🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sony hack takes a very serious turn

Unbroken is a 2014 American war drama film produced and directed by Angelina Jolie based on the 2010 nonfiction book by Laura Hillenbrand, Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. The film, which revolves around the life of Olympic athlete Louis "Louie" Zamperini, stars Jack O'Connell as Zamperini with Miyavi, Garrett Hedlund, and Domhnall Gleeson.
The film had its world premiere in Sydney on November 17, 2014 and is scheduled for a wide release in the United States on Christmas Day 2014.

If I were to go to the show on Christmas this is the one I'd see, but I don't.

Sorry. "The Hobbit: Battle Of The Five Armies" is the only movie I would pay to see this Christmas.

I don't feel like dodging bullets for some silly comedy that will probably suck.

After Disney putting Tonto in a cage, I will probably never go to another movie.

Never been so pissed in my life.

You paid to see that?

It was no "Pirates Of The Caribbean" for sure.
I was born listening to the Lone Ranger.

I had to go, but I was outraged.

Fuck Sony.

And Fuck the theater chains.

Most of all fuck the Fat Psychotic Leader of North Korea and his Nerd Hit Squad.

Now some fat psycho in North Korea can order a room full of pimple-faced hackers to terrorize American businesses (I know Sony is a Japanese multinational but their film division is run out of Culver City Californian and employs Americans.) into doing what they want.

I bet it's 8-10 guys at most sitting in a room with guns to their heads who just brought down a major films company and five major theater chains -- made them bend to their will.

Do these companies have any idea what kind of dangerous precedent this sets?

People - North Korea doesn't allow it's citizens to leave for any reason. I seriously doubt there's a "cell" hidden someone in the U.S.

No, I don't want anyone to get hurt, but once you start giving in to the demands of Psychotic Children, where does it end.

I wasn't even thinking of seeing the movie, but now...

Team America World Police ripped on his father Kim Jong Il, but Un is a Megalomaniac.

Our federal government's main job is to protect its citizens and their interests. The payback for this better be epic.

He can't take a joke -- I say we really take Un out. Send Dennis Rodman back strapped.

Fuck this pisses me off -- and mostly just on principle.

I'm sure Hitler didn't like Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator.

I was going to wait until it came out on video anyway. Movie theatres haven't been an attraction for me since I was a horny teenager whose best shot at second base was in a dark balcony.

So what's the history behind this?

Did we cave like when Hillary made South Park not show Mohomoah as a fag?

-Geaux

So what's the history behind this?

Did we cave like when Hillary made South Park not show Mohomoah as a fag?

-Geaux

Well it's good to know that when we're all united as one against a common threat, you're still on the job trying to divide us from each other. Nice work.

"You can no longer serve pork in ANY restuarant in the USA...OR ELSE".

"We plan to test some missiles and they are aimed at you. YOU WILL STAND DOWN IF ONE HITS...OR ELSE".

"Hollywood is to be stopped from ever making any movie about NK or the middle east, OR ELSE".

Question: Why are our soldiers DYING for our freedoms if we sit back, grovel, kowtow and obey a THREAT from schmucks? May as well bring them all home. We just lost with this bullshit today. WE LOST. We are now seen as weaklings. This opens the door to any assholes because they now know we have no balls.

I am totally pissed off. We bowed. Over a STUPID comedy movie starring two losers who are not funny anyway. The mighty USA has cowered over...THIS.

Mr. and Ms. Soldier..I am so sorry you died or lost a brother or sister or family member in a war today while we buckled under a fat fucks threat.

I am totally pissed off. We bowed. Over a STUPID comedy movie starring two losers who are not funny anyway. The mighty USA has cowered over...THIS.

We should send a message to Pyonyang immediately. And let the message read:

"Yes Master. May we have another?"

Might as well -- it's what Sony just did on our behalf.

Time for the bootleg copies to hit YouTube.

U.S. Links North Korea to Sony Hacking

WASHINGTON — American officials have concluded that North Koreaordered the attacks on Sony Pictures’s computers, a determination reached as the studio decided Wednesday to cancel the release of a comedy movie about the assassination of Kim Jong-un that is believed to have led to the hacking.

Senior administration officials, who would not speak on the record about the intelligence findings, said the White House was still debating whether to publicly accuse North Korea of what amounts to a cyberterrorism campaign. Sony’s decision to cancel release of “The Interview” amounted to a capitulation to the threats sent out by hackers this week that they would launch attacks, perhaps on theaters themselves, if the movie was released.

Officials said it was not clear how the White House would decide to respond to NorthKorea. Some within the Obama administration argue that the government of Mr. Kim must be directly confronted, but that raises the question of what consequences the administration would threaten — or how much of its evidence it could make public without revealing details of how the United States was able to penetrate North Korean computer networks to trace the source of the hacking.

Others argue that a direct confrontation with the North over the threats to Sony and moviegoers might result in escalation, and give North Korea the kind of confrontation it often covets. Japan, for which Sony is an iconic corporate name, has argued that a public accusation could interfere with delicate diplomatic negotiations underway for the return of Japanese nationals kidnapped years ago.

The sudden urgency inside the administration over the Sony issue came after a new threat was delivered this week to desktop computers at Sony’s offices that if “The Interview” was released on Dec. 25, “the world will be full of fear.” It continued: “Remember the 11th of September 2001. We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/world/asia/us-links-north-korea-to-sony-hacking.html?_r=0
Damn. Thanks for sharing this

I used your quote, Pogo, over at Twitter. Hope you don't mind.
We should send a message to Pyonyang immediately. And let the message read:

"Yes Master. May we have another?"

Gracie you're wrong here. This is over lawsuits and liabilities. This has nothing to do with bowing to terrorists threats.

Unbroken is a 2014 American war drama film produced and directed by Angelina Jolie based on the 2010 nonfiction book by Laura Hillenbrand, Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. The film, which revolves around the life of Olympic athlete Louis "Louie" Zamperini, stars Jack O'Connell as Zamperini with Miyavi, Garrett Hedlund, and Domhnall Gleeson.
The film had its world premiere in Sydney on November 17, 2014 and is scheduled for a wide release in the United States on Christmas Day 2014.

If I were to go to the show on Christmas this is the one I'd see, but I don't.

Sorry. "The Hobbit: Battle Of The Five Armies" is the only movie I would pay to see this Christmas.

I don't feel like dodging bullets for some silly comedy that will probably suck.

After Disney putting Tonto in a cage, I will probably never go to another movie.

Never been so pissed in my life.

You paid to see that?

It was no "Pirates Of The Caribbean" for sure.
I was born listening to the Lone Ranger.

I had to go, but I was outraged.
Yep.

Gracie you're wrong here. This is over lawsuits and liabilities. This has nothing to do with bowing to terrorists threats.
Yes it does. Every day, we are ALL under threats. So this fat fuck hacks someone, makes demands and threats, and they cave over MAYBE and WHAT IF or OR ELSE.

We have the freedom to watch movies that we wish to see. Not any more. All it takes is a threat and those rights have been vanquished by the cowards that pulled the product or whatever. This is the USA. Nobody dictates to us that is not the USA. But they do NOW, don't they?

Well, the government says that it traced the threat against Sony's release of the film to North Korea.
Sony canceled the premiere showing of the film, as well as it's December 25th release.
I believe what we are witnessing, is the future demise of western style films, with film production companies caving in to threats out of fear.
All Islamists have to do is to threaten theater bombings if movie content doesn't fall in with Islamic teachings and women wear hijabs or burkas.
Sony should have just ignored the ramblings and released the film. The only real threat in this case was more computer hacking, not violence, as no North Korean terror cell has ever been shown to even exist in the United States.

Forum List

Back