Some Facts About Marathon Bombers You Need To Know

Numbers one and two. :thup:
As for the rest too bad you couldn't stick with simple facts and not use personal political positions to make a point. Oh well.

We live in a time in which there is a growing number of people who need to be reminded we are capable of capturing bad guys and trying them in court using superior methods, without torturing them or stuffing them away in a camp without habeus corpus or trial. We also live in a time in which there is a growing number of people who need to be reminded our government is not planning on blowing up suspects in America with militarized drones.

Even more strangely, there is actually overlap between these two groups. Our country is becoming downright schizophrenic.

Last edited:
As for the rest too bad you couldn't stick with simple facts and not use personal political positions to make a point. Oh well.

We live in a time in which there is a growing number of people who need to be reminded we are capable of capturing bad guys and trying them in court using superior methods, without torturing them or stuffing them away in a camp without habeus corpus or trial.

We live in a time when many liberals are still incapable of distinguishing between mere criminality and acts of war.

Yes. But instead of launching Predator drones with Hellfire missiles, the government used thermal cameras.

Thermal camera footage released of Boston Marathon bombing suspect - Alarabiya.net English | Front Page

Why would they use drones and missiles in a residential area?

Unless of Course the poster of that believes Obama is capable of killing civilians to end a goal of his. Is that what G5000 is saying?

He HAS done it before, just not in a residential neighborhood in Boston.

There is a lot of coulda/woulda/shoulda Monday morning armchair quarterbacking and second guessing going on about the Marathon bombers right now. So here are a few things you need to know before you make an ass of yourself.

1. The FBI looked into the older brother in 2011. They traced his digital footprints and checked him out, and they found zero terrorist connections or communications. They then closed their investigation. What you probably don't know is that Tamerlan traveled to Russia AFTER the book was closed on him.

2. The younger brother is a US citizen. Under a Reagan era Supreme Court ruling, his Mirandizing can be temporarily delayed if there is perceived to be an imminent threat to public safety. For example, did the bombers plant any other bombs? However, this temporary suspension of the reading of his rights has a very short fuse.

3. Any information garnered from the surviving bomber will be collected without beating him up, smacking him around, waterboarding, or through the use of any other kind of torture. Believe it or not, torture is not the only nor the optimum method for intelligence gathering.

4. One of the differences between Bush's NDAA and Obama's NDAA is that under Obama's NDAA, the younger bomber cannot be sent to Gitmo and tried by a military tribunal as he could have been under Bush's NDAA. Since he is a US citizen, he must be tried as a criminal in a US court under Obama's NDAA.

5. The second bomber was captured without militarized drones being deployed. He was not blown up. He was captured with the aid of aircraft using thermal cameras.

What is this "woulda couda shoulda" crap? Years ago the left would be demonstrating in front of the FBI or bombing the Pentagon. Now they claim we shouldn't be judgemental and we shouldn't criticize the freaking FBI? They dropped the ball. Is it alleged that the 2nd bomber isn't entitled to his Miranda rights but otherwise he should be treated as a common criminal? You want to pat federal law enforcement on the back because they didn't blow up the guy with a missile? We have come a long way under Hussein's sorry regime.

I wasn't 'read' my Miranda rights. I read them and signed.

It's funny how innocent people are willing to waive there right to an attorney, simply because they are innocent and want to fully cooperate with police.

I was, to say the least astonished and pissed when at the arraignment, the arresting detective blatantly lied when summarizing my statements made after signing the waiver.

Fortunately, I finally got a judge with a brain who dismissed the whole thing.

Word to the wise: Never waive your right to remain silent, never trust the police, get an attorney immediately!

We live in a time in which there is a growing number of people who need to be reminded we are capable of capturing bad guys and trying them in court using superior methods, without torturing them or stuffing them away in a camp without habeus corpus or trial.

We live in a time when many liberals are still incapable of distinguishing between mere criminality and acts of war.

We live in a time when mentally imbalanced people see every criminal act as an act of war.

and
There is a lot of coulda/woulda/shoulda Monday morning armchair quarterbacking and second guessing going on about the Marathon bombers right now. So here are a few things you need to know before you make an ass of yourselves.

1. The FBI looked into the older brother in 2011. They traced his digital footprints and checked him out, and they found zero terrorist connections or communications. They then closed their investigation. What you probably don't know is that Tamerlan traveled to Russia AFTER the book was closed on him.

2. The younger brother is a US citizen. Under a Reagan era Supreme Court ruling, his Mirandizing can be temporarily delayed if there is perceived to be an immanent threat to public safety. For example, did the bombers plant any other bombs? However, this temporary suspension of the reading of his rights has a very short fuse.

3. Any information garnered from the surviving bomber will be collected without beating him up, smacking him around, waterboarding, or through the use of any other kind of torture. Believe it or not, torture is not the only nor the optimum method for intelligence gathering.

4. One of the differences between Bush's NDAA and Obama's NDAA is that under Obama's NDAA, the younger bomber cannot be sent to Gitmo and tried by a military tribunal as he could have been under Bush's NDAA. Since he is a US citizen, he must be tried as a criminal in a US court under Obama's NDAA.

5. The second bomber was captured without militarized drones being deployed. He was not blown up. He was captured with the aid of aircraft using thermal cameras.

Actually, the person who owned the boat he hid in, called the police.

and then they tracked him with heat signature.

the poster doesnt seem to want to give the polcie any credit.

The people who lived with the mess sure gave them credit

We live in a time when mentally imbalanced people see every criminal act as an act of war.

We live in a time when anyone disagreeing with the pedestrian and narrow minded views of the typical liberal is labeled as "imbalanced" by the whining silly petty dopey liberals.

The same liberals who refuse to assign the proper designation to the behavior of terrorists.

The same liberals who try to avoid even saying the word "terrorists."

There is a lot of coulda/woulda/shoulda Monday morning armchair quarterbacking and second guessing going on about the Marathon bombers right now. So here are a few things you need to know before you make an ass of yourself.

I really can't see the FBI saying anything else, do you expect them to say "we f'd up?" Maybe all there is here is a lesson to be learned. If someone like the Russians warn us about someone then they should be taken more seriously. Why would the Russians warn us if he was clean? Makes no sense whats so ever. The Russians warned us for a reason, the FBI dropped the ball. OR did they? Was it political correctness, incompetence or something far worse?

2. The younger brother is a US citizen. Under a Reagan era Supreme Court ruling, his Mirandizing can be temporarily delayed if there is perceived to be an imminent threat to public safety. For example, did the bombers plant any other bombs? However, this temporary suspension of the reading of his rights has a very short fuse.

Although the ACLU has signed off on a very narrow interrogation without Miranda I think it a stretch to believe that the exception is applicable, my opinion. The intent of the exception was to allow for questions made for immediate public threat, such as "where did you put your gun?" The other interesting part is that Holder has created, all on his own, another exception. An exception for enemy combatants. Now we certainly can agree we don't care much for enemy combatants but in my opinion the rule of law takes just another hit with Holder making law as he goes. I am thinking it is time we get a definition of whom is an enemy combatant. Having the government make that decision could get dicey if the president of your choice is not in office.

If this is so then why not mirandize him? What is the big deal other then the 19 year old will not have a lawyer present? According to holder whatever he says still can be used in a court of law. I say if we really believe them to be enemy combatants then they should be tried under military law in a military court.

Not really true unless you provide a link. How many US citizens have been held at Gitmo? Your implication is many or at least a few. The truth is there was ONE and as soon as his citizenship was realized he was sent back and agreed to renounce his citizenship. BTW there have been about 100 Americans caught in Afghanistan.

Who in the hell made this claim? Why in the hell would they even use a Hellfire they wanted him alive. How do you know for a fact no drones were deployed, I seriously doubt they would come out and say so. I for one don't care if they do use them it is just another tool. But if they are going to use them then they damn well better be sure of whom they are a killing. The administration policy overseas is a damn shame. They pay people 5k to GPS mark cars of suspected terrorists. Sometimes they get it right sometimes they don't. I think that is what happened when they killed the 16 year old American boy. I think someone didn't like him and got him killed. He sure don't look like a terrorist to me. Imagine if GWB had killed an American in such a fashion. That said if they are going to use them in American they better be damn careful. But then again apparently no one really cares who they kill, except me. In addition they better not be military drones

Last edited:

We live in a time in which there is a growing number of people who need to be reminded we are capable of capturing bad guys and trying them in court using superior methods, without torturing them or stuffing them away in a camp without habeus corpus or trial. We also live in a time in which there is a growing number of people who need to be reminded our government is not planning on blowing up suspects in America with militarized drones.

Even more strangely, there is actually overlap between these two groups. Our country is becoming downright schizophrenic.

My point is your delivery belied your premise in the OP and your above post just verified my assessment. Most would call it "trying to score cheap political points under the guise of presenting unbiased facts". It is what it is. :dunno:

It is terrible when people's imaginations run wild:

waco-tank-11.jpg

Last edited:
Remember I said some people were schizo?

Look who wants to violate the Constitutional rights of a US citizen. It isn't Obama: G.O.P. Lawmakers Push to Have Boston Suspect Questioned as Enemy Combatant

Some Republican lawmakers want President Obama to declare the surviving Boston bombing suspect an enemy combatant in order to question him without a lawyer and other protections of the criminal justice system, intensifying a recurring debate over how to handle terrorism cases arising inside the United States.

Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina, is among the earliest and most vocal proponents of declaring Mr. Tsarnaev an enemy combatant. Others include Senators Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire, Saxby Chambliss of Georgia and John McCain of Arizona, as well as Representative Peter T. King of New York, all also Republicans.

The Obama administration has said it thinks terrorism suspects arrested inside the United States should be handled exclusively in the criminal justice system. It has indicated no intention to do otherwise in Mr. Tsarnaev’s case, but the issue is taking on political currency, underscoring a major divide on national security legal policy.

I read that the FBI is looking into sleeper cells that these two may have been tied to. Does that make them, well the remaining terrorist, an enemy combatant? If so, does that mean a military tribunal is the right path to deal with him? He's U.S. citizen so does that make his part in the bombing criminal? Can he be both? How do they know what he is? He is both a criminal and a terrorist? :confused:

Forum List

Back