Some possible "fake news" to ponder

Considering that Mueller has hired a pantheon of Clinton supporters and donors, and only that, it's looking just a bit suspicious, yes.

Ahhhhh, the old "preventive strike" strategy

Ethics experts said the giving should not preclude anyone’s participation.
Justice Department policies and federal law actually prohibit discriminating based on political affiliation when it comes to hiring for nonpolitical positions — meaning Mueller might feel he cannot consider donation history when he makes hires.

“Bottom line is, I don’t see how donations are relevant,” said Richard Painter, who was the ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush. “I’ve never heard of a single case where a prosecutor has been removed because of a political donation.”

Yeah, a guy Trump fired couldn't possibly be biased, right?

A person with integrity does not hold biases or prejudice when given responsibility.

LMAO, no one is immune to human nature.

Considering that Mueller has hired a pantheon of Clinton supporters and donors, and only that, it's looking just a bit suspicious, yes.

Justice Department policies and federal law actually prohibit discriminating based on political affiliation when it comes to hiring for nonpolitical positions — meaning Mueller might feel he cannot consider donation history when he makes hires.

“Bottom line is, I don’t see how donations are relevant,” said Richard Painter, who was the ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush. “I’ve never heard of a single case where a prosecutor has been removed because of a political donation.”

So, a prosecutor is supposed to load up his staff with people who support the target of his investigation?

He should look for career people and not former political appointees. Especially not one that was recently fired.

So, a prosecutor is supposed to load up his staff with people who support the target of his investigation?

No, you've confused Mueller's investigation with Darryll Issa's methods. See: Democratic Women Boycott House Contraception Hearing After Republicans Prevent Women From Testifying

Have you considered how it must feel to be a black man when being investigated by an all white police force?

No, I never have.

That's telling ^^^; what it tells is the author lacks empathy.

Nope, I lack racism.

Sure you do. But racism is a product of both ignorance and a lack of empathy, thus, I don't believe you.

No, you've confused Mueller's investigation with Darryll Issa's methods. See: Democratic Women Boycott House Contraception Hearing After Republicans Prevent Women From Testifying

Deflection, typical regressive.

He should look for career people and not former political appointees. Especially not one that was recently fired.

You do realize that a good number of Mueller's team came from HIS law firm and not just "political appointees....

Undoubtedly, right wingers will call this "fake news" since ANYTHING that belittles the Trump administration must be "faked"..........But, some interesting tidbits:

• Some of President Trump's lawyers are exploring ways to limit or undercut special counsel Mueller's Russia investigation, building a case against what they allege are his conflicts of interest and discussing the president's authority to grant pardons, according to people familiar with the effort.
  • Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people.
  • Trump's legal team declined to comment on the issue. But one adviser said the president has simply expressed a curiosity in understanding the reach of his pardoning authority, as well as the limits of Mueller's investigation.
What's the source of this fake news?

Well, those things ARE "Fake News."

When something HAPPENS, that may be news. When someone is considering doing something, that is NOT news. When a lawyer is looking into a possible action, that is NOT news. When a President inquires about the scope of his authority and powers, that is NOT news.

Report back when Trump pardons someone, or fires someone, or directs Mueller to do something (or not to do something), then I'll pay attention, and I might even be "outraged." But none of this is "news," and pretending that it is news is "fake news."
When the Washington posts quotes anonymous sources, it's "fake news."

Have you considered how it must feel to be a black man when being investigated by an all white police force? Given the efforts to defend Trump, and the disdain for Affirmative Action / consent decrees by conservatives and racists, isn't it easy to conclude hypocrisy is once more afoot?

But I digress (and btw, I'm white, 99.9% of European stock), there is no evidence that the staff Mr. Mueller has put together is biased, but such a claim is one more example of propaganda being echoed by the biddable.
That has to be the lamest accusation of hypocrisy ever posted in this forum.

There is abundant evidence that his staff is biased: the are all Democrats. They have donated tens of thousands of dollars to Democrat campaigns.

If that's the case, then Mewler broke the law by hiring only Democrats. He obviously has a bias against Republicans.

Forum List

Back