CDZ Song of The South

It was 'banned' because some found the concept of slaves singing while returning from the cotton fields offensive.

(I picked up a DVD of it last fall.)

They probably dont' care for Oliver Hardy and Stan Laurel in this movie for the same reason.

Funny the left don't mind men pretending to be women. But get "offended" by whites pretending to be black.
How is that even possible?

My copy arrived a few weeks ago.

Haven't watched it yet.

However good the movie itself may or may not be, it's easily worth the price as a “fuck you” to the “cancel culture”, and to support a merchant that dares to stand up against it.

I'm just the kind of guy who would do something like this.

I once walked up on a karen complaining of a lemonade stand, ran by some kids. I had a $20 on me, and bought $20 worth. When I offered the Karen a free one, she rolled her eyes and walked away.

Best $20 I ever spent.

So I don't know how but I was able to buy this movie on Amazon. Anyways, is there anybody else on here who was able to see this movie? If so, what did you think of it? Me personally, I think that a lot of people are just overreacting and that it's a really cute movie. :)

I wasn't able to see it on Amazon - didn't look for it - but I saw it as a kid.

Thank the gods that you can still buy racist movies! MURICA!!!!

Look at who you people are still electing. Makes sense, right?

1626725315438.png

People have made fun of each other forever .Like they do hillbillies and other groups of people.

I remember right after my husband and I got married, I showed him the movie "Lil' Abner". He'd never heard of the comic strip, let alone the movie. He was offended and outraged by the depiction of people in Appalachia, as a new member of a family from that region. He asked my parents why they weren't offended by it, and they shrugged and said, "Well, because a lot of people there are actually like that."

Yeah so did I. My pawpaw used to sing it to me whenever we went out for a walk on a beautiful day. I was just thinking about it last night and I think the only reason Song of The South has been dubbed racist is because people don't like to be reminded of bad things that occurred in history. I love Uncle Remus and I would have as a child as well and would have wished that I could have adventures with him as well and hear his stories. Heck! I want to as an adult!! :D Now come on everybody you all know the words. ;)

The movie is considered racist because of its sanitized depiction of slaves as happy and contented in their slavery, I believe.

The movie is considered racist because of its sanitized depiction of slaves as happy and contented in their slavery, I believe.

Seems to me that the movie took place after the civil war and they weren't slaves anymore though. :/

I watched Bing Crosby in Holiday Inn. I'm sure a few heart attacks happened when it was on tv last december.

So I don't know how but I was able to buy this movie on Amazon. Anyways, is there anybody else on here who was able to see this movie? If so, what did you think of it? Me personally, I think that a lot of people are just overreacting and that it's a really cute movie. :)
I have it on DVD. I first saw it when I was Little. I liked Brer FOX. Funny. I never noticed that Uncle Remus was Black. Just a nice old guy who told great stories.----Pretty soon they will ban Snow White because of Dwarfs.

Forum List

Back