Source behind the false "Obama separated children from their parents" claim identified

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
In US Message Board, some conservative nicknames have been spreading the false statement that Obama separated children from their parents at the border. The source behind the claim has been identified as......
(drumroll....):

conservative USMB nicknames.

That's right. The absence of links accompanying these claims point to conservative nicknames themselves just pulling facts out of their assholes.

Warning: Replies to this thread will look sort of like this:

- Here's a link proving Obama separated families (pointing to a separate USMB thread created by a separate right-wing nut).
- My cousin Frank told me Obama separated children from their parents.
- Hillary is crooked!
- It's true. I read it on Gateway Pundit!

Related: Trump Again Falsely Blames Democrats for His Separation Tactic
:

In US Message Board, some conservative nicknames have been spreading the false statement that Obama separated children from their parents at the border. The source behind the claim has been identified as......
(drumroll....):

That's right. The absence of links accompanying these claims point to conservative nicknames themselves just pulling facts out of their assholes.

- Here's a link proving Obama separated families (pointing to a separate USMB thread created by a separate right-wing nut).
- Hillary is crooked!

:

You're a shameless lying douchebag.

Obama administration officials are rushing to explain photos from 2014 that went viral this weekend showing locked-up immigrant children
5b0dbccf1ae66230008b4fec-1920-1245.jpg

Detainees sleep and watch television in a holding cell where hundreds of mostly Central American immigrant children were being processed and held at the CBP Nogales Placement Center on June 18, 2014.
Associated Press/Ross D. Franklin

Obama’s HHS Placed Children With Human Traffickers, Media Dead Silent @ Report: Obama's HHS Placed Children With Human Traffickers, Media Dead Silent

Democrat Reveals How Obama Admin ‘Tried to Keep Quiet’ Child Migrant Crisis @ Democrat Reveals How Obama Admin 'Tried to Keep Quiet' Child Migrant Crisis

MSNBC Panel Admits Obama Also Separated immigrant Families w/video @ MSNBC Panel Admits Obama Also Separated immigrant Families

You Leftists will immediately try to discredit the sources here.

Again...if it is not reported by ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, PBS, MSLSD, NYSlimes, Wapo, etc...(aka DNC Media) it can't be true. They get duped over and over again.

They would never accept their news from the RNC, but gladly eat it up from the DNC.

...and all this after their party colluded with the MSM to screw Bernie out of the nomination. Giving them a blatant criminal instead. One would think they would learn.

• Banned
(drumroll....):

- Hillary is crooked!

:

Obama administration officials are rushing to explain photos from 2014 that went viral this weekend showing locked-up immigrant children

Detainees sleep and watch television in a holding cell where hundreds of mostly Central American immigrant children were being processed and held at the CBP Nogales Placement Center on June 18, 2014.
Those children were unaccompanied. Your own link embarrasses you:
Favreau said in a series of tweets that he made a "mistake" by not checking the date of the photos before sharing them on Twitter. He explained that the photos were taken in 2014, when the Obama administration faced "an influx of unaccompanied minors who showed up at the border, fleeing violence from Central America."

He added that the pictures had been taken while the government was trying to "move those children out of those shelters as fast as humanly possible and connect them with their parents, most of whom were already in the United States."

• Banned
Again...if it is not reported by ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, PBS, MSLSD, NYSlimes, Wapo, etc...(aka DNC Media) it can't be true. They get duped over and over again.

They would never accept their news from the RNC, but gladly eat it up from the DNC.

...and all this after their party colluded with the MSM to screw Bernie out of the nomination. Giving them a blatant criminal instead. One would think they would learn.
It hasn't even been reported by Trump's Fox News. That's how false it is.

• Banned
Obama’s HHS Placed Children With Human Traffickers, Media Dead Silent @ Report: Obama's HHS Placed Children With Human Traffickers, Media Dead Silent

Democrat Reveals How Obama Admin ‘Tried to Keep Quiet’ Child Migrant Crisis @ Democrat Reveals How Obama Admin 'Tried to Keep Quiet' Child Migrant Crisis

MSNBC Panel Admits Obama Also Separated immigrant Families w/video @ MSNBC Panel Admits Obama Also Separated immigrant Families

You Leftists will immediately try to discredit the sources here.
You linked to the "Western Journal", founded by the same conservative founder of Citizens United (Floyd Brown).
"Western Journalism was founded by political consultant Floyd Brown in 2008, who also founded the Political Action Committee Citizens United[3] and served as executive director of the Young America’s Foundation.[4]"
The Western Journal - Wikipedia

Floyd Brown also created the racist "Willie Horton" television ad during the Bush-Dukakis presidential race.

Are you blushing from embarrassment?
The nice thing about the thread is its snowball effect. That is, the more conservative nicknames chime in (posting discredited biased right-wing crappy links), the more their fake Obama claim is debunked.

Yes...propaganda works on partisans of both parties. Sad really.

However the left wing bias in the MSM is overwhelming and has been so for decades. Fox is but one network versus all the others.

(drumroll....):

- Hillary is crooked!

:

Favreau said in a series of tweets that he made a "mistake" by not checking the date of the photos before sharing them on Twitter. He explained that the photos were taken in 2014, when the Obama administration faced "an influx of unaccompanied minors who showed up at the border, fleeing violence from Central America."

He added that the pictures had been taken while the government was trying to "move those children out of those shelters as fast as humanly possible and connect them with their parents, most of whom were already in the United States."
So, because those wetback kids didn't come with parents, they are lesser children to be kept in cages?! Seriously?

However the left wing bias in the MSM is overwhelming and has been so for decades. Fox is but one network versus all the others.
Has Fox reported that Obama separated children from their parents?

(drumroll....):

- Hillary is crooked!

:

So, because those wetback kids didn't come with parents, they are lesser children to be kept in cages?! Seriously?
This thread is about separation from their parents, and you stand embarrassed. Besides, you didn't call them "cages" when you first learned that Trump did it.

Don't know and don't care. I don't waste my time with any of the corporatist lying media outlets.

If you really think all this just started with Trump, you must admit you are a dupe.

Don't know and don't care. I don't waste my time with any of the corporatist lying media outlets.

If you really think all this just started with Trump, you must admit you are a dupe.
Oh, now conservative nicknames "don't care!". LOL.
It's what they do. Spread fake news and when caught, pretend not to care.

You have not been paying attention. I am about as far from being a con, as you are.

You have not been paying attention. I am about as far from being a con, as you are.
and not being a partisan of either party, makes me smarter than you.

News Immigration

Before Jeff Sessions Separated Immigrant Families, Obama Did It
May 8, 2018, 6:16pm Tina Vasquez

A program that detains male Mexican migrants near the border and repatriates them far from their area of origin ramped up under the Obama administration—and often led to family separation.

The Alien Transfer Exit Program

The United States since 2008 has had a policy called the Alien Transfer Exit Program (ATEP), which detains male Mexican migrants near the border and, instead of repatriating them to their area of origin, leaves them hundreds—and sometimes thousands—of miles away at the opposite end of the U.S.-Mexico border. They are often released from custody at unusual times of day in completely unfamiliar areas where they have no family or other support system. The practice is supposed to deter further border crossing attempts, but instead it subjects migrants to crime and danger.

In 2011, the Alien Transfer Exit Program affected an estimated one-fifth of migrants detained by Border Patrol along the southwest border. That’s because ATEP ramped up under the Obama administration as a way to handle the spike in Mexican migrants attempting to enter the United States.

Before Jeff Sessions Separated Immigrant Families, Obama Did It - Rewire.News

Note the year:

• Fact Sheet
Falling Through the Cracks
The Impact of Immigration Enforcement on Children Caught Up in the Child Welfare System

Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to PrintShare to FlipboardShare to More337
December 12, 2012

"One of the many consequences of an aggressive immigration enforcement system is the separation of children, often U.S. citizens, from their unauthorized immigrant parents. Take the case of Felipe Montes, a father who has spent the past two years fighting to reunite with his three young children, who were placed in foster care in North Carolina following Montes’ deportation to Mexico in late 2010. Such cases only scratch at the surface of a growing problem. Our immigration policies often fail to address the needs of millions of children whom they directly impact.

According to the Pew Hispanic Center, approximately 5.5 million children in the United States, including 4.5 million U.S.-born citizens, live in mixed-legal status families with at least one parent who is an unauthorized immigrant. These children are at risk of being separated from a parent at any time. Parents facing removal must frequently make the decision whether to take their children with them or leave their children in the U.S. in the care of another parent, relative, or friend. In many cases, a parent may determine that it is in their child’s best interest to remain in the U.S. However, in some cases, a parent’s ability to make such decisions is compromised when their child enters the child welfare system, which can prompt a series of events leading to the termination of parental rights. The lack of consistent protocols across the different public systems that encounter separated families further exacerbates the problem.

This paper outlines the unique challenges that federal and state immigration enforcement measures pose to child well-being and family unity, including the implications for children and families involved in the child welfare system.

How Many Families Are Separated By Immigration Enforcement?
The precise number of children and families separated by immigration enforcement is unknown. Prior to 2010, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not track this information consistently. As of 2011, DHS was required by Congress to document only the number of parents of U.S.-citizen children removed each year. Therefore, neither the number of parents detained nor the precise number of U.S.-citizen children impacted by a parent’s removal or detention is known. What we do know is:

• A 2007 Urban Institute study on immigration worksite raids found that, on average, for every two adults apprehended in a worksite raid, at least one child is impacted.
  • The DHS Office of the Inspector General estimated that over 108,000 parents of U.S.-citizen children were removed from the U.S. between 1997 and 2007.
  • Reflecting a dramatic increase in recent years, statistics released by DHS reveal that 204,810 parents of U.S.-citizen children were removed from the U.S. between July 1, 2010 and September 31, 2012, accounting for nearly 23 percent of all individuals deported during that period. This is likely an underestimate since parents may be reluctant to reveal that they have children.
Why Have Removals Of Parents Of U.S.-Citizen Children Increased?
  • Partnerships with local police agencies: The rise in parental removals is correlated with a shift in immigration enforcement policy in late 2007 from worksite operations to cooperation with the criminal justice system. According to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) statistics, more than half of the individuals removed from the U.S. in 2011 were identified as “criminal aliens,” including those who committed non-violent offenses. The most prominent jail-based immigration enforcement program, called Secure Communities, is a DHS program that identifies immigrants who are booked into U.S. jails and who are suspected of violating immigration law. It has been implemented in a majority of county jails and is expected to operate nationwide in 2013.

Note the year:

• Fact Sheet
The Impact of Immigration Enforcement on Children Caught Up in the Child Welfare System

Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to PrintShare to FlipboardShare to More337
December 12, 2012

"One of the many consequences of an aggressive immigration enforcement system is the separation of children, often U.S. citizens, from their unauthorized immigrant parents. Take the case of Felipe Montes, a father who has spent the past two years fighting to reunite with his three young children, who were placed in foster care in North Carolina following Montes’ deportation to Mexico in late 2010. Such cases only scratch at the surface of a growing problem. Our immigration policies often fail to address the needs of millions of children whom they directly impact.

According to the Pew Hispanic Center, approximately 5.5 million children in the United States, including 4.5 million U.S.-born citizens, live in mixed-legal status families with at least one parent who is an unauthorized immigrant. These children are at risk of being separated from a parent at any time. Parents facing removal must frequently make the decision whether to take their children with them or leave their children in the U.S. in the care of another parent, relative, or friend. In many cases, a parent may determine that it is in their child’s best interest to remain in the U.S. However, in some cases, a parent’s ability to make such decisions is compromised when their child enters the child welfare system, which can prompt a series of events leading to the termination of parental rights. The lack of consistent protocols across the different public systems that encounter separated families further exacerbates the problem.

This paper outlines the unique challenges that federal and state immigration enforcement measures pose to child well-being and family unity, including the implications for children and families involved in the child welfare system.

How Many Families Are Separated By Immigration Enforcement?
The precise number of children and families separated by immigration enforcement is unknown. Prior to 2010, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not track this information consistently. As of 2011, DHS was required by Congress to document only the number of parents of U.S.-citizen children removed each year. Therefore, neither the number of parents detained nor the precise number of U.S.-citizen children impacted by a parent’s removal or detention is known. What we do know is:

• A 2007 Urban Institute study on immigration worksite raids found that, on average, for every two adults apprehended in a worksite raid, at least one child is impacted.
  • The DHS Office of the Inspector General estimated that over 108,000 parents of U.S.-citizen children were removed from the U.S. between 1997 and 2007.
  • Reflecting a dramatic increase in recent years, statistics released by DHS reveal that 204,810 parents of U.S.-citizen children were removed from the U.S. between July 1, 2010 and September 31, 2012, accounting for nearly 23 percent of all individuals deported during that period. This is likely an underestimate since parents may be reluctant to reveal that they have children.
Why Have Removals Of Parents Of U.S.-Citizen Children Increased?
  • Partnerships with local police agencies: The rise in parental removals is correlated with a shift in immigration enforcement policy in late 2007 from worksite operations to cooperation with the criminal justice system. According to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) statistics, more than half of the individuals removed from the U.S. in 2011 were identified as “criminal aliens,” including those who committed non-violent offenses. The most prominent jail-based immigration enforcement program, called Secure Communities, is a DHS program that identifies immigrants who are booked into U.S. jails and who are suspected of violating immigration law. It has been implemented in a majority of county jails and is expected to operate nationwide in 2013.

The truth means nothing to the elite left. They must promote the agenda and keep duping some Americans over and over again.

(drumroll....):

- Hillary is crooked!

:

This thread is about separation from their parents, and you stand embarrassed. Besides, you didn't call them "cages" when you first learned that Trump did it.
How do you know assume any of that. WTF is wrong with you, I mean besides being low life?

Forum List

Back