Songs about Death and Grieving

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
I watched a video this morning in which some guy talked about the 5 best songs about death and grieving. He crossed all genres when he was selecting them.

I like most of his choices. He had James Taylor's 'Fire & Rain', Clapton's 'Tears in Heaven', and Boys2Men's 'It's So Hard to Say Goodbye'.

Then he capped it off with one of, if not THE greatest song of this type. George Jones' 'He Stopped Loving Her Today'

i have an elderly family member who has stage 4 cancer. i'm mostly listening to sad songs these days, but sometimes i just have to party with my bro's, but my heart's not in it

i have an elderly family member who has stage 4 cancer. i'm mostly listening to sad songs these days, but sometimes i just have to party with my bro's, but my heart's not in it

Personally, I think Warren Zevon nailed it with his 'Keep Me in Your Heart for a While'.

I am sorry about your family member. I hope the memories sustain you in your grief.

Mom had them play this at her funeral,

about the body breaking down beyond repair

The alltime greatest is 'Danny Boy'.

by one of the female sopranos.

I agree totally with that song. It tugs at the soul.

I wish I had a recording of that song done by a friend at a memorial service.

Mike Geier, better known as Puddles the Clown, has an amazing baritone voice. He sang 'Danny Boy' at a memorial service for a mutual friend. A hundred or so people were gathered at the edge of Little 5 Points in Atlanta. There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd.

I agree totally with that song. It tugs at the soul.

I wish I had a recording of that song done by a friend at a memorial service.

Mike Geier, better known as Puddles the Clown, has an amazing baritone voice. He sang 'Danny Boy' at a memorial service for a mutual friend. A hundred or so people were gathered at the edge of Little 5 Points in Atlanta. There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd.
Yes, it's the best for sure!
Renee Fleming at John McCains Funeral. O Danny Boy

Renee Fleming is no doubt great but Danny Boy is meant for young lovers IMO.

I watched a video this morning in which some guy talked about the 5 best songs about death and grieving. He crossed all genres when he was selecting them.

I like most of his choices. He had James Taylor's 'Fire & Rain', Clapton's 'Tears in Heaven', and Boys2Men's 'It's So Hard to Say Goodbye'.

Then he capped it off with one of, if not THE greatest song of this type. George Jones' 'He Stopped Loving Her Today'
How about The Offspring's song Gone Away?

Forum List

Back