some of the conservative *cough* "501 (c) (4)" groups

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
these people prolly were given preferential treatment judging by some of the info on them to come to light:

Actually, Tea Party Groups Gave the IRS Lots of Good Reasons to Be Interested
Other tea party leaders with tax problems include:

Michael Patrick Leahy, a management consultant who organized the National Tea Party Coalition, had $150,000 worth of IRS tax liens and court judgments to his name.

Judson Phillips, the founder of the (for-profit) Tea Party Nation filed for bankruptcy in 1999, and had $22,000 in federal tax liens in his past. After Tea Party Nation planned a July 2010 tea party convention in Las Vegas and then canceled due to lack of interest, the organization stiffed the Venetian Hotel for more than 1,500 rooms it had reserved. That resulted in a judge ordering the organization to repay the hotel nearly $750,000.

And then there was tea partier Christine O'Donnell, the Senate candidate from Delaware whose IRS tax lien for nearly $12,000 came to light during her 2010 campaign.
:clap2:

would you have enough gall to file for the status given their former track records & then complain when there is a delay? :dunno:

these people prolly were given preferential treatment judging by some of the info on them to come to light:

Michael Patrick Leahy, a management consultant who organized the National Tea Party Coalition, had $150,000 worth of IRS tax liens and court judgments to his name.

Judson Phillips, the founder of the (for-profit) Tea Party Nation filed for bankruptcy in 1999, and had $22,000 in federal tax liens in his past. After Tea Party Nation planned a July 2010 tea party convention in Las Vegas and then canceled due to lack of interest, the organization stiffed the Venetian Hotel for more than 1,500 rooms it had reserved. That resulted in a judge ordering the organization to repay the hotel nearly $750,000.

And then there was tea partier Christine O'Donnell, the Senate candidate from Delaware whose IRS tax lien for nearly $12,000 came to light during her 2010 campaign.

would you have enough gall to file for the status given their former track records & then complain when there is a delay? :dunno:

Can liberals get any more dishonest? I wonder if we have come to the point where they cannot take a stand for decency and honor because they have simply forgotten what those words mean. And don't care in any case.
And if that is correct, that libs are impervious to things like honor and the good of the country, then why do we allow them to continue living? I for one would go to jail rather than see a pro gay lobbying group illegally shut down. As much as I disagree with whatever agenda they have, I respect their right to pursue it. But I get the feeling the left doesn't feel the same way. For them it is "screw my enemies, everything else is secondary." Can you even argue with such people? Should you?

you're missing the point as usual dot com. in your lame attempts to defend this atrocious action by the IRS you have lost sight of reality.

the fact is, the IRS apologized, i think two people have "resigned" so far, obama said this was outrageous and americans have the right to be angry.

the point isn't whether a few groups were bad, the point is that they were unfairly targeted based on their political leanings. no one is claiming that every group was within the law. that is where your strawman comes burning down in flames.

better luck next time.

having one's application to set-up a social education group ($ machine) delayed because they've been deemed tax dodgers in the past is not in the least surprising to this taxpayer.

And?

Was there any question that some groups need to be questioned? No, there was not. The problem was that the targets were chosen because they had ‘tea party’ or other conservative sounding names, not because there were legitimate reasons for targeting them.

Partisan hackery is strong in you apparently.

I would bet dollars to donuts that some of the conservative 501(c)(4) organizations lied in order to get a tax exempt status.

having one's application to set-up a social education group ($ machine) delayed because they've been deemed tax dodgers in the past is not in the least surprising to this taxpayer.

I fail to see how that had anything to do with the fact that the IRS singled people out for extra scrutiny. Sure, you shouldn't avoid paying your taxes, but um... I'm sure those folks who applied for 501 (c)(4) were paying theirs. You need to support your accusations before you make them.

What makes you think these people were "tax-dodgers" to begin with?

I would bet dollars to donuts that some of the conservative 501(c)(4) organizations lied in order to get a tax exempt status.

Or, I bet since you know this scandal to be concrete and far reaching, that you will deflect away from that fact. That my friend is a non sequitur. You liberals are good at those. The fact is, the IRS kept the American people in the dark for the better part of two years. Who the hell cares?

Or as the Hillary would put it

"At this point, what difference does it make?!"

Last edited:

"Good reason". There it is folks. I bet the Kennedy brothers said the same thing about MLK when they were illegally tapping his phone. Look at the mission statement by tax exempt Media Matters. It is specific to conservatives. The tax exempt "news hounds" monitors "only" Fox "so you won't have to. It's clear that either the DNC or the Hussein administration was developing an illegal political intelligence file something like the one they accused Nixon of. Why would a local IRS supervisor take upon himself to ask intrusive personal questions to only right wing political groups? For his own amusement? Not hardly.

I hope the IRS comes a knocking on Mother Jones door next..

with some the garbage they post, AREN'T they asking for it? where is their list of all the DEMOCRATS and their TAX PROBLEMS?

what a piece of shit Mothers Jones is... releasing PERSONAL information about people( some from 1999) and saying they DESERVED it..

Last edited:
irrelevant

You don't excuse bad bullshit by pointing at something else

the fact they they've been found to be incompetent or downright criminal in managing their own funds doesn't have any bearing on getting approval to run an organization that would collect much more than that? :eusa_eh: MKay

I hope the IRS comes a knocking on Mother Jones door next..

with some the garbage they post, AREN'T they asking for it? where is their list of all the DEMOCRATS and their TAX PROBLEMS?

what a piece of shit Mothers Jones is... releasing PERSONAL information about people and saying they DESERVED it..

No sugar tits, they might've implied it, but I say they deserved extra scrutiny.:razz:

someone's 1/2 Million $ in the hole because they tried to cheat the US Gov't out of rightfully due revenue so they come up w/ an idea to set-up a 501 (c) (4) to fleece rw morans so they can pay-off that rightfully owed debt

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/05/irs-tea-party-tax-problems
Some conservative leaders came to the tea party with significant tax or financial problems of their own. Another TPP founder is Jenny Beth Martin, a Georgia-based political activist. When she started TPP in 2009, her husband Lee Martin had a half-million dollars in federal tax liens against him; he went on to serve as the group's "assistant secretary" in 2010 and 2011 and was intimately involved with the group's financial management.
You people don't see anything wrong w/ that?

Why didn't they do the conservative thing and bootstrap it/get a 4th job to pay-off that tax-debt they owe? :dunno:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bushquotes/a/dumbbushquotes_3.htm
"You work three jobs? ... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

Last edited:
Advice to the radical left: Do not take up the argument that Tea Party and affiliated groups "deserved" special scrutiny from the IRS. It only makes you look like fools in so many ways..

when someone has been found to be a tax-cheat in the past and still owes back-taxes, yes, I'm going to say "why in the fuck are they trying to set-up a *cough* social education group? What makes them think they're smarter now and MOREOVER who's money are they going to steal for private use?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/05/irs-tea-party-tax-problems
FEC filings show that a "leadership fund" set up by the group raised almost $1.2 million in 2012, and gave only $52,000 to candidates for federal office.

what % of $1.2 Million is $52K?

Last edited:
irrelevant

You don't excuse bad bullshit by pointing at something else

the fact they they've been found to be incompetent or downright criminal in managing their own funds doesn't have any bearing on getting approval to run an organization that would collect much more than that? :eusa_eh: MKay

So every organzation singled out had people who were tax dodgers? No, I dont think so.
Another lame excuse and attempt at deflection from the crowd that has no shame.

when someone has been found to be a tax-cheat in the past and still owes back-taxes, yes, I'm going to say "why in the fuck are they trying to set-up a *cough* social education group? What makes them think they're smarter now?

What law would suddenly strip them of their 1A rights?

oops.

*COUGH* Timmy Geitner ring a bell...*cough*
Or how about that billionaire who pays less taxes then his secretary...oh, what's his name, but likes to hang out with Obama?

Keep coughing.

MJ is a Soro's funded.

*cough*

when someone has been found to be a tax-cheat in the past and still owes back-taxes, yes, I'm going to say "why in the fuck are they trying to set-up a *cough* social education group? What makes them think they're smarter now and MOREOVER who's money are they going to steal for private use?

Actually, Tea Party Groups Gave the IRS Lots of Good Reasons to Be Interested | Mother Jones
FEC filings show that a "leadership fund" set up by the group raised almost $1.2 million in 2012, and gave only $52,000 to candidates for federal office.

what % of $1.2 Million is $52K?

*cough*
Where does it show the rest of the money went?
*cough*
dumb@ss

Forum List

Back