Sorry Forum Racists, Sterling Lost...

You can say what you want to and not be arrested. However, if it embarrasses the employer or makes them lose money you suffer consequences. Try it for yourself and see how fast you loose your job.

I can say what I want, just not at work? Who decided that? Liberals with their PC bull****, that's who.

Correct! That IS HOW the game is played now, but why? Is it making anyone's life better?

That just the way it is? Not if I have a say, not if enough people decide that we are doing the wrong thing and start standing up to it.

Should I assume you are unemployed?

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

Don't call me a racist in the first place, asshole.

That's the problem with you PC addicted, Liberal, shit-house lawyers! Every word out of someone's mouth is a racist slur; you try to use that as grounds to jail/sue/smear anyone you want based on what the strictest and most thin-skinned nut-cases, construes as "racism."

No better example than your thread title.

It's dishonest, it's racist and it's absolutely not the tone I wish to heed.

... Commie.

:mad:

I see you decided to wear the shoes.

I decided to call it like I see it.

Wearing the shoes? I'm a racist? Who said anything about your race, pin-head???

Please point that out for the class. Maybe you can PM Cereal Killer and ask him to remove me from the site for being a racist?

Once again you play the "racist" card for unfounded, made-up reasons.

Now THAT'S a straw-man!

:cuckoo:

You can say what you want to and not be arrested. However, if it embarrasses the employer or makes them lose money you suffer consequences. Try it for yourself and see how fast you loose your job.

I can say what I want, just not at work? Who decided that? Liberals with their PC bull****, that's who.

Correct! That IS HOW the game is played now, but why? Is it making anyone's life better?

That just the way it is? Not if I have a say, not if enough people decide that we are doing the wrong thing and start standing up to it.

Should I assume you are unemployed?

Assume whatever garbage you want.

Firstly, I don't care what people "think" as long as they don't try to use it to influence the game.

Second, it was a private conversation - you should hear some of the crap I say to my cabbie buddies! Probably not entirely UNLIKE stuff that you and YOUR buddies might kick around.

That's the world you want to live in? Think about it - think about how it just might be you that gets singled out for some bullshit lawsuit where you get called a racist, and public opinion convicts you before you get your say.

Jesus Christ! You WON'T see what's right in front of your face!!!

:mad:

How do you know what he thought didnt influence the game? I know one player left the Clippers because of his racism. I'd say that was influencing the game.

You nor I signed a contract giving someone the right to invalidate our holdings in a private franchise. It had nothing to do with the law per say. In this case Sterling gave the NBA the legal right to take his team.

Just in case you were unaware someone can sue you for anything but that doesnt mean they will have a leg to stand on. That's what a frivolous lawsuit is. The danger of that did not get worse due to this issue.

That's an interesting point and I'd like to address it.

Are we talking about J.J. Redick?

20120226_kkt_sv7_276.0_standard_352.0.jpg

^^^ That guy???

:lol:

I really don't believe in what way Sterling was going to keep this man down. Presumably, Sterling hated blacks, correct? How was he going to discriminate against Redick? By not letting him play? Why would he sign him then, to NOT play him?

No we are talking about Baron Davis. Also Elgin Baylor

042714-sports-donald-sterling-baron-davis.jpg

NBA players want maximum sanction for Clippers owner Donald Sterling over alleged racist remarks - Zap2it | News & Features

It's not the first time Sterling has been accused of racist conduct or just generally poor behavior. In fact, NBA player Baron Davis says on Twitter, "That's the way it is...He is honest about what he believes in..Been going on for a long time, Hats off 2 the Team.. 4 playin above it all."

Most employers that will fire your ass for being a racist.

Yes its making everyone's life better except the racist. He has to choke on his words or face the consequences.

Thats the way it is unless you can convince people not to be offended at racist language. Personally I think this say what you want to ideology is vastly over rated. If you have nothing good to say shut up.

How do you know what he thought didnt influence the game? I know one player left the Clippers because of his racism. I'd say that was influencing the game.

You nor I signed a contract giving someone the right to invalidate our holdings in a private franchise. It had nothing to do with the law per say. In this case Sterling gave the NBA the legal right to take his team.

Just in case you were unaware someone can sue you for anything but that doesnt mean they will have a leg to stand on. That's what a frivolous lawsuit is. The danger of that did not get worse due to this issue.

^^^ That guy???

I really don't believe in what way Sterling was going to keep this man down. Presumably, Sterling hated blacks, correct? How was he going to discriminate against Redick? By not letting him play? Why would he sign him then, to NOT play him?

NBA players want maximum sanction for Clippers owner Donald Sterling over alleged racist remarks - Zap2it | News & Features

It's not the first time Sterling has been accused of racist conduct or just generally poor behavior. In fact, NBA player Baron Davis says on Twitter, "That's the way it is...He is honest about what he believes in..Been going on for a long time, Hats off 2 the Team.. 4 playin above it all."

... By calling him a fat out of shape bastard? That's racism???

^^^ That guy???

When you consider he was known for being a racist yes.

Elgin Baylor's Clippers Lawsuit: Shocking Claims Against Owner Donald Sterling

"During this same period, players Sam Cassell, Elton Brand and Corey Maggette complained to me that DONALD STERLING would bring women into the locker room after games, while the players were showering, and make comments such as, 'Look at those beautiful black bodies.' I brought this to Sterling's attention, but he continued to bring women into the locker room."

Also -

Jury rejects Elgin Baylor's wrongful-termination lawsuit against the Clippers

Former Clippers General Manager Elgin Baylor alleged he was harassed and subjected to age discrimination, leading to his 2008 departure from the team, but an L.A. jury unanimously rejects all his claims. The foreman says jurors felt Baylor, now 76, was ousted because the Clippers didn't win, not because of his age.

... That's racism???

I'm corn-fused.

[/QUOTE]

No, that's crap and you know it. PROVE something ot it's crap.

I don't care who says what, that's called trial by SMEAR.

That's what I keep harping on.

Also -

Former Clippers General Manager Elgin Baylor alleged he was harassed and subjected to age discrimination, leading to his 2008 departure from the team, but an L.A. jury unanimously rejects all his claims. The foreman says jurors felt Baylor, now 76, was ousted because the Clippers didn't win, not because of his age.

... That's racism???

I'm corn-fused.

You skipped over this in the link I provided for you.

"on the basis of age and race."

Fine, but tell us why, otherwise you aren't 'discussing,' you're just being argumentative.

I've already explained it once on this thread.

Well, I noticed that you are replying to every post with very short, snarky retorts that have almost nothing to do with the thread itself.

We call that intellectual laziness.

If you can't read and comprehend, you're the one who is lazy. I explained the question, in detail, earlier in this thread.

No, that's crap and you know it. PROVE something ot it's crap.

I don't care who says what, that's called trial by SMEAR.

That's what I keep harping on.[/QUOTE]

I dont have to prove anything. I'm not a court of law. I'm just letting you know the accusations were already out there. Thats why he is losing his team. The NBA finally busted him.

Sterling is a dopey old man.

On the other hand, one need not be a "racist" to see that he got fucked for a private expression of his stupid racist thoughts.

The author of the OP apparently doesn't grasp that one judge making A ruling does not necessarily translate into the proposition that this "case" is over.

Ever hear of that thing called an "appeal?"

On the other hand, one need not be a "racist" to see that he got fucked for a private expression of his stupid racist thoughts.

The author of the OP apparently doesn't grasp that one judge making A ruling does not necessarily translate into the proposition that this "case" is over.

I've already posted this once, but here it is again

"There is a clause in the Trust charter itself (a charter which Donald Sterling helped to create, himself....and he signed it....) that blocks any appeals of Probate rulings. That language was included to prevent ANYBODY from waging a long drawn out legal battle that would tie up (and devalue) the Sterlings' significant assets.

The Trust charter makes the ruling to be incontestable...There is no valid reason for any court to overturn the Probate's ruling to take away Donald's authority over the assets. No court will rule that the Trust charter is not a binding agreement. No court will block or rescind the sale of the Clippers.

The Trust charter is the final word. Donald is out."

Also -

... That's racism???

I'm corn-fused.

The lawsuit was dismissed.

Anything else?

Yes he did, but the incident that led to his losing the team was presumably a private conversation, one that occurred in his own home, albeit on a phone. We expect the government to tap our phones...

And again, as I stated in my second post in this thread, he'd said and done stupid shit before, why was this different? Why didn't the NBA do something sooner? Why now?

Under the terms of Paragraph 13 of the constitution, the owners can terminate another owner’s franchise with a vote of three-fourths of the NBA Board of Governors, which is composed of all 30 owners. The power to terminate is limited to things like gambling and fraud in the application for ownership, but it also includes a provision for termination when an owner “fails to fulfill” a “contractual obligation” in “such a way as to affect the [NBA] or its members adversely.” Silver and the owners could assert that Sterling’s statements violated the constitution’s requirements to conduct business on a “reasonable” and “ethical” level.

What penalties might Adam Silver bring down on Donald Sterling? | ProBasketballTalk

[MENTION=42588]anukulardecider[/MENTION]
Again, what was the final vote of the owners? Which owners voted to terminate Sterling's ownership?

You must not have read up on the story before posting.

Judge Michael Levanas tentatively ruled in favor of Shelly Sterling, saying the estranged wife of Donald Sterling acted properly in removing her husband from the trust that owns the NBA team and in winding up the affairs of the trust.

The sale can go forward regardless of any appeals, Levanas said.

Also -

... That's racism???

I'm corn-fused.

The lawsuit was dismissed.

Anything else?

The accusations were not. Thats the point. He was known for being a racist and affected the game. A lawsuit being dismissed doesnt make that go away. Are you claiming dismissed lawsuits have always been decided correctly?

Forum List

Back