Sooo...homebrewing beer...fellow brewers?

I'd rather make wine. In fact, last year I started a rhubarb patch. It kind of struggled because of the second year of drought we were having, but this year it's doing much better with all the rain. When it matures a bit I should get a decent harvest. I'm thinking about making some rhubarb wine.

Damn...I missed this thread!! A week went by with no response so I gave up.
My double chocolate coffee stout is "finished" - and damn is it good. It ended up being 9%, and only at the end of the glass when it has come close to room temperature can you taste the alcohol. (Note I didn't say you couldn't feel it...oh you definitely feel it) But I am saving these till late Oct or Nov,
Right now I have a Chinook/Cascade hopped ale that is 6%, and a Orange spiced ale in the carboy that will be ready in about 3-4 weeks. (Think Blue Moon on steroids...both in alcohol and flavor)

If anyone is interested....I recommend "Northern Brewer" - top notch, fresh ingredients.
After initial investment, you can make very good beer for about $5-$8 per six pack. Some less than that for the simpler pale ales...you can get down to about $3.50 for a pale ale at about 5% alcohol.
But - saving money is not why you would want to do this. It is a great hobby - that has fantastic fringe benefits...heh.

Quick question...............my birthday was the 10th of this month, and since you're bragging about the chocolate coffee stout you made, can I have 4 bottles of it? 2 for me, and 2 for my room mate.

We both like coffee and we both like a good chocolate stout (I first ran into it in New Mexico).

I'd be willing to PM you my address if you're willing to be generous with 4 bottles.

Forum List

Back