somebodys wrong ...

Obamacare was far from a positive step. It was a step that was designed to fail from the get go. It was supposed to lead us to socialized medicine and that is a step in the wrong direction.
Exactly. That's what most of people fail to see.

It is the Democrat Party strategy to do outrageous demands throughout legislative actions because they know that the other wing of the party (Repubs) will yield at some point and they will get at least the half of the outrageous proposal. Same thing here, there was no health care crisis but they pushed through the legislation through nuclear option and now everybody talks about national health care instead of scrapping the whole thing and go back as it was. It worked better than this government mandated shit called Obamacare. My deductible increased 3 times, my doctors office visit 2.5 times since it was enacted.

Exactly. Their goal with Obamacare was ONLY to establish another entitlement. They know that once an entitlement is established, it won't go away. Look how many idiot now believe that healthcare is a right?

Obamacare was awfully good to the people of MA, when Romney brought it in.

Irrelevant. Obamacare has failed.
prove it, no one wants you opinion, which is all you got

I'm way too lazy to prove something to you that you and everyone else already know. Fuck off.
You have proven once again that you dont know anything

Then feel free to stop bothering me with your stupid nonsense.
You are so pathetically stupid, its got to hurt. No one has health insurance and the hospitals write off everyones bill.

This is the same CBO that was totally wrong about Obamacare.
Not totally, you are just repeating a talking point. If you look at the numbers they were pretty close on many of the projections. The big miss on the amount of insured can be explained by the unexpected withdrawal of insurers from the exchange which led to less options and higher prices. Something that needed to be fixed. Plus there has been a nonstop anti-obamacare campaign being run by the Right in this country and with the change of power it no wonder people are backing off.
"Unexpected withdrawal"? Who didn't expect it?

You need fewer alternative facts.

What CBO got right - and wrong - on Obamacare

Obamacare didn't do all it was supposed to do. But when you have to lie about what it did to detract from the gop's truly dismal plan, you are not credible

When you start with a plan vomited up by the Heritage Foundation, and then allow the insurance and big pharma industries to lobby at the discussion table and sodomize the public with "draft" legislation, "the people" simply do not matter.
I would have preferred straight tax credits to invividuals who didn't have coverage to Obamacare. But Obamacare was a positive step. It's aim was to increase care, not simply enrich insurance companies.

The gop's present plan is not a total back up to where it was in 2008. but it chooses to cut millionaries taxes to provide less support to for HC.

Obamacare was far from a positive step. It was a step that was designed to fail from the get go. It was supposed to lead us to socialized medicine and that is a step in the wrong direction.
It increased the number of people insured. It decreased providers delivering service to uninsured and costing it to others.

Your objection to Obamacare is ideological, and not based upon results. I'd have preferred direct tax credits to uninsured, but that wasn't the way it went. But anyway you look at the gops proposal is cuts people getting services and cuts taxes on the wealthiest 2%. If that's your ideology, fine.

It increased the number of people insured because it was mandated, that's not freedom and that is wrong. And it also increased the number because it gave away free healthcare to the poor, that is also wrong because others were forced to pay for it. Any way you look at Obamacare it is a failure.

I would have preferred that Obamacare get repealed and not replaced. I don't like this RINOcare any more than Obamacare.
Do you realize that these uninsured that come as a result of dropping the mandate and cutting medicare will only result in more sick uninsured people going to the emergency room and the tax payers fronting the bill for the costs? There is a smarter way to spend our money and it should be pretty obvious to you that the more people who have health insurance the better off everybody is.

It's more expensive to cover people with subsidized private insurance than it is with government healthcare coverage such as Medicaid.

1. for a year of subsidized private insurance, the taxpayer has to provide money towards the cost of the insurance policy, which must be paid whether the insured requires healthcare or not that year.

2. with the government providing the coverage directly, the taxpayer will ONLY pay when the covered person actually requires healthcare.

Think about it.

When you start with a plan vomited up by the Heritage Foundation, and then allow the insurance and big pharma industries to lobby at the discussion table and sodomize the public with "draft" legislation, "the people" simply do not matter.
I would have preferred straight tax credits to invividuals who didn't have coverage to Obamacare. But Obamacare was a positive step. It's aim was to increase care, not simply enrich insurance companies.

The gop's present plan is not a total back up to where it was in 2008. but it chooses to cut millionaries taxes to provide less support to for HC.

It increased the number of people insured. It decreased providers delivering service to uninsured and costing it to others.

Your objection to Obamacare is ideological, and not based upon results. I'd have preferred direct tax credits to uninsured, but that wasn't the way it went. But anyway you look at the gops proposal is cuts people getting services and cuts taxes on the wealthiest 2%. If that's your ideology, fine.

It increased the number of people insured because it was mandated, that's not freedom and that is wrong. And it also increased the number because it gave away free healthcare to the poor, that is also wrong because others were forced to pay for it. Any way you look at Obamacare it is a failure.

I would have preferred that Obamacare get repealed and not replaced. I don't like this RINOcare any more than Obamacare.
who is going to pay the cost of a hospital for those who go and are uninsured?

Hospitals do. It's a write off.

Based on the catastrophic failure of the CBO's prediction on the results of the CLASS Act, I will go with anyone but them. Kent Conrad (a Dem Senator) classified the CLASS Act as a Ponzi scheme worthy of Madoff, but the CBO decided that it cold be implemented in a actuarially sound manner. They were wrong!

Learning From CBO's History Of Incorrect ObamaCare Projections

Obamacare didn't do all it was supposed to do. But when you have to lie about what it did to detract from the gop's truly dismal plan, you are not credible

Insurance companies and big Pharma love Obamacare/single payer… Fact
Normal every day citizens cannot survive under Obama care/single payer...

We wouldn't know, we've never had single payer, works pretty damn well for other societies.

Ok, "totally" is the wrong word. I noticed that they only talked about coverage and didn't mention that the CBO agreed with 0bama when he claimed that Obamacare would lower premiums, nor did the mention that the CBO claimed that Obamacare would not cost the taxpayers money.

It's the CBO that has no credibility.

Not that I like the GOP plan, I call it RINOcare. Obamacare should have been repealed and not replaced.

Repeal the ACA and replace Paul Ryan.
Who pays the hospital costs for the uninsured? No one dares answer that question

The hospitals do, it's a write off.

Write-off of what?
The vast majority of hospitals and health systems are not for profits.

The ERs need to remain open and staffed whether they turn a profit or not. At some point their cost must be passed on to those who pay.

Yeah well insurance and big pharma were in on Obamacare as well.
Obamacare was awfully good to the people of MA, when Romney brought it in.

Depends on who's idea it is doesn't it.

The very best you can say is that people were covered who weren't covered before. They are covered because of the mandate and at the expense of others. Both are wrong.
Everything is at the expense of others whether you have health insurance or not. Learn something for once

Irrelevant.

Based on the catastrophic failure of the CBO's prediction on the results of the CLASS Act, I will go with anyone but them. Kent Conrad (a Dem Senator) classified the CLASS Act as a Ponzi scheme worthy of Madoff, but the CBO decided that it cold be implemented in a actuarially sound manner. They were wrong!

I'm awaiting a tweet from Don for my "alternative facts".

We wouldn't know, we've never had single payer, works pretty damn well for other societies.

It works well if you're healthy. If you're sick, not so much. If it did, the Canadian politicians wouldn't be coming here to the USA to get their life saving operations.

Not totally, you are just repeating a talking point. If you look at the numbers they were pretty close on many of the projections. The big miss on the amount of insured can be explained by the unexpected withdrawal of insurers from the exchange which led to less options and higher prices. Something that needed to be fixed. Plus there has been a nonstop anti-obamacare campaign being run by the Right in this country and with the change of power it no wonder people are backing off.
"Unexpected withdrawal"? Who didn't expect it?
The CBO in their projections and the designers of the ACA

It works well if you're healthy. If you're sick, not so much. If it did, the Canadian politicians wouldn't be coming here to the USA to get their life saving operations.

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft, I'm not interested in your belief system.

U.S. Healthcare Ranked Dead Last Compared To 10 Other Countries

US_spends_much_more_on_health_than_what_might_be_expected_1_slideshow.jpg

Health Costs: How the U.S. Compares With Other Countries

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems

MMS: Error

Health outcomes report cards, by country

davis_mirror_2014_es1_for_web.jpg

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, 2014 Update: How the U.S. Health Care System Compares Internationally

World Health Organization ranking of health systems in 2000 - Wikipedia

US health outcomes far worse than other comparable nations, report finds

Thats another talking point that is not true... While Obama may have originally wanted single payer it is ridiculous to think the ACA was written to fail. Through the ACA millions of people received healthcare. Lives were saved. That is a fact.

Costs did go up and options went down which are problems that need work.

It's the absolute truth.
Its a cheap talking point and scare tactic to degrade single payer. Anybody with a brain knows that creating a failing progressive healthcare plan does not lead to a double down on progressive ideology or single payer... it leads to a change of power and a replacement from an opposing ideological policy, which is exactly what is happening. There is no way that was Obamas intent... The facts that are right in front of your face prove your theory wrong.

It absolutely does. Obamacare was designed solely to establish yet another entitlement. THe dems know that once an entitlement is established, it's virtually impossible to get rid of. It was designed to fail after establishing that entitlement so that to "fix the problems" we would eventually go to single payer. It's the truth. You may not like to hear it, but it's the truth.

OMG who fucking cares?
You get another group to do it and it will be different as well.
OMG who fucking cares?

Exactly the position required to be a Trumpist.
Reality?

The reality is this bill is dead.
That's fine. That has absolutely NO bearing on what I said.
You know, just as well as I do, it would come out different. You just wanted to be an asshole, correct?

The CBO is the only agency that scores legislation. Saying that another group would score it differently has NO bearing on the process in Congress.

Just like the socialism that it serves, single payer destroys any sort of freedom and individuality. Millions of people want nothing to do with Obamacar/single payer, why force people into such things?

I'm way too lazy to prove something to you that you and everyone else already know. Fuck off.

You are so pathetically stupid, its got to hurt. No one has health insurance and the hospitals write off everyones bill.

apparently you didnt get the GOP memo .. its much better for sick people to go to a county hospital with NO insurance, and have taxpayers foot the bill than it is have an insurance company pick up the tab.

It's freeeeeeee! Weeeeee!

Normal every day citizens cannot survive under anything this political system has ever come up with relative to healthcare.

Forum List

Back