🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sony hack takes a very serious turn

so you're ok with a loss of life when it knowingly could have been avoided? (Again this is only under the hypothetical that intelligence knew of a real and credible threat)

What you write really highlights the decline of our nation. The WWII generation, when faced with a threat, rushed machine gun nests to protect and secure liberty.No one asked if we were "ok with the loss of life," it was part of our culture that liberty was worth dying for. Now we entertain surrender to a two bit nest of thugs and gangsters for fear that they might engage in terrorist acts.
The USA didn't rush to machine gun nests. Most Americans wanted nothing to do with ww2. FDR dragged them kicking and screaming.

After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor Americans were standing in line to enlist. I don't know who told you otherwise.

Dennis Rodman's nickname was the Worm. Hackers unleash viruses called worms. Coincidence?

Guardians of Peace opened up a can of worms, that's for sure.
Considering the damage to SONY, it wouldn't make sense that it was as inside job to promote the movie.

In the future, there will be internet archaeologists who dig up emails from famous people to write biographies. No secrets anymore.

Unbroken is a 2014 American war drama film produced and directed by Angelina Jolie based on the 2010 nonfiction book by Laura Hillenbrand, Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. The film, which revolves around the life of Olympic athlete Louis "Louie" Zamperini, stars Jack O'Connell as Zamperini with Miyavi, Garrett Hedlund, and Domhnall Gleeson.
The film had its world premiere in Sydney on November 17, 2014 and is scheduled for a wide release in the United States on Christmas Day 2014.

If I were to go to the show on Christmas this is the one I'd see, but I don't.

Sorry. "The Hobbit: Battle Of The Five Armies" is the only movie I would pay to see this Christmas.

I don't feel like dodging bullets for some silly comedy that will probably suck.

Unbroken is a 2014 American war drama film produced and directed by Angelina Jolie based on the 2010 nonfiction book by Laura Hillenbrand, Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. The film, which revolves around the life of Olympic athlete Louis "Louie" Zamperini, stars Jack O'Connell as Zamperini with Miyavi, Garrett Hedlund, and Domhnall Gleeson.
The film had its world premiere in Sydney on November 17, 2014 and is scheduled for a wide release in the United States on Christmas Day 2014.

Sorry. "The Hobbit: Battle Of The Five Armies" is the only movie I would pay to see this Christmas.

I don't feel like dodging bullets for some silly comedy that will probably suck.

After Disney putting Tonto in a cage, I will probably never go to another movie.

Never been so pissed in my life.

After Disney putting Tonto in a cage, I will probably never go to another movie.

Never been so pissed in my life.

You paid to see that?

It was no "Pirates Of The Caribbean" for sure.

Things just took a very serious turn (not that the hacking was to be taken lightly)

This may be just a threat/scare tactic to keep asses out of the seats for this film or some serious shit is about to go down.

I don't know how I feel at this point. My first reaction is that theatre's should just call it off, pull the film. The possibility of losing a lot of lives--or a few lives-- for a silly movie is just not worth it. On the other hand, nothing could happen. I don't know folks, is it worth it?

Sony Hackers Threaten People Who See The Interview Invoke 9 11

I do not go to the theatre so this does not personally effect me but I do find irony in the news story, CK. Here is it is: While Hollywood producers are very quick to make films which mock and make fun of Christians and patriotic Americans in order to promote their communist agenda - they are taken to task by a Communist group - defending a Communist leader in North Korea who apparently does not share their "sense of humor" when it comes to their own.

Perhaps this is their first wake up call as to what Communism is really about and will cause them to think twice about the road they have been on and why it is only hastening the day in which they will lose their own freedom of speech / expression and ability to make money.

How ironic that the very people who are now going after them are the same people they thought they shared common ground with. Interesting turn of events.

The Interview Movie is just a fantasy, but it's dangerous when one's dreams or fantasies irritate North Korea's leader.
"[Kim Jong Un's Uncle] Jang’s downfall looked all but certain after he was arrested earlier this week in front of top party members for, among other things, the Kafkaesque crime of 'dreaming different dreams.' "
See North Korea Kim Jong Un Executes His Uncle Consolidates Power TIME.com
11366278625_da36ff55bb_o.jpg

(above) A fantasy conversation between the "Tempest in a Teapot" father and his son Kim Jong Un.

This is embarassing. We are the laughingstock of the world. Over a stupid movie and a bunch of cowards.

We just spelled our doom.

Fuck Sony.

And Fuck the theater chains.

Most of all fuck the Fat Psychotic Leader of North Korea and his Nerd Hit Squad.

Now some fat psycho in North Korea can order a room full of pimple-faced hackers to terrorize American businesses (I know Sony is a Japanese multinational but their film division is run out of Culver City Californian and employs Americans.) into doing what they want.

I bet it's 8-10 guys at most sitting in a room with guns to their heads who just brought down a major films company and five major theater chains -- made them bend to their will.

Do these companies have any idea what kind of dangerous precedent this sets?

People - North Korea doesn't allow it's citizens to leave for any reason. I seriously doubt there's a "cell" hidden someone in the U.S.

No, I don't want anyone to get hurt, but once you start giving in to the demands of Psychotic Children, where does it end.

I wasn't even thinking of seeing the movie, but now...

Team America World Police ripped on his father Kim Jong Il, but Un is a Megalomaniac.

Our federal government's main job is to protect its citizens and their interests. The payback for this better be epic.

He can't take a joke -- I say we really take Un out. Send Dennis Rodman back strapped.

Fuck this pisses me off -- and mostly just on principle.

I'm sure Hitler didn't like Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator.

Way to grow a pair, movie industry.

Fucking wimps.

Whatever the plot of this flick is, it should be made into a play and performed on street theaters everywhere. Simultaneously. And broadcast live to Pyonyang with a fucking gigawatt of power.

There better be REAL punishment for this. I want the hackers thrown in prison, and i want to see sanctions against North Korea. If there is a god or karma exists, the CIA will have that fat retard assassinated.

Damn H-Nutts, never knew you were such a big Seth Rogen fan.......

Not really.

Just pissed off that a room full of nerds can get us to bend to their will.

Cyberterrorism? Are you f-ing kidding me? We have MIT, CalTech, CalPoly, -- we got the market cornered on smart guys in front of computers.

And BTW -- Hey Anonymous, any time you're ready, fire back on our behalf.

Things just took a very serious turn (not that the hacking was to be taken lightly)

This may be just a threat/scare tactic to keep asses out of the seats for this film or some serious shit is about to go down.

I don't know how I feel at this point. My first reaction is that theatre's should just call it off, pull the film. The possibility of losing a lot of lives--or a few lives-- for a silly movie is just not worth it. On the other hand, nothing could happen. I don't know folks, is it worth it?

Sony Hackers Threaten People Who See The Interview Invoke 9 11

I do not go to the theatre so this does not personally effect me but I do find irony in the news story, CK. Here is it is: While Hollywood producers are very quick to make films which mock and make fun of Christians and patriotic Americans in order to promote their communist agenda - they are taken to task by a Communist group - defending a Communist leader in North Korea who apparently does not share their "sense of humor" when it comes to their own.

Perhaps this is their first wake up call as to what Communism is really about and will cause them to think twice about the road they have been on and why it is only hastening the day in which they will lose their own freedom of speech / expression and ability to make money.

How ironic that the very people who are now going after them are the same people they thought they shared common ground with. Interesting turn of events.

whaaa?
ScratchHead.gif

U.S. Links North Korea to Sony Hacking

WASHINGTON — American officials have concluded that North Koreaordered the attacks on Sony Pictures’s computers, a determination reached as the studio decided Wednesday to cancel the release of a comedy movie about the assassination of Kim Jong-un that is believed to have led to the hacking.

Senior administration officials, who would not speak on the record about the intelligence findings, said the White House was still debating whether to publicly accuse North Korea of what amounts to a cyberterrorism campaign. Sony’s decision to cancel release of “The Interview” amounted to a capitulation to the threats sent out by hackers this week that they would launch attacks, perhaps on theaters themselves, if the movie was released.

Officials said it was not clear how the White House would decide to respond to NorthKorea. Some within the Obama administration argue that the government of Mr. Kim must be directly confronted, but that raises the question of what consequences the administration would threaten — or how much of its evidence it could make public without revealing details of how the United States was able to penetrate North Korean computer networks to trace the source of the hacking.

Others argue that a direct confrontation with the North over the threats to Sony and moviegoers might result in escalation, and give North Korea the kind of confrontation it often covets. Japan, for which Sony is an iconic corporate name, has argued that a public accusation could interfere with delicate diplomatic negotiations underway for the return of Japanese nationals kidnapped years ago.

The sudden urgency inside the administration over the Sony issue came after a new threat was delivered this week to desktop computers at Sony’s offices that if “The Interview” was released on Dec. 25, “the world will be full of fear.” It continued: “Remember the 11th of September 2001. We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/world/asia/us-links-north-korea-to-sony-hacking.html?_r=0

Forum List

Back