2.5 percent of income or $695 per person, whichever is higher.

There you go.

Yes, I know that the public information is that Congress will be subject to Obamacare, but will retain certain advantages as was indicated in the US News article you linked. But Politico and some other 'underground' news sources also report that both Democrat and Republican leadership has been negotiating behind closed doors to find a way to exempt members of Congress, their families, and their staffs from Obamacare. It is uncertain how many concessions they have been able to finigle at this time.

And, yes, the grandfather clause IS necessary in order to maintain fiscal accountability. At any rate, what is the harm? If most Americans like it after a year, it will be affirmed on a substantial bipartisan vote. If most Americans don't like it, then the Democrats will have to vote to continue it and take their lumps or they will have the option to do the right thing and deep six it and thereby perhaps have a chance to salvage their political careers.

And you didn't comment on the part of my plan that requires the well over a thousand and counting waivers the administration has given to various groups and businesses--1800 if you go by Nancy Pelosi's math-to be included now. They would not be given temporary or permanent waivers and would be subject to the same laws as everybody else. Doesn't that seem fair if the law is as good as its advertising?

Last edited:

There you go.

Yes, I know that the public information is that Congress will be subject to Obamacare, but will retain certain advantages as was indicated in the US News article you linked. But Politico and some other 'underground' news sources also report that both Democrat and Republican leadership has been negotiating behind closed doors to find a way to exempt members of Congress, their families, and their staffs from Obamacare. It is uncertain how many concessions they have been able to finigle at this time.

And, yes, the grandfather clause IS necessary in order to maintain fiscal accountability. At any rate, what is the harm? If most Americans like it after a year, it will be affirmed on a substantial bipartisan vote. If most Americans don't like it, then the Democrats will have to vote to continue it and take their lumps or they will have the option to do the right thing and deep six it and thereby perhaps have a chance to salvage their political careers.

And you didn't comment on the part of my plan that requires the well over a thousand and counting waivers the administration has given to various groups and businesses--1800 if you go by Nancy Pelosi's math-to be included now. They would not be given temporary or permanent waivers and would be subject to the same laws as everybody else. Doesn't that seem fair if the law is as good as its advertising?

Businesses have different responsibilities in meeting the law's requirements than people do. Corporations are not people. The waivers and the employee mandate delay are absolutely unrelated to the individual mandate.....which is a cornerstone of the legislation.

Forum List

Back