CDZ Song of The South

Oh, God, that was such a great movie. I am amazed you found it: I tried to buy a copy years ago and couldn't find one. I haven't seen it since I was a child.

Same deal with "Green Pastures."

I suppose this is what will happen with my favorite childhood Seuss books. They are contraband now, maybe will come back, if we're lucky. These horrible Woke types, cancelling the best there is.

My wife and I successfully Amazoned a copy of it some months ago. The listing from which we bought it is now dead. Looks like an attempt has been made to censor anything about it that indicates what the product was. No image, no title, no description.

However, there is a new listing, from the same seller, for what appears to be the same product.

Circe, I tried messaging you but I couldn't, so I decided to ask you on this thread if you've gotten your copy and watched yet instead.

Circe, I tried messaging you but I couldn't, so I decided to ask you on this thread if you've gotten your copy and watched yet instead.
Yes!! We both watched it last night. I was surprised how emotional I felt during the bluebird song --- I can't understand why they would cancel that innocent movie for so long.

It is hard to tell who is selling it, but it's a good copy. Maybe it went off copyright and someone bought the rights, is my only speculation.

Yes!! We both watched it last night. I was surprised how emotional I felt during the bluebird song --- I can't understand why they would cancel that innocent movie for so long.

I do. It's because they're all a bunch of idiots. :rolleyes:

I literally bought --- and fortunately read quickly --- that Canadian book Amazon banned, When Harry Became Sally. It was excellent, scholarly, basically a med-psychological work on the transvestite problem. I bought it as a digital book and they sucked it right out of my Kindle library. I complained bloody murder and ended up on a call center line in India where they had never heard of anything, and didn't care, and giggled.

I live and die on Amazon, but I do resent them having done that.

Forum List

Back