Some of us went to the ballpark as kids

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
And when we were there, we watched the game, every minute of it.

340647771_559630869569705_856482881104785110_n.jpg

The first game I ever saw was at the Stick in 1965. It was the crappiest stadium in the world and the wind was howling and the hot dog wrappers swirling, but I got to see Willie Mays run out from under his cap and so it was magic, anyway.

My first major league game was in Pittsburgh on Aug 16, 1948. Cincinnati beat the Pirates 5-2. I was excited to see my heroes Ralph Kiner and Ted Kluszewski but the game was somber after it was announced that Babe Ruth had died that afternoon.

Connie Mack Stadium in Philly in 1965. A doubleheader versus the San Fransisco Giants. Saw Richie Allen strike out with the bases loaded to end game one then hit a grand slam in the first inning of game two. Remembering though is faded.

Spring Training games were a blast for me I still attend when I can but most of the teams moved further south. I hope to get over to Tampa and see a Rays game one day. Braves fan since a kid but also a fan of my home state teams

My dad took me to nosebleed Cleveland Indians games once a year in the late 80's and early 90's... I got to see Nolan Ryan pitch for the last time in Cleveland, some guy ran out onto the field between innings while he was warming up and tried to get him to shake his hand and sign something.. From what I recall Nolan played it off cool for the few moments the guy had but then the unfortunate risk-taker was speared to the ground by multiple security guards.

Forum List

Back