Some Good Omens for Tea Party/Outsiders Considered

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
1. Trump is neck and neck with Carson in polls of thos who voted in the last GOP Presidential primary, i.e. 'reliable' Republican voters. But among all who lean Republican or self-identify as Republican, Trump is ahead at around 30-35%. This suggests a much larger voter turn out than in 2012 or 2008.

2. Bevin won in Kentucky without much GOP establishment support because his effort was considered doomed from the start. He was way behind in the polls and he got little financial support from the GOP establishment. But he still managed to win in a state that has had a Republican governor for only 4 years of the last 40.

IF you want to reclaim this country from the Professional Political Class that is wrecking it, this is all good news, very good news.

The only way for that to happen is for the states to reassert their rights under the 10th Amendment and take back authority incrementally and illegally usurped by the federal government almost from day one.

In considering the possibility of such an event, one must consider the current educational level of most Americans, which is merely average-to-illiterate.

IF you want to reclaim this country from the Professional Political Class that is wrecking it, this is all good news, very good news.

I guess the question would be who are the PPC who are wrecking America, why are they wreaking it, and how are they wreaking it? Corporations in America have changed the country and they have enlisted followers who Mao would admire.

"While Nike was conducting a huge and expensive PR blitz to tell people that it had cleaned up its subcontractors' sweatshop labor practices, an alert consumer advocate and activist in California named Marc Kasky caught them in what he alleges are a number of specific deceptions. Citing a California law that forbids corporations from intentionally deceiving people in their commercial statements, Kasky sued the multi-billion-dollar corporation. Instead of refuting Kasky's charge by proving in court that they didn't lie, however, Nike instead chose to argue that corporations should enjoy the same "free speech" right to deceive that individual human citizens have in their personal lives." corporate deceit

"Today, however, the increasingly high-pitched appeal by politicians to "our values" sounds ever emptier – alone the confusion of "principles", which require some kind of justification, with "values", which are more or less attractive, irritates me beyond all measure. We can see our political institutions being robbed more and more of their democratic substance during the course of the technocratic adjustment to global market imperatives. Our capitalist democracies are about to shrink to mere façade democracies. These developments call for a scientifically informed enlightenment. But none of the pertinent scientific disciplines – neither economics nor political science or sociology – can, in and of themselves, provide this enlightenment. The diverse contributions of these disciplines have to be processed in the light of a critical self-understanding. Since Hegel and Marx it is precisely this that is "the task of critical social theory, which I continue to regard as the core of the philosophical discourse of modernity." Habermas Critique and communication: Philosophy's missions - Michaël Fœssel, Jürgen Habermas A conversation with Jürgen Habermas

The only way for that to happen is for the states to reassert their rights under the 10th Amendment and take back authority incrementally and illegally usurped by the federal government almost from day one.

In considering the possibility of such an event, one must consider the current educational level of most Americans, which is merely average-to-illiterate.
What we need is an Article V States Constitutional Amendment Convention and we can then fix these problems.

But we have to build a political coalition to get it done.

I guess the question would be who are the PPC who are wrecking America, why are they wreaking it, and how are they wreaking it? Corporations in America have changed the country and they have enlisted followers who Mao would admire.

"While Nike was conducting a huge and expensive PR blitz to tell people that it had cleaned up its subcontractors' sweatshop labor practices, an alert consumer advocate and activist in California named Marc Kasky caught them in what he alleges are a number of specific deceptions. Citing a California law that forbids corporations from intentionally deceiving people in their commercial statements, Kasky sued the multi-billion-dollar corporation. Instead of refuting Kasky's charge by proving in court that they didn't lie, however, Nike instead chose to argue that corporations should enjoy the same "free speech" right to deceive that individual human citizens have in their personal lives." corporate deceit

"Today, however, the increasingly high-pitched appeal by politicians to "our values" sounds ever emptier – alone the confusion of "principles", which require some kind of justification, with "values", which are more or less attractive, irritates me beyond all measure. We can see our political institutions being robbed more and more of their democratic substance during the course of the technocratic adjustment to global market imperatives. Our capitalist democracies are about to shrink to mere façade democracies. These developments call for a scientifically informed enlightenment. But none of the pertinent scientific disciplines – neither economics nor political science or sociology – can, in and of themselves, provide this enlightenment. The diverse contributions of these disciplines have to be processed in the light of a critical self-understanding. Since Hegel and Marx it is precisely this that is "the task of critical social theory, which I continue to regard as the core of the philosophical discourse of modernity." Habermas Critique and communication: Philosophy's missions - Michaël Fœssel, Jürgen Habermas A conversation with Jürgen Habermas

While I am a dilettante at this sort of thing, it seems clear to me that the two political parties had a kind of 'near death' experience when Perot ran in 1992. The political system has been hedged to prevent popular new third parties from emerging in many ways. One of those ways is to hinge the ability of the top two party vote getters in national Presidential elections to immediate ballot access in almost every state.

So Perot was about to up end that little apple cart and there was the very real possibility that he would finish in the top two, thus knocking one party out of auto ballot access, and this would have cost the losing party an incredible sum of money.

So the two parties bought out the Presidential debates from the League of Women Voters and began restricting access to it. United States presidential election debates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

We have not had a third party candidate participate in the Presidential debates ever since.

CPD: Debate History

It's a shame that today's political climate lives and breathes by polls. How could Bevin be "way behind in the polls" and win by a comfortable margin? Maybe the polls are intentionally skewed by the media to influence opinion. It's easy to poll a certain demographic and produce the results you want and it's easy to confuse people by the way questions are phrased. The mainstream media considers the Tea Party to be a dangerous political movement and their intent is to give the impression that the movement is dying. The Kentucky voters who put the 2nd republican in almost a half century in governors house proved the media wrong so radical media elements like "Politico" are doubling down with falsified and exaggerated claims about republican candidates. People are smarter and better informed since the day when Cronkite was king and the only information available to the public had a liberal slant. The old tricks don't work anymore and it seems that the liberal media is on the defensive.

What we need is an Article V States Constitutional Amendment Convention and we can then fix these problems.

Nope. The states have to do it. Merely re-assert the 10th, and do the necessary to make sure the feds understand clearly.

Frankly, I don't want any of our current politicians from either side messing with the Constitution.

Nope. The states have to do it. Merely re-assert the 10th, and do the necessary to make sure the feds understand clearly.

With an ARticle V States Amendment Convention the states WILL be doing it dude. Why do you think they call it a 'states amendment convention'?

Case law has settled most of these issues in a bad way, like granting corporations all rights of a person for free expression, allowed private gain in eminent domain cases, ruled that religion must be silenced in all public forums and officers, redefined marriage and that we do not have the right to pray anywhere we want.

IT requires a Constitutional Amendment to fix this, and since Congress wont pass them, we have to do it ourselves

Frankly, I don't want any of our current politicians from either side messing with the Constitution.

If we elect them then they are by definition politicians. But dont worry, the individual stats vote on each one up or down and it takes 3/4's to pass the amendment, so that would be 38 states if I did my math right.

1. Trump is neck and neck with Carson in polls of thos who voted in the last GOP Presidential primary, i.e. 'reliable' Republican voters. But among all who lean Republican or self-identify as Republican, Trump is ahead at around 30-35%. This suggests a much larger voter turn out than in 2012 or 2008.

How does that suggest a larger turn out than 2012 or 2008? I don't see any indication of voter turn out in anything you posted.

Well, College education does seem to inoculate you from supporting Trump.

Forum List

Back