Sounds like Kent State all over again

the right to protest is being taken away in this country

No it isn't. The right to peacefully protest does not include the right to do whatever the fuck you want, wherever the fuck you want and the other 99.9999999999999999999% of the population just have to deal with it for as long as you want to do it.

And you fail to mention the riot gear was in response to the"peaceful" protesters throwing bottles.

Yup!

The violence between police and protesters escalated after demonstrators allegedly pelted officers with bottles, rocks and paint, authorities said. Police then fired tear gas into the downtown streets to disperse the crowd.

Latest round of Occupy Oakland protests to be closely watched - CNN.com

Not to mention that more than 20 NY officers hve been injured BY protestors.

So far, more than 20 New York City officers have been injured in Occupy-related incidents, said Ed Mullins, president of the association.

Latest round of Occupy Oakland protests to be closely watched - CNN.com

Maybe I am naive, but I can't help but think that if these Feculant Flea Baggers would have the decency to bathe, use bathrooms or porta-potties for elimination, stopped selling and using drugs, etc....they'd be left alone.

They should go home for a day if the city wants to clean, and police their own wild a-holes. So cops are barely needed. The punks are blowing it a bit. Dam kids these days.
My college, Hobart, caught an FBI agent provacateur in June '70 (only one CAUGHT). Was head of SDS Upstate NY, got two frosh to blow up the ROTC building. And WE caught him. Barely avoiding a riot police riot by being so damn reasonable. see Esquire cover, Tommy the Traveller...The FBI was nuts, most commies WERE FBI etc etc. LOL! see "J. Edgar"...Used to have his Tommy's license plate...No students were charged and the next year was the greatest- cops promised to stay away from the college. The NEXT year, not so good, LOL.

Last edited:
occupy-oakland-wheelchair.jpg

A woman in a wheelchair is teargassed as police disperse protesters at Occupy Oakland.

Big Crowd Gathers at Occupy Oakland, Mayor Promises "Light" Police Presence | Mother Jones

Organizers had instructed participants to be peaceful if arrests came, and most were. Many gathered in the center of the park, locking arms, and sang We Shall Overcome until police led them out, one-by-one to waiting buses. Some were dragged out while others left on foot, handcuffed with plastic ties.

Oakland was less peaceful. Police fired tear gas and beanbag rounds as they cleared out the makeshift city Tuesday. After nightfall, protesters gathered at a downtown library and began marching toward City Hall in an attempt to re-establish a presence in the area of the disbanded camp.

They were met by police in riot gear. Officers cleared the area by firing tear gas over a roughly three-hour stretch of evening scuffles.

Police, protesters clash in Atlanta, Oakland

The fact is those people have a constitutional right to freedom of speech as well as the right to peaceably assemble and petition the government for redress of grievances regardless of their inability to pay for a permit to protest. As far as I’m concerned these actions constitute a de facto violation of those people civil rights.

It’s a shame that the framers of our constitution failed to realize how clever those who would usurp our liberty are and forbid such permit fees.

Care to cite for us the provisions in the Constitution for camping out and LIVING on public property?

No it isn't. The right to peacefully protest does not include the right to do whatever the fuck you want, wherever the fuck you want and the other 99.9999999999999999999% of the population just have to deal with it for as long as you want to do it.

And you fail to mention the riot gear was in response to the"peaceful" protesters throwing bottles.
Says the police.

ROFLMAO

which of course we know are all part of the vast Right wing Conspiracy.

You people are out of your minds. None of us have the right to go Pitch a fucking tent in a public Space and occupy it at will. Yes you have the right to Protest, and assemble. You do not have the right to infringe on everyone's use of a Public Space indefinitely with out any kind of Permits at all.

There is nothing surprising about what happened, and I am 100% sure there was rock and Bottle Throwing going on. Because that is where this has been heading since the Beginning. That is where it always goes when a bunch of Far left Protestors have some Demands they want met.

What is funny to me is some on the left seem to be trying to blame this on Republicans. lol. Cops in a Democrat City, in a Democrat State cracked down on A Bunch of Protestors who over stayed their welcome. Get over it.
The police overreacted to what was basically a hygiene problem.

But you keep clapping.

Organizers had instructed participants to be peaceful if arrests came, and most were. Many gathered in the center of the park, locking arms, and sang We Shall Overcome until police led them out, one-by-one to waiting buses. Some were dragged out while others left on foot, handcuffed with plastic ties.

Oakland was less peaceful. Police fired tear gas and beanbag rounds as they cleared out the makeshift city Tuesday. After nightfall, protesters gathered at a downtown library and began marching toward City Hall in an attempt to re-establish a presence in the area of the disbanded camp.

They were met by police in riot gear. Officers cleared the area by firing tear gas over a roughly three-hour stretch of evening scuffles.

And lest we forget, after Kent State, Richard Nixon was re-elected in a 49 State Landslide.

I think that these smelly hippies aren't doing your side a whole lot of good.

The police that are molesting these protestors are now playing right into their hands.

The more heads the cops break?

The more support those protestors will get from people who aren't there.

I love how your ignorant brain associates college clock towers, deranged lunatics and murder with with a bunch of idiots the squat in their own shit and get shot in the face with with allegedly non-lethal weaponry...

I don't like the cops either but these OWS squatters have been squatting in parks for a month - what do you expect, especially when they get unruly???

Either way calling this bullshit Kent State is mellowdramatic or bizarre - not even close.

Would you feel more comfortable if the TEA Party got together and beat the shit out of all of them??? You know - real grown men beating the ever loving shit out of a bunch of spoiled college student brats?

I love how your ignorant brain associates college clock towers, deranged lunatics and murder with with a bunch of idiots the squat in their own shit and get shot in the face with with allegedly non-lethal weaponry...

I don't like the cops either but these OWS squatters have been squatting in parks for a month - what do you expect, especially when they get unruly???

Either way calling this bullshit Kent State is mellowdramatic or bizarre - not even close.

Would you feel more comfortable if the TEA Party got together and beat the shit out of all of them??? You know - real grown men beating the ever loving shit out of a bunch of spoiled college student brats?

Do we all get a vote on this one?!

:tongue:

the right to protest is being taken away in this country

Bullshit! they came in all that riot gear to stop them from "peacefully protesting".

I don't know, were there any bombs? Were fires set? Shots fired?

If not, it's not like Kent State.

It's hilarious how warped your perception is.

I doubt this will go anywhere, but I certainly hope it makes the city think twice about viciously attacking protestors for basically having hygiene problems.

Occupy Oakland organizers said they had voted to stage the strike next week, intending to shut down the city following what a spokeswoman called the "brutal and vicious" treatment of protesters, including former U.S. Marine Scott Olsen.

Olsen, 24, has become a rallying cry for the Occupy Wall Street movement nationwide.

"We mean nobody goes to work, nobody goes to school, we shut the city down," organizer Cat Brooks said. "The only thing they seem to care about is money and they don't understand that it's our money they need. We don't need them, they need us."

Oakland protesters call for general strike against city | Reuters

I so don't care about these yahoos.

My understanding is they are destroying public property with their stupid bum-fests.

I doubt this will go anywhere, but I certainly hope it makes the city think twice about viciously attacking protestors for basically having hygiene problems.

Occupy Oakland organizers said they had voted to stage the strike next week, intending to shut down the city following what a spokeswoman called the "brutal and vicious" treatment of protesters, including former U.S. Marine Scott Olsen.

Olsen, 24, has become a rallying cry for the Occupy Wall Street movement nationwide.

"We mean nobody goes to work, nobody goes to school, we shut the city down," organizer Cat Brooks said. "The only thing they seem to care about is money and they don't understand that it's our money they need. We don't need them, they need us."

Oakland protesters call for general strike against city | Reuters

You say it was hygene, others say it was because they ceased to be PEACEFULLY assembled as the constitution allows ;). (Vandalism and hurling objects such as paint, rocks, and bottles at other people are both not peaceful)

Forum List

Back