Some possible "fake news" to ponder

The standards the Trumpeteers have are flexible at best, hypocritical worst.

Anyone remember the Ken Starr tenure as Special Prosecutor? He was named to investigate the Whitewater affair. How did this mandate lead to Monica Lewinsky and a semen stained dress?

Why has Trump refused to release his taxes? The only President of modern times to do so. Why did he refuse to place his holdings in a blind trust as all other modern President have?

Mueller's investigation must be as thorough as Starr's.
And... why is he the richest US president in history?

I'm going to guess it's because he's smart and cares about this country.
Yea, he got it the old fashioned way. First he inherited it then he broke contracts, didn't pay his workers and stole from Charity, including children with cancer.

What a "role model". Told ya!

Undoubtedly, right wingers will call this "fake news" since ANYTHING that belittles the Trump administration must be "faked"..........

I have so little trust in Trump that I wouldn't put it past this administration to be planting fake news for purpose to further undermine anything left of the public's confidence in the media.

Considering that Mueller has hired a pantheon of Clinton supporters and donors, and only that, it's looking just a bit suspicious, yes.

So the fact that Muller is a Republican is NOT suspicious, but if he hires Democrats that IS suspicious :rolleyes:

Selective, no?

Some Republicans are not Republicans.

In Mueller's case, frankly I don't know. But packing the office with folks opposed to the subject being investigated does raise a number of obvious questions.

They were calling this fake news last night on here...but are pretty quiet this morning.

I am sure it must be shocking that they have been backing a man proven to lie , yet call everything else fake news..including the FBI.

Absent backing a third party candidate like I did, how exactly did anyone avoid backing a liar?

Considering that Mueller has hired a pantheon of Clinton supporters and donors, and only that, it's looking just a bit suspicious, yes.

Ahhhhh, the old "preventive strike" strategy

Ethics experts said the giving should not preclude anyone’s participation.
Justice Department policies and federal law actually prohibit discriminating based on political affiliation when it comes to hiring for nonpolitical positions — meaning Mueller might feel he cannot consider donation history when he makes hires.

“Bottom line is, I don’t see how donations are relevant,” said Richard Painter, who was the ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush. “I’ve never heard of a single case where a prosecutor has been removed because of a political donation.”

Yeah, a guy Trump fired couldn't possibly be biased, right?

Justice Department policies and federal law actually prohibit discriminating based on political affiliation when it comes to hiring for nonpolitical positions — meaning Mueller might feel he cannot consider donation history when he makes hires.

“Bottom line is, I don’t see how donations are relevant,” said Richard Painter, who was the ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush. “I’ve never heard of a single case where a prosecutor has been removed because of a political donation.”

A person with integrity does not hold biases or prejudice when given responsibility.

Have you considered how it must feel to be a black man when being investigated by an all white police force?

No, I never have.

That's telling ^^^; what it tells is the author lacks empathy.

Nope, I lack racism.

How is it possible for every single person who judges Trump is a shifty person when Trump is the common denominator?

Just playing the odds says this isn't possible.

So, a prosecutor is supposed to load up his staff with people who support the target of his investigation?

So the fact that Muller is a Republican is NOT suspicious, but if he hires Democrats that IS suspicious :rolleyes:

Selective, no?

Some Republicans are not Republicans.

In Mueller's case, frankly I don't know. But packing the office with folks opposed to the subject being investigated does raise a number of obvious questions.

1. He is packing his office full of legal professionals with impeccable credentials.

2. That legal PROFESSIONALS part?That just means they probably have little love for clownshow Trump - doesn't really matter all that much if they are Republican or Democrat. If I was a self-respecting Republican I'd be working overtime to get Trump out and Pence in.

3. They are not the judge and jury. They are prosecutor team.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back